Newcastle vs. Reading - 19/01/2013 @ 3pm (not on TV) - DEFINITELY ON

Skirge

Definitely Ian, that's why I have this very strange feeling called optimism somewhere deep down :lol: With Cabaye our play is a lot better plus he offers a goal threat like the one he scored at the Mackems or free kicks

Even when he came on the other day he was instantly looking to find Cisse with some good passes. Given some more support from the rest we should manage a goal or two.

Based on the way they were set out at training today the team for this is:

Krul

Debuchy Williamson Coloccini Santon

Obertan Anita Cabaye Gutierrez

Marveaux

Cisse

4-4-1-1, 4-2-3-1, whatever you want to call it. Hardly groundbreaking, I know, but Taylor doesn't walk straight back in as many suspected following the clean sheet.

It was pretty cut-and-dry btw, obviously lined up A team vs. B team. Only two I'm not 100% on are Cabaye and Marveaux, but as both appear in the training photos (rather than the spliced video from Pardew's press conference) I think it's a safe bet.

If we don't win, it's all your fault. I hope you accept this.

I'll say this, at least the team Rich has put up there has attacking capability. Whether they play with a style/strategy that reflects that capability remains to be seen. There's enough there to have a tinfoil Reading side on the back-foot for the majority of the game.

Guest bimpy474

:lol:

It's magic that they put barriers up while the official site has got extended footage of our training regime readily accessible on it.

But the camera is at ground level. The ball however.

It's magic that they put barriers up while the official site has got extended footage of our training regime readily accessible on it.

Did we actually go through with those barriers? :lol:

They're visible on the training pics from today.

I'll say this, at least the team Rich has put up there has attacking capability. Whether they play with a style/strategy that reflects that capability remains to be seen. There's enough there to have a tinfoil Reading side on the back-foot for the majority of the game.

True. Even with their comeback last weekend Reading are weak as piss at the back and we really should have them. Pressure does strange things to players though.

Got a link? :lol:

Pardew: The NUFC staff are working very hard to make sure the match goes ahead and he is confident it will be on.

Well, given his track record, I can safely put a bet on of my weeks wages that it'll be off ?

Guest bimpy474

I really hope Obertan doesn't start. I read somewhere today that we haven't won a game he's started in since Bolton (0-2) away 2011.

Probably belongs in the daft questions thread but whatever; How likely is it that this game would get called off? I'm setting off from London at about half 10 Sat morning, would I know before then or would it be a late call?

I'd set off earlier than that like, if there's snow the main roads could be chaos.

I really hope Obertan doesn't start. I read somewhere today that we haven't won a game he's started in since Bolton (0-2) away 2011.

Didn't he start for us for QPR at home just before christmas?

Nope, came on as a sub.

http://www.flickr.com//photos/40191515@N05/sets/72157632541534913/show/

That, I'm assuming

Guest bimpy474

Started the Bordeaux 3-0 in October. In the league though, that stat is correct.

Cheers Dave, it was a league stat i meant to say ;)

Pardew: The NUFC staff are working very hard to make sure the match goes ahead and he is confident it will be on.

Must be a pretty large team of staff they've got prepared as nowadays it's not just how playable the pitch is but also the outlying areas of the ground and safety of the travelling fans route i.e. why our match vs Middlesbrough was called off during that bout of unseasonably warm weather.

Pardew: Yes in fact, the squad are working four days out of five to make sure the pitch is okay for the match go ahead.

http://www.flickr.com//photos/40191515@N05/sets/72157632541534913/show/

That, I'm assuming

I wonder why Keegan and Sir Bobby didn't revert to keeping the fans away from training, who knows, we could have been quite decent if they'd had the foresight.