Moussa Sissoko

Skeletor
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It wouldn't surprise me if we were responsible for engineering the rumours to call out interested parties, you know we're not gonna buy until we sell.

Surely it would have come from the Daily Mirror or 'Sky Sources' if that was the case, rather than L'Equipe? ???

Guest axel

Am i the only one that doesn't get the hate for this guy? He's been here for several years now and has seen how badly the club is run. Of course he wants out if he has some ambition.

Am i the only one that doesn't get the hate for this guy? He's been here for several years now and has seen how badly the club is run. Of course he wants out if he has some ambition.

I agree with you

I agree with you

I still don't get the majority reaction to Enrique leaving either, he was fantastic for us and when it was apparent we weren't going anywhere he wanted to leave. Would people prefer players that don't want to leave and aren't ambitious? Like a team full of Eddie McGoldricks?

No, I think he's one of our better players, and his price tag when he's sold will reflect that.

well, i would argue that unlike enrique or cabaye this lad hasn't really done enough to justify wanting his move...the point of these people coming to us is to perform and get their big money chance, he can't even be arsed to perform* for us most weeks but seems to want the payoff without the work

*just my take on it, i'm one of the first people to forgive players in our squad due to the woeful coaching they've had (among other things) but sissoko is the one player who doesn't really get a pass for me because his game is about athleticism and drive etc. which at times he seems barely capable of doing

I don't blame a player for wanting a move to a club in the CL, or one the size of Liverpool. I do get annoyed though when players make public statements about being prepared to leave if the right offer comes along etc etc. They are under contract and making a public show of wanting to go is disrespectful and unnecessary. French players seem particularly prone to this.

well, i would argue that unlike enrique or cabaye this lad hasn't really done enough to justify wanting his move...the point of these people coming to us is to perform and get their big money chance, he can't even be arsed to perform* for us most weeks but seems to want the payoff without the work

*just my take on it, i'm one of the first people to forgive players in our squad due to the woeful coaching they've had (among other things) but sissoko is the one player who doesn't really get a pass for me because his game is about athleticism and drive etc. which at times he seems barely capable of doing

Well if he doesn't get a move then I'll be happy to see him stay here. I disagree that he doesn't show drive or athleticism, he's our only midfielder who makes forward runs which is why he ends up dribbling past one player too many while Jack Colback stands back and watches. You could argue he lacks love for the club but that's just the game these days. If we want players who bleed black and white we should have kept Ryan Taylor and played him in midfield. Oh yeah, we tried that though didn't we?

Well if he doesn't get a move then I'll be happy to see him stay here. I disagree that he doesn't show drive or athleticism, he's our only midfielder who makes forward runs which is why he ends up dribbling past one player too many while Jack Colback stands back and watches. You could argue he lacks love for the club but that's just the game these days. If we want players who bleed black and white we should have kept Ryan Taylor and played him in midfield. Oh yeah, we tried that though didn't we?

No, I mean pretty much the only thing he brings to the table is drive and athleticism but how often does he consistently dominate the way he should? That's what I was getting at, at least Cabs had a class 6 months, can't remember Sissoko having a class 6 game period personally.

No, I mean pretty much the only thing he brings to the table is drive and athleticism but how often does he consistently dominate the way he should? That's what I was getting at, at least Cabs had a class 6 months, can't remember Sissoko having a class 6 game period personally.

I have no problem with selling him if we get someone better. At the moment we don't so he's not really one of the problem areas for me. Who out of our current squad would you start instead? Centre forward, centre back and left wing are all bigger priorities IMO.

I wouldn't mind selling him if it meant we replaced him and got all the other things we needed, but seeing as that isn't going to happen.....

:lol: Well, half of it won't happen.

We're gonna be bloody lucky to have the same size squad as last season at this rate never mind improving. There's gonna be some shitty knickers come Christmas.

Indifferent to Sissoko leaving.  If he goes so be it, if he stays it will be interesting to see what McClaren does with him.

But as our supposedly "star" player, he needs to be replaced with quality rather than a cheap option.  Not totally convinced that will happen.

It is very likely De Jong wll play off of the striker.

Let's imagine that McClaren is familiar with Anita and rates him, and will look to use him how Swansea used Brittain back in the day, so he will play that deep role.

So Sissoko would then be more of the box to box midfielder. Now if he goes and we replace him with someone like Wijnaldum in that role then I'm cool with that.

From what I've seen he's a lot more versatile, technical and tactically astute.

He was bought to be sold. It's just a matter of time before he's moved on and we cash him in.

The emotional attachment to players should have ended quite some time ago, there's no point. Players are no different to a consignment of Lonsdale trackie bottoms - bought cheaply and sold for profit. Forget your hero-worship, we buy on the cheap and sell to make as much profit as we can. This is where we are.