Moussa Sissoko

Skeletor
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

f***ing hell, we do have a way of signing very highly rated players for absolutely f*** all don't we? :lol:

If Colo stays this will have been a stunning window.

You have to figure that three men in central midfield is pretty much a no-brainer from here on. Tiote, Cabaye, Anita and Sissoko... genuine competition for places... gonna be f***ing weird having players on the bench who aren't completely hopeless. :lol:

Poor Bigirimana. He's not even going to be able to get a place on the bench :lol:

The minute Sissoko signs, if he signs, Bigi should be loaned out to a top half Championship club.

I give up, I've got to ask. How are you getting these players, especially for these prices? Why on earth isn't anyone else in for them? Why are they coming? Cheeky happy hour with Pardew? All expenses night out at in the Goose? A tour of Longbenton? I'm baffled.

I give up, I've got to ask. How are you getting these players, especially for these prices? Why on earth isn't anyone else in for them? Why are they coming? Cheeky happy hour with Pardew? All expenses night out at in the Goose? A tour of Longbenton? I'm baffled.

Two men. Cabaye and Ben Arfa. IMO.

I still wouldn't right off Marveaux being a long-term starter, ahead of Gouffran in some games.

Everything I've seen of Marveaux suggests that's a bit like saying Santon will start above Tiote in some games. Completely different positions.

Mr Cabaye and his ways.

Dare I say it...preparation, an ear to the ground and a whole lot of opportunism.

f***ing hell, we do have a way of signing very highly rated players for absolutely f*** all don't we? :lol:

You have to figure that three men in central midfield is pretty much a no-brainer from here on. Tiote, Cabaye, Anita and Sissoko... genuine competition for places... gonna be f***ing weird having players on the bench who aren't completely hopeless. :lol:

Poor Bigirimana. He's not even going to be able to get a place on the bench :lol:

The minute Sissoko signs, if he signs, Bigi should be loaned out to a top half Championship club.

I think in the long term Tiote will be sold, on this seasons performances rightly so.

Greggs was founded by John Gregg as a Tyneside bakery in 1939. It opened its first shop in Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne in 1951.

We're the home of Greggs Neil, the home of Greggs.

Despite the stick those at the top get, we clearly have a top notch recruitment team. Hasn't always been the case but we've clearly learned. Apart from when it comes to appointing managers.

Aye, I actually think that both Benny and Cabs have been instrumental in the process of tapping up these players. Without them I doubt some of these would consider us.

I still wouldn't right off Marveaux being a long-term starter, ahead of Gouffran in some games.

Everything I've seen of Marveaux suggests that's a bit like saying Santon will start above Tiote in some games. Completely different positions.

True, except people were listing Marveaux wide in a 4-3-3. IMO he's better in midfield.

I think in the long term Tiote will be sold, on this seasons performances rightly so.

I have no problem with that. If he goes in the summer, Bigi should be ready to make the step up. He's already very close so he should continue to play first team football for the remainder of this season.

True, except people were listing Marveaux wide in a 4-3-3. IMO he's better in midfield.

Very much so. :thup:  He's no wide forward.

Cabaye.

Despite the stick those at the top get, we clearly have a top notch recruitment team. Hasn't always been the case but we've clearly learned. Apart from when it comes to appointing managers.

Actually it's not so much the fact you're getting these players - regardless of your current position, a club like Newcastle should be aiming for this standard of players. I'm just confused why it seems as though no other clubs are aware of all these players going for cheap. It's just bizarre. IIRC didn't you get Cabaye on the cheap without any sort of competition? There's good recruitment, then there's that.

If Tiote is sold at least it will be for his proper value. I expect to see him look more of the player he was last season when he's got a genuine box to box midfielder alongside him.

Aye, I actually think that both Benny and Cabs have been instrumental in the process of tapping up these players. Without them I doubt some of these would consider us.

Completely ingoring all the hard work our scouting team have done, the set up we have created in France and the relationship with the agents we have. 

Aye the players signed them.

And yes, I'm not hiding it very well - I'm clearly jealous you're buying player after player, while we scratch around for a few spare 50p coins to get a loan player in, all while Naismith "works hard" on the right wing.

Actually it's not so much the fact you're getting these players - regardless of your current position, a club like Newcastle should be aiming for this standard of players. I'm just confused why it seems as though no other clubs are aware of all these players going for cheap. It's just bizarre. IIRC didn't you get Cabaye on the cheap without any sort of competition? There's good recruitment, then there's that.

Mbiwa pointed out that we were the only club who showed real interest in him. I don't think it's much more complicated or mysterious than that. Carr has proved himself a top notch scout. A scout isn't just for spotting talent, but for having and keeping contacts throughout the world of football that give you an advantage when it comes to recruiting players who are sought-after hot properties.

I take it this player is decent going by the reaction of everyone.  Can someone do me a comparison - who is he most like in playing terms?

And yes, I'm not hiding it very well - I'm clearly jealous you're buying player after player, while we scratch around for a few spare 50p coins to get a loan player in, all while Naismith "works hard" on the right wing.

Well we're jealous of your league position. Swings and round abouts.

Mbiwa pointed out that we were the only club who showed real interest in him. I don't think it's much more complicated or mysterious than that. Carr has proved himself a top notch scout. A scout isn't just for spotting talent, but for having and keeping contacts throughout the world of football that give you an advantage when it comes to recruiting players who are sought-after hot properties.

Maybe I've overestimated how saturated the market is. It's just the concept of getting a succession of apparently good players, on the cheap, without any sort of competition. I'm struggling to get my head around it. It's as though no other clubs exist.

Again it seems we work on these deals for a good period before clinching the deal. This is a perfect example of it. Sissoko had made his mind up that he was coming here to such an extent he wouldn't even contemplate the other options.