Brighton 2 - 0 Newcastle United - 05/01/13 - post-match reaction from page 45

Dave

Since when was having a cup run and staying in the league mutually exclusive?

That was decided at the same meeting when it was confirmed you can only either spend fuck all or bankrupt the club.  I think you'd nipped out for a sly one in the toilets when we had the vote.

:lol:

Since when was having a cup run and staying in the league mutually exclusive?

This. Love Cup competitions and the buzz you get as you progress through the rounds. Last few years has been pitiful.

I can't really remember what it's like to do anything other than limp out early. Even our two finals are a dim memory now.

No wonder the reserve players look so unmotivated by the way when all he ever talks about is how they're not good enough and we need other players back.

He's like listening to Souness.

Would love it if Pardew resigned on air. Would make up for watching this whole f***ing joke of a performance andcoverage.

But who would we get in?

Who cares?  Susan Boyle couldn't do any worse.

graham carr

No. Changing for the sake of change is stupid. It's what got this club into the position it's in today.

Ok, we could ge the bloke from Lille.  We could get Solskjaer.  We could go for Martinez.  Bilic, hell, even Ketsbaia.

'Getting our best players back.'

Answer for everything. The lack of shape, the lack of commitment, the lack of organisation, everything.

I'm going to be sick to my stomach if getting our best players means better shape, commitment and organisation.

Because mainly it will mean that players that come through the system are not coached properly.

Blatantly Pardew rubbish but if by magic it does then i'll feel like shit.

Pathetic performance. It is a indisputable fact that outside of our first choice 11 we have very little quality. Tavernier, Abeid, Sammy Ameobi, Ferguson, Amalfitano, Campbell , Ranger, etc. all need to go out on loan (assuming someone will take them). Unfortunately with all our injuries and pathetic squad depth we still need them at the moment. Currently we only have Cisse who we can count as a goal scorer. Shola is a very irregular goal scorer. He can't be relied upon to score goals. I wonder if any manager could pick a winning team from the squad we have available at the moment?

Guest bluegeordie

Well, once and for all, Williamson proved he's not Championship standard ... but not in the way that he might have liked. Maybe League One is his calling? 

As for any hope that we will "grow from below", with talented youngsters who will come through the ranks, what an absolute joke. Abeid and Ranger were atrocious; Sammy continues to mount a case for there being a gene for inducing irritation and frustration in others; and Tavernier doesn't excatly catch the eye (unlike Bridge ffs). I thought Dummett did okay when he came on, considering the debacle that was unfolding around him.   

Apart from the inevitability of Stroller doing something stupid after his first idiotic yellow, and getting himself sent off (I just knew that would happen), I felt that Obertan's overall "performance" ( I use the word loosely) was the low point of the afternoon. He is one of the most gutless and spineless players that I've ever seen, and his continuing role in our plans speaks volumes about the lack of true ambition at our godforsaken club.   

No wonder the reserve players look so unmotivated by the way when all he ever talks about is how they're not good enough and we need other players back.

:clap:

It's not exactly a lie though, I'm not condoning fully slagging them off in public but they aren't good enough.