Newcastle vs. Reading - 19/01/2013 @ 3pm (not on TV) - DEFINITELY ON

Skirge

Guest NobbyOhNobby

Aye, it's a bit wild down the coast.  Just saw a bloke crash into the wall in front of the houses next to kwik fit in tynemouth. Knocked half the wall down and totally knacked the front of his car. If it'd happened 5 seconds earlier he would've hit me......

Wouldn't have thought we'd be desperate to play it. We'd have had 3(?) weeks off after Brighton, a few players back and (:iamatwat:) maybe a new signing in before Villa.

Though I can see how 3 points takes the sting off recent events.

Pardew (I know) in the press conference:

"The snow's coming, we've got probably the best workforce at the ground to clear it and a good relationship with the council. We're doing everything to make sure it's definitely going to be on. I think ours will definitely be on."

Probably wouldn't admit in public that he'd rather have the week off :lol: If we were to play this game in a month or 2 then we'd have Taylor, Ben Arfa and Tiote back plus new signing Monday Bandele. Maybe a bit of momentum off the back of beating Villa too.

Wouldn't have thought we'd be desperate to play it. We'd have had 3(?) weeks off after Brighton, a few players back and (:iamatwat:) maybe a new signing in before Villa.

"The snow's coming, we've got probably the best workforce at the ground to clear it and a good relationship with the council. We're doing everything to make sure it's definitely going to be on. I think ours will definitely be on."

Probably wouldn't admit in public that he'd rather have the week off :lol: If we were to play this game in a month or 2 then we'd have Taylor, Ben Arfa and Tiote back plus new signing Monday Bandele. Maybe a bit of momentum off the back of beating Villa too.

I think he'd prefer to play this now tbh. We should win this. If this isn't played, then the pressure to get something at Villa will be immense. We need this to relieve some of that.

Plus most likely another midweek fixture that he's been bemoaning all season.

Not like other players could get injured in the meantime or anything. You're wrong man :razz:

Plus most likely another midweek fixture that he's been bemoaning all season.

Aye there's that too.

If we win tomorrow, a draw at Villa is not the worst result in the world. If there's no game tomorrow then there's pressure to win that and get the points on the board.

In a way I hope this is called off so that we have more time/less games whilst seeking out new players.

New players  :lol:

I can see a flaw in your logic.  :hmm:

Anyway, Reading have the worst away record in all 4 divisions, this is the easiest 3pts Pardew is going to get all season. No excuses.

Why on earth AP didn't like the idea of snow cancelation. Isn't it better to play this game in Aprile when everyone is fit and we potentially add couple of players in our rank.

No. I'd rather our next two games were Reading and Villa, than Villa and Chelski. We need points on the board. This game must go ahead.

Guest malandro

Why on earth AP didn't like the idea of snow cancelation. Isn't it better to play this game in Aprile when everyone is fit and we potentially add couple of players in our rank.

Possibly because it could see us slip into the bottom three if we don't play, which would really crank up the pressure.