Moussa Sissoko

Skeletor
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Out of interest how many away goals did he score for us?

12?

"away" i asked for?

So you did. Sorry :blush:

No problem. Still curious... Anybody?

3. As I answered before

:thup: Missed your post. C'mon then remind me who they were against?

EDIT: You've answered already again [emoji38]

When i looked it up I knew he scored the City away one but completely forgot the two Hull goals as the only thing I remember from that match was the Pardew headbutt [emoji38]

Out of interest how many away goals did he score for us?

12?

"away" i asked for?

So you did. Sorry :blush:

No problem. Still curious... Anybody?

3. As I answered before

:thup: Missed your post. C'mon then remind me who they were against?

EDIT: You've answered already again [emoji38]

When i looked it up I knew he scored the City away one but completely forgot the two Hull goals as the only thing I remember from that match was the Pardew headbutt [emoji38]

I was at that game! :lol:

Loved how we've completely had Levys pants down on deadline day. Wouldn't surprise me if he does well for Spurs we all know what hes capable of on his day, a new club, new motive and big expectations he'll probably have a few of them performances in his first season, who knows after that. He was finished here though, we'd have been stuck with the shit Sissoko. 30mill is unreal business after last season and some good games at the Euros  :lol:

Quick question for people to answer. Are you a bigger wanker for being up front and ambitious about wanting to leave and doing your best to go to the best team possible ala Sissoko or on the other hand talking about wanting to stay and then leaving for the first shit Premier League team that come in ala Townsend?

I don't really dislike either fwiw

Sent from my VFD 700 using Tapatalk

The perfect ending to our summer business.

Would like to have seen more but 12 new additions, 18 moved on and a huge profit.

Time to allow these boys to gel and see what they can do, then reevaluate in January if a tweak or two is needed push on and win the division.

Not really arsed about anything else just want us to have a squad that work for each other like last time we were down here, togetherness between the lads was spot on.

?Hwtl

TransferMarkt have us at evens for sales/purchases before the Sissoko sale. Lots of money in the bank for January if Rafa gets the funds that he intimated he would have from player sales.

So much ridicule for Spurs which i feel is a little harsh. Glad to see the back of him, didnt perform enough (+ a load of reason others have mentioned) etc etc. While he won't elevate spuds to the league title, signing him will mean they are competitive in more competitions this year. He's a solid addition to their squad and even if he doesn't start week in week out for them he does have a bit of quality from time to time. 30million is the going rate for that so i think its a good deal all round. Not every transfer can be compared to Kante who was clearly undervalued (in the current market) at 30million this summer. I think generally in comparison to other transfers such as bolasie and ibe, sissoko for 30million is not far from his current market value. levy tried to call our bluff by waiting so late, so hes probably paid slightly over the odds than if he started to negotiate earlier in the summer. oh well, lets move on and get promoted!

Icing on the cake to a great window I  think. I'm not one of those Sissoko bashers, I genuinely believe he's proved well worth our tiny initial investment and was without doubt one of our better players (in a barren period) for the club. However we've moved on and in Diame we've got a similar player. 30 million is way beyond his worth, he's 27, which is still young but his problem is that his game is based on power and pace, with age he'll become less effective unless he adapts.

Honestly no bad feelings towards him, he was brought in at a time when we were looking to maximise profits rather than perform well on the football field, rom that perspective he's become a huge success. He also had to work with the likes of Pardew, Carver and McClaren during his time with us !! He got his CL move he sought so he's going to be a happy man tonight, so are our book keepers :) Need to invest this money though over the next two windows hopefully buying players for the tier above.

Great work this window, transformed the squad from a bunch of players who couldn't care less to a hungry group who should still be a class above what they are up against this year.

Never thought i'd say this, but well played Lee Charnley. He's done a Daniel Levy on Daniel Levy here. Great piece of business this.

The fee was quite relevant because this time we know Rafa will have it to spend when he wants to.

Lee Charnley. :lol:

I know, tell me about it. Some people just can't wait to stick their tongue up a different arsehole.

Mixed feelings. A massive fee for a decent (at best) player, but there's no saying where the money will go.

As many of us feared (Rafa included), Ashley's pulled his classic deadline day stunt. I know Sissoko hasn't played this season and we're in decent form, so some will say it's all OK. It might be if players stay fit, but I still think we could do with better cover in terms of creative players to minimise our risk. One injury to Ritchie and/or Gayle/Diame could leave us looking flat like we did against Huddersfield and Fulham. Let's just hope Atsu, Ritchie, Gouffran (and Aarons whenever he returns) can see us through to January.

As for Sissoko, I'm not sure he'll fit Spurs. He looks better bursting from deep into space, because it masks his poor ball control and awareness and few players can match him for his pace and power. France play counter so this suited him, and we were able to counter Spurs in that 5-1 win (he also did well against Norwich when we countered quickly), but Spurs press high up the pitch and it's often their full backs who bomb on. It looks a panic signing but they've sold Chadli and he's better than Son, so he may be a weapon off the bench if he can't hold down a first team place. Perhaps they simply feel he could be a big game player for them.

Mixed feelings. A massive fee for a decent (at best) player, but there's no saying where the money will go.

As many of us feared (Rafa included), Ashley's pulled his classic deadline day stunt. I know Sissoko hasn't played this season and we're in decent form, so some will say it's all OK. It might be if players stay fit, but I still think we could do with better cover in terms of creative players to minimise our risk. One injury to Ritchie and/or Gayle/Diame could leave us looking flat like we did against Huddersfield and Fulham. Let's just hope Atsu, Ritchie, Gouffran (and Aarons whenever he returns) can see us through to January.

:thup:

Rafa made sure he got Ashley's word that he'd reinvest money from player sales back into the team before he agreed to stay, and got it in writing too along with other guarentees so he cant make another of his sly deceitful moves, so I'd be happy the £30 will go into signing another few players. The fact we were breaking even before the big money sale is evidence that Ashley is sticking to his word, all that was needed was a clever man who knows how to get him to do that.

He may well do better in a better team, but like Wijnaldum, the suspicion is that our managers and other players were not the only limiting factors on what he achieved for us.

He has good physical attributes and can rampage when the play gets stretched, but isn't going to be banging them in from outside the box like Yaya Toure, the league's ultimate rampager in recent years. There is a huge gulf in class between them.

Sissoko 30m

Wijnaldum 25m

Janmaat 7m

Townsend 11?m

Add in the parachute payment and relegation may have cost us very little. Add on the luck we had in getting and keeping Benitez and this could be the smoothest relegation any team has ever had.