Moussa Sissoko

Skeletor
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Should be mentioned it's TT who is saying all this utter shite mind, didn't rate MYM who now starts for fucking Roma.

Going to be class when he goes and we are stuck with Tiote and Colback diving into relegation while Sissoko is in the CL.

Even MYM agreed he was shite here. Much better suited in the slower paced boring as fuck league he's in. Still I'd have him over any of our CBs, but Colo's death grip on the club saw him off.

Sissoko for us is a very good player, he's like andy Carroll using his physical presence to unsettle defences. Like carroll in a top team hell stick out like a sore thumb, eventually sold to somewhere more his level.

Aye barely playing, being dropped even if you play well then being put out of position, surprising he didn't shine like.  Must because of the different leagues and not the fact Roma played him regularly.

BTW I really hope you're joking with this Sissoko vs Colback thing because otherwise :mackems:

I agree. He was played all over the shop as pardew didn't want to upset colo. He was weak in the air, just like colo and you simply couldn't have them playing side by side. It's a massive shame colo didn't fuck off, things would be very different.

You just got through saying he was pissed about, played out of position and basically not allowed to adapt to the league..

He was, but he never settled here, in the league and carries some of the blame. I've said all along its a dumb move, and I'd have him over all of them, but he wasn't the second coming some have him billed as. He didn't play well for big periods, his best run came when he was at CB as you'd expect, but he was still making mistakes and nowhere near as comfortable in the league like he is in Italy where he's got loads more time. He even said so himself. He couldn't cope with the physicality of the league, I'd personally never want to here that from a CB. Given time though he'd have come good, really good, but that ship has sailed now.

Btw I said at the time us not signing Douglas really set the wheels in motion as that would have been a perfect partner for him in this league. Cheers JFK.

This all came about as sissoko apparently scores and assists, his stats prove otherwise, he's very average and why I picked average players to show that against. I like sissoko, but if wild offers come in it wouldn't take too much to replace him, not like cabaye or even Remy. Those are players will will find hard to attract.

You just got through saying he was pissed about, played out of position and basically not allowed to adapt to the league..

He was, but he never settled here, in the league and carries some of the blame. I've said all along its a dumb move, and I'd have him over all of them, but he wasn't the second coming some have him billed as. He didn't play well for big periods, his best run came when he was at CB as you'd expect, but he was still making mistakes and nowhere near as comfortable in the league like he is in Italy where he's got loads more time. He even said so himself. He couldn't cope with the physicality of the league, I'd personally never want to here that from a CB. Given time though he'd have come good, really good, but that ship has sailed now.

Btw I said at the time us not signing Douglas really set the wheels in motion as that would have been a perfect partner for him in this league. Cheers JFK.

This all came about as sissoko apparently scores and assists, his stats prove otherwise, he's very average and why I picked average players to show that against. I like sissoko, but if wild offers come in it wouldn't take too much to replace him, not like cabaye or even Remy. Those are players will will find hard to attract.

Just don't understand why you compared his passing stats here to any other player if you freely admit he was never given the chance to adapt (not sure what big periods he had the chance to play well in, how long was his longest run of games?).

Scoring/assisting certainly isn't Sissoko's strong point, he does chip in with goals but its not what he does best and its not all their is to compare players.  What Sissoko does is drive us forward, take players on and create space for other players.  He's not an average player at all and is much better than play is safe Colback.  You say it'll be easy to replace him if a big offer comes in simply because he doesn't score lots of goals, but the fact is at the best of times our team has no movement and without him we'd be significantly more static, we could easily turn into a Sunderland like outfit without his driving runs from midfield.

Just don't understand why you compared his passing stats here to any other player if you freely admit he was never given the chance to adapt, seems pointless.

Scoring/assisting certainly isn't Sissoko's strong point, he does chip in with goals but its not what he does best and its not all their is to compare players.  What Sissoko does is drive us forward, take players on and create space for other players.  He's not an average player at all and is much better than play is safe Colback.

Again you need to see where it came from. Apparently I wasn't allowed to use stats to prove sissoko wasn't all that in goals and assists, but it was ok in another thread to use a totally meaningless stat to prove how amazing MYM is.

It's not his strong point, which is what I was saying, glad you agree. He's a one trick pony, just like carroll using his physical presence to bully and unsettle defences. It's good for us, but for a top team it just won't do. You need more to get in the first team and stay there, he hasn't got it. If he gets his move he'll enjoy the bench before moving on to a club more suitable for his talents. See demba Ba.

Sissoko is wanted by CL clubs meanwhile Sunderland are no worse off without Jack fucking Colback.

Sissoko wants to join CL clubs meanwhile none have gone anywhere near him.

Maybe this is a decoy tactic by PSG and they will switch to a £20m bid for Colback instead?

Just don't understand why you compared his passing stats here to any other player if you freely admit he was never given the chance to adapt, seems pointless.

Scoring/assisting certainly isn't Sissoko's strong point, he does chip in with goals but its not what he does best and its not all their is to compare players.  What Sissoko does is drive us forward, take players on and create space for other players.  He's not an average player at all and is much better than play is safe Colback.

Again you need to see where it came from. Apparently I wasn't allowed to use stats to prove sissoko wasn't all that in goals and assists, but it was ok in another thread to use a totally meaningless stat to prove how amazing MYM is.

It's not his strong point, which is what I was saying, glad you agree. He's a one trick pony, just like carroll using his physical presence to bully and unsettle defences. It's good for us, but for a top team it just won't do. You need more to get in the first team and stay there, he hasn't got it.

While I can agree that I don't think for instance PSG would be looking at him we'd be absolutely turgid without him considering our manager has absolutely no ideas.  Its left to the likes of him to give us something different.  I just think losing him for any money right now would be insane.

Why not flog shite like Tiote?

Because nobody wants to buy him. Same with the likes of Coloccini and Williamson. They've been here so long because any manager worth his salt looking at them will identify the blatant weaknesses.

Well I'm no expert on PSG but I thought they were a pretty good Footballing side and while Sissoko has some very good attributes intelligence as a Footballer isn't really one of them.  Also would have thought they'd be looking at even higher profile names.  Could be totally wrong on PSG and what they're looking for.  Have their even been many firm reports that they're really after him?

It's not his strong point, which is what I was saying, glad you agree. He's a one trick pony, just like carroll using his physical presence to bully and unsettle defences. It's good for us, but for a top team it just won't do. You need more to get in the first team and stay there, he hasn't got it.

While I can agree that I don't think for instance PSG would be looking at him we'd be absolutely turgid without him considering our manager has absolutely no ideas.  Its left to the likes of him to give us something different.  I just think losing him for any money right now would be insane.

Agreed but where do you stop? whats best for the club is pretty much irrelevant in its current state. Some might argue weakening the playing squad is a good thing. Plenty have said they'd see us go down to see ashley out of pocket or out the club, or even so Charver doesn't get the gig full time.

All I know is £20m+ for Sissoko is mental money for a player with two goals and one assist all season, especially a player who thinks it's ok to try and talk himself in to a bigger club at every opportunity.

Well I'm no expert on PSG but I thought they were a pretty good Footballing side and while Sissoko has some very good attributes intelligence as a Football isn't really one of them.  Also would have thought they'd be looking at even higher profile names.  Could be totally wrong on PSG and what they're looking for.  Have their even been many firm reports that they're really after him?

The closest it's come so far is in Sissoko's head.

Sissoko is a good player, often deployed as a driving force with pace and speed. This season he seems to have become more noticeable, however 2 goals and 1 assist is not great for a midfielder I didn't realise that was his contribution.

I'm not really surprised that he will talk himself up to other teams because from the very top at Newcastle we are looking to sell players at their premium. The days of someone signing for us (under this management) because they want to win trophies, love the area or the club are gone. The statement by Charnley and appointment of Carver pretty much confirms that we are happy to settle for a comfortable finish in the Premier League and nothing in the cup competitions. I can't really blame Moussa because we are a good stepping stone club once you've hit a good level of form to a bigger team. Cabaye, Remy and Debuchy in recent times have moved on to a bigger team because I guess we are a way to becoming noticed. I'd guess a bid of around £12m+ may get him as we paid around £1.8m when he signed and thats a decent profit margin win...

It's sad and returning from Brazil to see the Southampton game was painful. The crowd had nothing about them and a large part of that is down to the stewardship of the club. I was at the game with a director from a Brazilian club and was telling him that Sissoko was probably our best player and that he should support Newcastle as his English team...basically ruined his life.

Well I'm no expert on PSG but I thought they were a pretty good Footballing side and while Sissoko has some very good attributes intelligence as a Football isn't really one of them.  Also would have thought they'd be looking at even higher profile names.  Could be totally wrong on PSG and what they're looking for.  Have their even been many firm reports that they're really after him?

I actually think Jack Colback is one of our most intelligent footballers given time and space, it's just a shame he looks like he's got the lungs of a middle aged 40 a day smoker. 

Agreed but where do you stop? whats best for the club is pretty much irrelevant in its current state. Some might argue weakening the playing squad is a good thing. Plenty have said they'd see us go down to see ashley out of pocket or out the club, or even so Charver doesn't get the gig full time.

All I know is £20m+ for Sissoko is mental money for a player with two goals and one assist all season, especially a player who thinks it's ok to try and talk himself in to a bigger club at every opportunity.

Is Sissoko really worth £20m?, nah but its not worth it to us for him to leave even for that, especially this window.  Personally no I don't want us to be relegated, don't think it will help, wanting us to lose ended for me the day Pardew left.  If Carver is given the job full time maybe it'll start again.  But right now I'll be hoping for safety this season and a half decent manager next, hope is all we have but to be honest its more than I ever had with Pardew here.

Of course a bid of somewhere near £20m and they'll sell no matter how stupid a move.  Doubt they'd sell for too much less though and luckily for us I doubt anyone will offer anywhere near that.

I think he is a good player and very important to us right now.  Technically, he is very limited though.  His touch is like a brick wall more often than not and he just attempts to run through players most of the time.

I can see him getting a good move and then struggling to actually make an impact or get regular playing time.  Which has happened to quite a few players who have left us for bigger and better things.  Oh and for more money of course.

I do think we'll struggle without him though.  As it's not like we have many players capable of creating chances on a regular basis and he offers a lot getting forward from midfield. 

I actually think Jack Colback is one of our most intelligent footballers given time and space, it's just a shame he looks like he's got the lungs of a middle aged 40 a day smoker.

Disagree on all levels but especially the last. It's not his lungs that are the problem. He's got a very poor build for a B2B CM. It looks so hard for his little body to get across the pitch. I think the slight Modric body type is probably better at CM than Colback's. Cabaye suffered from the same issue as Colback but to a far less degree.

Disagree on all levels but especially the last. It's not his lungs that are the problem. He's got a very poor build for a B2B CM. It looks so hard for his little body to get across the pitch. I think the slight Modric body type is probably better at CM than Colback's. Cabaye suffered from the same issue as Colback but to a far less degree.

I was just taking the piss, but yeah I have made the same point about body build wrt Colback and Cabaye, same really holds true for Anita too but he is quick so can make up for it to some extent.