Moussa Sissoko

Skeletor
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

And the fact that it's being used not to say that he's incredible, just that he's (quite clearly, or so I would have thought) that he's neither "s***" nor a "nothing player", both of which are nonsense.

He has power and the physical presence but his technique lets him down too many times. 

Totally agree he has the attributes but his touch and insight let him down too many times.

Guest firetotheworks

The 77 chances won't all be clear-cut passes, crosses and lay-offs either, man.  :lol:

If there's a scramble in the box from a corner, he sticks a foot out and indadvertedly tees up someone for a shot, that'll count. Not sure how it's that hard to fathom he created 77 chances last season.

As I said lies, damn lies and statisticsl

Yeah, you've said. Saying that means nothing though. It's just a phrase.

I'm not a big advocate of stats before using your gut, but that link quite clearly shows that he got 6 assists last season, created 77 chances and so on if you look at the key. It's there for a reason. If you think Sissoko's s***, fair enough, but the stats are there to read into yourself.

A s I said before lies, damn lies and statistics which can be twisted and presented in many ways - I know he didn't create 77 goal scoring chances last season that's for sure.

Well, you don't. Nor do I. If you actually looked at that list, you'd see that it showed more than just '77 created chances' as in the 6 assists that he had.

So it's 83 now lol - I totally give up - you keep believing that and see this season when all those chances take us to the Champions League cos with stats like that he should be playing for a team in the Champions League.

....What? The assist are part of the 77 chances man. :lol: Do you know how stats work?

You said more than just 77 chances as in the 6 assists he had - so if you mention he had more and then quoted 6 assists then that makes 83 - maybe if you said included within those 77 chances were 6 assists I would of understood you better. As I said lies, damn lies and statistics, I know what I saw on the pitch last season. Pointless arguing lets just see how many goal chances and goals he scores this season. He is not a rubbish player but he certainly is'nt anything great either like some on here think.

I think you need to read the post again, it's not suggesting 77 + 6 assists, rather it's saying there were 6 assists within the 77 chances so they were not just chances BUT resulted in goals hence the "more than just"

The 77 chances won't all be clear-cut passes, crosses and lay-offs either, man.  :lol:

If there's a scramble in the box from a corner, he sticks a foot out and indadvertedly tees up someone for a shot, that'll count. Not sure how it's that hard to fathom he created 77 chances last season.

Which is totally true - everything can be represented in totally different ways to give a different perspective.

I'm not a big advocate of stats before using your gut, but that link quite clearly shows that he got 6 assists last season, created 77 chances and so on if you look at the key. It's there for a reason. If you think Sissoko's s***, fair enough, but the stats are there to read into yourself.

A s I said before lies, damn lies and statistics which can be twisted and presented in many ways - I know he didn't create 77 goal scoring chances last season that's for sure.

Well, you don't. Nor do I. If you actually looked at that list, you'd see that it showed more than just '77 created chances' as in the 6 assists that he had.

So it's 83 now lol - I totally give up - you keep believing that and see this season when all those chances take us to the Champions League cos with stats like that he should be playing for a team in the Champions League.

....What? The assist are part of the 77 chances man. :lol: Do you know how stats work?

You said more than just 77 chances as in the 6 assists he had - so if you mention he had more and then quoted 6 assists then that makes 83 - maybe if you said included within those 77 chances were 6 assists I would of understood you better. As I said lies, damn lies and statistics, I know what I saw on the pitch last season. Pointless arguing lets just see how many goal chances and goals he scores this season. He is not a rubbish player but he certainly is'nt anything great either like some on here think.

I think you need to read the post again, it's not suggesting 77 + 6 assists, rather it's saying there were 6 assists within the 77 chances so they were not just chances BUT resulted in goals hence the "more"

Proper English would be 77 chances, which also included 6 assists - so no I don't need to read it again.

Guest firetotheworks

Which is totally true - everything can be represented in totally different ways to give a different perspective.

Represent Messi's stats from 12-13 from the perspective of someone that thinks he's crap.

I'm much more for gut reaction over stats, but denying that the stats are even true is a bit daft like.

He creates chances by virtue of carrying the ball forward, something that only Ben Arfa and seemingly Cabella can do with any real effect. He isn't going to pivot on the ball and thread an inch perfect pass through like Mesut Ozil, but he uses what he has to absolutely power forward into advanced positions and we're undoubtadly better off for it. Hense why I find him exciting and how I find it utterly baffling that people would actually want to knock the bloke.

Without him Cabella gets kicked from pillar to post and Jack 'played well' Colback is left threading the ball about 'neatly' creating the square root of fuck all.

I think you need to read the post again, it's not suggesting 77 + 6 assists, rather it's saying there were 6 assists within the 77 chances so they were not just chances BUT resulted in goals hence the "more"

Proper English would be 77 chances, which also included 6 assists - so no I don't need to read it again.

I understood it so I think his use of English was fine

Represent Messi's stats from 12-13 from the perspective of someone that thinks he's crap.

I'm much more for gut reaction over stats, but denying that the stats are even true is a bit daft like.

What I'm saying is the noway did he create 77 goal scoring chances last year. By you using one set of stats, still won't convince what I have seen with my own eyes watching every game. Some people are fans of him and some people are not and it's pointless arguing over one set of stats which can be interpreted in different ways. I agree go with you're gut feelings and I hope to god I'm eating humble pie at te end of this season - we will see.

Guest Roger Kint

He creates chances by virtue of carrying the ball forward, something that only Ben Arfa and seemingly Cabella can do with any real effect. He isn't going to pivot on the ball and thread an inch perfect pass through like Mesut Ozil, but he uses what he has to absolutely power forward into advanced positions and we're undoubtadly better off for it. Hense why I find him exciting and how I find it utterly baffling that people would actually want to knock the bloke.

Without him Cabella gets kicked from pillar to post and Jack 'played well' Colback is left threading the ball about 'neatly' creating the square root of fuck all.

:thup:

I understood it so I think his use of English was fine

I didn't so obviously it wasn't lol - but actually who gives a fuck, sick of arguing with fellow supporters to be honest.

Anyhow I like Sissoko, he is far from perfect BUT offers us things nobody else does, a better manager and players with good movement around him would ensure we can get the best out of him

You may well be right and I hope we get to see if that's true very very soon.

:thup: He worries opposition teams too which is novel amongst our squad.

Honestly I like to pride myself on being a part of one of the more knowledgeable football forums about newcastle, but the criticism of obviously intelligent footballers being referred  to as headless chickens makes me cringe.

Eh, you'd be surprised?  I'm not on about GCSEs and that. :lol:

He can and does affect games but he's not a particularly intelligent footballer.

He is though. He moves into good spaces, he's good at simple one-two's, he gets into goal scoring positions and when he plays on the wing he usually puts in a decent cross. What makes you think he's not an intelligent footballer?

He can and does affect games but he's not a particularly intelligent footballer.

He is though. He moves into good spaces, he's good at simple one-two's, he gets into goal scoring positions and when he plays on the wing he usually puts in a decent cross. What makes you think he's not an intelligent footballer?

Decision making, mainly.

Decision making, mainly.

Decision making is easier when you have time in your own half passing sideways or backwards.

What did we think of his performance?

I thought he played well - gave some nice touches….nearly got an assist with Cabella's chance, and a goal.  He's the one player in the middle of the park who drives the ball forward.  Season is early and if he sticks to the middle of the park he is going get better once the team settles in.

What did we think of his performance?

I thought he played well - gave some nice touches….nearly got an assist with Cabella's chance, and a goal.  He's the one player in the middle of the park who drives the ball forward.  Season is early and if he sticks to the middle of the park he is going get better once the team settles in.

:thup: his problems come the closer he gets to goal. He's just not an attacking midfielder.

Decision making, mainly.

Decision making is easier when you have time in your own half passing sideways or backwards.

:lol: get the fuck out of here. There's a semblance of truth to that, but there's no way it's a legitimate defence of Sissoko's piss-poor decision making. He's supposed to be good at it, and he isn't.