Norwich City vs Newcastle United - 12/01/13 @ 3pm (not on TV)

bowlingcrofty

I am hoping we are at least able to field this team and suspect/hope Pardew is bluffing re Cabaye on bench. I'd like to see more of Campbell as looked really promising but just seen so little of him (bear in mind Pardew had HBA on the bench for the majority of last season).

Need the hard working Jonas now Tiote's gone as opposition teams have been going through our midfield way way too easily. Bigi has really impressed me and is one of the only players to come out of the the last few games with any credit. Anita i am still not sure about but is defensively more switched on than Sammy and Obertan so should offer Debuchy some help and at least keep us more solid. We can't afford all out attack we will try and outscore you now we've lost Ba. I prefer Marveaux to be central and look to get forward at soon as we have the ball.

Pack the midfield and get Debuchy, Colo, Bigi, and Santon to bring the ball forward with Anita, Cabaye, Marv and Jonas making forward runs. Cisse playing centrally off the shoulder, lurking and making intelligent runs.

Krul

Debuchy  Williamson  Colo      Santon

Bigi             

Anita    Cabaye        Marveaux Jonas

Cisse

Elliot/Harper, Fergie, Dummet/Tav, Sammy, Ranger/Abied, Obertan, Campbell

From the BBC preview.

Newcastle have played 16 away games in all competitions this season and have not won any of them; 38 goals have been conceded in those games.

No Premier League side have conceded more headed goals than Alan Pardew's men (11) this season.

The Magpies (17%) have played a higher proportion of long passes (35 yards or more) than any other Premier League team this season.

Twenty points from 21 matches is Newcastle's lowest ever points haul in the Premier League era.

:anguish:

From the BBC preview.

Newcastle have played 16 away games in all competitions this season and have not won any of them; 38 goals have been conceded in those games.

No Premier League side have conceded more headed goals than Alan Pardew's men (11) this season.

The Magpies (17%) have played a higher proportion of long passes (35 yards or more) than any other Premier League team this season.

Twenty points from 21 matches is Newcastle's lowest ever points haul in the Premier League era.

Long pass percentage will go down with Danny Simpson out of the team.

From the BBC preview.

And Tiote

We need to get things together today. Three points would calm my nerves so much.

Krul

Debuchy Williamson Coloccini Santon

Anita Perch

Cabaye

Obertan        Cissé          Marveaux

If Cabaye makes the starting lineup i'll be pretty confident. We need his ability, work-rate and even personality on the pitch as beyond him and Colo the side is short on character somewhat. I bet he'd look for Debuchy's runs forward every time he gets the ball as well  :)

Not confident at all, think we'll get beaten heavily- Norwich away is just one of those games you know it's not going to happen. A draw would be a good result, just to finally stop the rot and at last get some point(s) on the board.

Massive game.

If Cabaye makes the starting lineup i'll be pretty confident. We need his ability, work-rate and even personality on the pitch as beyond him and Colo the side is short on character somewhat. I bet he'd look for Debuchy's runs forward every time he gets the ball as well  :)

Debuchy has character.

Guest bimpy474

From the BBC preview.

Funnily enough these are the stats Pardew chooses not to quote.

Debuchy has character.

Tbf though he's an unknown quantity to a lot of our fans, especially as far as his personality goes. Think its fair to say that outside Cabaye, Taylor and Colo we do lack leadership hopefully Debuchy can add to that too.

Debuchy has character.

Tbf though he's an unknown quantity to a lot of our fans, especially as far as his personality goes. Think its fair to say that outside Cabaye, Taylor and Colo we do lack leadership hopefully Debuchy can add to that too.

I'm hoping he will hit the ground running like Cabaye did (since they've had the same football education/experience). Think we'll see a notable difference in quality down the right flank to what we've been used to today.

From the BBC preview.

And Tiote

Poking at individual players for a style of play advocated/encouraged by the manager is silly IMO.

From the BBC preview.

And Tiote

Poking at individual players for a style of play advocated/encouraged by the manager is silly IMO.

:thup: