Newcastle vs. Reading - 19/01/2013 @ 3pm (not on TV) - DEFINITELY ON

Skirge

Conditions were similar - quite probably worse - in the build-up to the Chelsea 1-1 a couple of seasons ago. From what I've seen being out and about today Newcastle City Council have been quite well-prepared for this, as soon as you cross the boundary on the Coast Road heading into North Tyneside the difference is massive though :lol:

Even the side streets I was passing through in Benton, Forest Hall, Gosforth and suchlike were clear, in comparison to the ones on the coast which were like ice-rinks.

NUFC are obviously desperate to make sure it's on as well, which is half the battle.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Paths around Benton & Forest Hall are covered again. They were clear this morning like, well gritted and looked after (for a change). As far as I'm concerned I need to be ready for work still tomorrow.  :undecided:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Approaches have tuns of grit on , had a walk down earlier.

Yip, city centre is fine. It's chcuking down outside here mind at the minute but games have went ahead in much worse conditions.

I read that as a 'DURING THE WAR...' kind of thing.  :lol: :undecided:

Yip, city centre is fine. It's chcuking down outside here mind at the minute but games have went ahead in much worse conditions.

Chortle, was more Chelsea in 2010 that i was referring to when the snow was much much worse.

Conditions were similar - quite probably worse - in the build-up to the Chelsea 1-1 a couple of seasons ago. From what I've seen being out and about today Newcastle City Council have been quite well-prepared for this, as soon as you cross the boundary on the Coast Road heading into North Tyneside the difference is massive though :lol:

That's cos the bloke that does Newcastle City is competent at his job and the bloke doing N.Tyneside is a massive, massive cunt. I know of them both.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Chortle, was more Chelsea in 2010 that i was referring to when the snow was much much worse.

Was it a televised game?

Was it a televised game?

Aye, Sunday match IIRC.

Was it a televised game?

aye, i think it was. I didn't expect it to be on and was building a snowman in the garden when wor lass shouted out that the match was on and was i not getting a shift on??

Wouldn't have thought we'd be desperate to play it. We'd have had 3(?) weeks off after Brighton*, a few players back and (:iamatwat:) maybe a new signing in before Villa.

Though I can see how 3 points takes the sting off recent events.

*Forgot Norwich

If the club aren't desperate for it to be on then we really are doomed. We need the momentum and, no disrespect to Reading, if you were allowed to back one game a season where you thought we'd definitely get three points, even minus a couple of players, then this would be pretty high up the list.

Wouldn't have thought we'd be desperate to play it. We'd have had 3(?) weeks off after Brighton, a few players back and (:iamatwat:) maybe a new signing in before Villa.

Though I can see how 3 points takes the sting off recent events.

Pardew (I know) in the press conference:

"The snow's coming, we've got probably the best workforce at the ground to clear it and a good relationship with the council. We're doing everything to make sure it's definitely going to be on. I think ours will definitely be on."