Moussa Sissoko

Skeletor
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

But surely every player wants to play in the Champions League in the future of their career? He's obviously thick in that he keeps giving the interviews but I don't really see anything bad in them

Aye, it's not what he's saying that's the issue though, it's the fact he's been nowhere good enough to get in a Champions League team.

He can say that if he wants when he is consistently performing.

Aye, it's not what he's saying that's the issue though, it's the fact he's been nowhere good enough to get in a Champions League team.

Pretty sure he'd be good enough for Malmo tbh

Pretty sure he'd be good enough for Malmo tbh

[emoji38]piss off

I think up until around Christmas him, Perez and Wijnaldum were all comfortably our best performers, since then though everyone has been really really bad, it makes picking our best player a bit of a thankless task tbh.

My vote goes to Armstrong tbh.

I'm one of his biggest critics.  But since Rafa has come in, he has always worked his arse off and there has been a definite change in attitude, IMO.  Unfortunately, it has also coincided with him playing left wing, where he is absolutely useless.  If the last two games are anything to go by.  He's back to playing well in a more central role and he is still working hard. 

The change in attitude is obviously a major factor, but we need rememeber he was a DM at Toulouse where he gained international recognition and Deschamps was pissing himself laughing when he found out Pardew was playing him as an AM.

He's totally shirked his defensive responsibilities when playing in advanced positions, but I think playing him as a CM to implement his physical presence and tackle and transport the ball is where he's best suited.

Edit: Top players (whether you categorise Sissoko in that bracket or not, in terms of ability is one of our best) are rarely going to play for managers they don't respect when they've got eyes on their next move. Jokers like Pardew, Carver and McClaren were never going to be able to get the best out of him long term. Maybe Rafa can.

He doesn't play as a DM for France.  Struggle to believe he was ever a DM tbh.

He was a DM for Toulouse and by his own admission he modelled his game based on the style of Vieira.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1512720-newcastle-signing-moussa-sissoko-is-a-superstar-in-the-making

During the Frenchman's time at Toulouse in Ligue 1, Sissoko featured as a defensive midfielder, generally appearing as an anchor in a five-man midfield.

I can't say if he plays DM or CM for France or anything, but I recall Deschamps being amused when he found out Pardew was playing him as an AM and told him not to expect to play for France in that position.

Odd article because he was there prior but definitely was moved more advanced than Etienne Capoue who played the holding role in the 4-5-1 (4-1-4-1) formation they ran and played next to Didot. Essentially always seemed suited to be played next to a technical and passing CM partner (Didot/Cabaye) and in front of a holding tackler (Capoue/Tiote).

Players do often change their positions like, just because he started getting recognition as a dm doesn't mean that's necessarily always the best place to play him.

Fuck knows what his best position is, I thought he was best suited to right wing because I didn't think he had the touch or passing for cm or the same and finishing for am, but he has had his moments there and was good the other night.

It makes a refreshing change to be able to just say 'I trust the manager's judgement' and not get frustrated every time a teamsheet comes out.

• 3 weeks later...

He doesn't play as a DM for France.  Struggle to believe he was ever a DM tbh.

He was a DM for Toulouse and by his own admission he modelled his game based on the style of Vieira.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1512720-newcastle-signing-moussa-sissoko-is-a-superstar-in-the-making

During the Frenchman's time at Toulouse in Ligue 1, Sissoko featured as a defensive midfielder, generally appearing as an anchor in a five-man midfield.

I can't say if he plays DM or CM for France or anything, but I recall Deschamps being amused when he found out Pardew was playing him as an AM and told him not to expect to play for France in that position.

The idea of him playing DM is far funnier, given how atrocious he is defensively at the best of times.

I think there's an outside chance he could stay. Seems to be enjoying it since Rafa joined but more importantly I can't see anyone decent wanting to buy him. Also no international tournaments next summer to worry about

If anyone was watching that game in isolation, we'd get about £30 million for him. Unfortunately there's 3 years of apathy to counteract it, so he'll only fetch about £7m.

It's easy to play well when the other team isn't trying. Nobody good will want him

There'll be plenty of takers, maybe not CL clubs, but he'll get a decent move I reckon. He's pretty well rated outside Newcastle.