Moussa Sissoko

Skeletor
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Think he gets on very well with Rafa, probably just doesn't want to waste a year of his career in the Championship. I wouldn't blame any of our players for leaving if they had offers from Premier League clubs

Even though most of them have been largely responsible for our relegation?

Yeah, my fucking heart is bleeding for them.

We don't need him to get promoted. He doesn't want to be here anymore, and other clubs apparently want to pay an inflated price for him, making this more likely than not. Investing his current market value into the squad would increase our longer-term prospects of promotion with players who actually want to be here and fight for promotion. We just need to get the highest price we can for him.

It might as well have been. A player cannot just hit the weights and transform into a midfield powerhouse [emoji38]

Don't know why anyone bothers so. If you can't be a midfield powerhouse you might as well be weak as fuck. There is literally nothing inbetween those two points

Here man you're the one who claims he doesn't care because he's fairly lightweight :lol:

It's just the way he's built and he isn't exactly in bad shape in any case.

So there is nothing he could possibly do to get stronger? :lol:

Well I mean he could and I assume does work on his strengh like.  It's a trade off though, you get bulkier and you potentially lose pace and agility.

It's not just strengh that's his problem anyway, he's not a tenatious player like Kante (as the obvious example) and you cannot really teach that. He's never going to be combative in midfield.

Well I mean he could and I assume does work on his strengh like.  It's a trade off though, you get bulkier and you potentially lose pace and agility.

It's not just strengh that's his problem anyway, he's not a tenatious player like Kante (as the obvious example) and you cannot really teach that. He's never going to be combative in midfield.

Well when you're managing to look as bad as Jack Colback in midfield a lot of the time I think its worth losing a bit of pace to add a bit to the weakest part of your game for your position

Well when you're managing to look as bad as Jack Colback in midfield a lot of the time I think its worth losing a bit of pace to add a bit to the weakest part of your game for your position

I mean I'm not coaching the guy, I don't know exactly how it works but I think if the club wanted him to bulk up they'd give him a diet and training regime which he'd follow.

I mean I'm not coaching the guy, I don't know exactly how it works but I think if the club wanted him to bulk up they'd give him a diet and training regime which he'd follow.

Aye and I wouldn't be surprised if Rafa's done that, or else maybe he sees him only as a full back now. Couldn't imagine any of the previous managers he's had here going into that kind of detail so he would've had to have taken the responsibility himself

Going off on a bit of a tangent here but anyway I'll just go along with it. If Anita cared so much he should be working on his overall strength for the last three years or so since he joined the club, maybe if he did he wouldn't get so utterly dominated when he plays in his preferred position of midfield.

Lascelles is fair enough because he's in brilliant shape really and hasn't made many errors so far. As for Mitrovic, I've been a bit hard on him in the past at times and think he should do well this season but if he cared as much as people say he does he should have been working on his speed and fitness all last season so we wouldn't have to resort to playing Cisse instead of him in order to close defenders down effectively

Didn't Mitro do a load extra sessions with that striker coach?  Working on agility, finishing, timing of his runs etc.  It's not like he didn't care on the pitch, like some. 

Is he suddenly going to look like a different type of striker and develop speed, because he does a bit of sprint training?  The same as Anita, genetics mean they're not going to turn into a speedster or become a really strong, combative midfielder. 

As Hanz mentioned with Anita, if he bulked up, he'd lose that bit of quickness and agility he has, which is a decent part of his game.  He would arguably look even worse, as he wouldn't be able to press as effectively.  Which is arguably one of his better areas (I don't rate him as a midfielder, TBH).  As for Mitro, should he be losing a load of weight, getting a tiny bit faster and allegedly fitter?  He looked in good shape to me and I didn't think he looked unfit, cardio wise?  The trade off would be we'd lose that physical presence up top. 

I don't really know how you reach these conclusions, either.  Do we know what specific training regime both were on?

Feel the pain of those continuing to defend this bloke. Got myself into a similar hole when representing Pardew.

The feeling of utter relief when you accept Sissoko is a deluded, atrocious fuck will be sweet.

When we get £20m+ for him you'll have been wrong on both Pardew and Sissoko. But keep piping up, the world needs more clueless pundits convinced they are right even when the truth is right in their face.  O0

Feel the pain of those continuing to defend this bloke. Got myself into a similar hole when representing Pardew.

The feeling of utter relief when you accept Sissoko is a deluded, atrocious fuck will be sweet.

When we get £20m+ for him you'll have been wrong on both Pardew and Sissoko. But keep piping up, the world needs more clueless pundits convinced they are right even when the truth is right in their face.  O0

Bizarre statement, what has a fee got to do with anything? We got £35m for Carroll years ago mate, not to mention the fact that it isn't Sissoko's ability I have issue with.

:lol: regarding triggs previous page posts, you want Mitro to put on some ankle weights or do sprints with a Jeep Wrangler to get quicker? How exactly do you expect him to go from his current speed to Sissoko's pace? Obviously over exaggerating here. I couldn't let that one go. Bulking up is fair enough but even then there's a limit one can do that and maintain being a professional footballer.

[emoji38] regarding triggs previous page posts, you want Mitro to put on some ankle weights or do sprints with a Jeep Wrangler to get quicker? How exactly do you expect him to go from his current speed to Sissoko's pace? Obviously over exaggerating here. I couldn't let that one go. Bulking up is fair enough but even then there's a limit one can do that and maintain being a professional footballer.

I want him to be fitter. Lose a small bit of strength if you have to because we shouldn't have to rely on bringing back Cisse in order to press effectively. Diego Costa is a similar type body shape who can press effectively. I'm not looking for either player to totally change their body shape, just some changes that could make a big difference to their game