Newcastle vs. Reading - 19/01/2013 @ 3pm (not on TV) - DEFINITELY ON

Skirge

Highly doubt this will be off, the council have put a lot of effort in at clearing roads and footpaths in last few years, mistakes learned after that Charlton game which was called off at the last minute in 2005, numerous games have gone ahead since with snow in the area (Middlesbrough Nicky Butt overhead kick and Chelsea, Hughton's last home game spring to mind)

Highly doubt this will be off, the council have put a lot of effort in at clearing roads and footpaths in last few years, mistakes learned after that Charlton game which was called off at the last minute in 2005, numerous games have gone ahead since with snow in the area (Middlesbrough Nicky Butt overhead kick and Chelsea, Hughton's last home game spring to mind)

aye and no. it depends on the actual conditions. newcastle/gateshead was gridlocked just last month with ice even though there had been just an inch or so of snow.

You guys really want this called off? Unless they rearrange for midweek (and bearing in mind they have an FA Cup game at the weekend) that will mean that you have 17 days without a game. This board will have combusted.

Absolutely not. Probably our best chance of three points this season :fwap: We need points on the board ASAP :lol:

You guys really want this called off? Unless they rearrange for midweek (and bearing in mind they have an FA Cup game at the weekend) that will mean that you have 17 days without a game. This board will have combusted.

Even then "we was lookin' tired out there today" would be the first thing Pard-o would say to explain our lifeless display.

Absolutely not. Probably our best chance of three points this season :fwap: We need points on the board ASAP :lol:

Of course, if you fail to win then you have 10 days to brood on it :anguish:.

If we fail to win we can stop thinking about the Championship and start preparation for it quite frankly.

If we fail to win we can stop thinking about the Championship and start preparation for it quite frankly.

I said in my predictions, I have you down for a draw...yet I also have you staying up with (I think it was) 41 points. The Villa match is the biggy - win there and it's a double-whammy. They will think they're already down.

I said in my predictions, I have you down for a draw...yet I also have you staying up with (I think it was) 41 points. The Villa match is the biggy - win there and it's a double-whammy. They will think they're already down.

:thup: Not an unrealistic prediction.

I've been following Newcastle for long enough to have baseless superstitions about us - and I know, I know, that our Premier League status will be decided by us - not the teams around us.  If our plan is to rely on three teams to be worse than us, it's already over. We're a very polarised team - when we're good, we're very good - vying for Europe and what have you, but when we're bad, boy there's virtually no one worse :lol: I really believe that.

We need a win IMO. We'll see though :sad:

:thup: Not an unrealistic prediction.

I've been following Newcastle for long enough to have baseless superstitions about us - and I know, I know, that our Premier League status will be decided by us - not the teams around us.  If our plan is to rely on three teams to be worse than us, it's already over. We're a very polarised team - when we're good, we're very good - vying for Europe and what have you, but when we're bad, boy there's virtually no one worse :lol: I really believe that.

We need a win IMO. We'll see though :sad:

Villa are capable of being quite astonishingly bad at the moment, though. It's only if something clicks there (e.g. Vlaar getting back making a huge difference, them buying a midfielder with some serious nous) that I see them surviving. If anything, they're worse at home at the mo.

I've not decided not to shave until we've won a game.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/f-this.gif

Bloody hell, what happened there? :laugh:

Was a long day at work tbf.

I want this out of the way, get a few quick wins on the spin so we can relax a bit and go all out in the Europa League.

Probably belongs in the daft questions thread but whatever; How likely is it that this game would get called off? I'm setting off from London at about half 10 Sat morning, would I know before then or would it be a late call?

Probably belongs in the daft questions thread but whatever; How likely is it that this game would get called off? I'm setting off from London at about half 10 Sat morning, would I know before then or would it be a late call?

Extremely unlikely I would say.

Weather forecast for the next couple of days has improved, not as much snow expected now so should be fine I reckon

Based on the way they were set out at training today the team for this is:

Krul

Debuchy Williamson Coloccini Santon

Obertan Anita Cabaye Gutierrez

Marveaux

Cisse

4-4-1-1, 4-2-3-1, whatever you want to call it. Hardly groundbreaking, I know, but Taylor doesn't walk straight back in as many suspected following the clean sheet.

It was pretty cut-and-dry btw, obviously lined up A team vs. B team. Only two I'm not 100% on are Cabaye and Marveaux, but as both appear in the training photos (rather than the spliced video from Pardew's press conference) I think it's a safe bet.

Absolutely nowt from the wings then for entirely different reasons. It's going to come down to whether Marveaux or Cabaye can pull something out of their arses either for a goal or a chance for Cisse to put away.

I still think we'll win this...........just, 2-1 maybe