Moussa Sissoko

Skeletor
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

We're losing a player who wasn't playing for us, he's been available and clearly didn't want to play. Talking all summer about wanting to go.

Some people acting all high and mighty, going on like our very own Messi being sold is a travesty and anyone pleased is a "moron", "changing history" etc.

Nearly every game last season ended with us all frustrated at how little he contributed and how uninterested he looked. Claiming anything else is surely the history changing?

He didn't want to be here...we got a ridiculously over-inflated fee for him. Finding the humour in that doesn't make you a moron.

:thup: Get prepped for regular snobbery on any occasion Gouffran starts or points are dropped. The rest of us can get on with enjoying a successful campaign.

The rest of you would have flogged Sissoko and Wijnaldum for £10m then made excuses for Colback or Pardew. You know it, so do we.

No they/we wouldn't, stop making up arguments for people so you can continue to peddle your tale about expecting a huge fee for Sissoko, you've been doing it for ages :lol:

Maybe I was wrong then.

We're losing a player who wasn't playing for us, he's been available and clearly didn't want to play. Talking all summer about wanting to go.

Some people acting all high and mighty, going on like our very own Messi being sold is a travesty and anyone pleased is a "moron", "changing history" etc.

Nearly every game last season ended with us all frustrated at how little he contributed and how uninterested he looked. Claiming anything else is surely the history changing?

He didn't want to be here...we got a ridiculously over-inflated fee for him. Finding the humour in that doesn't make you a moron.

:thup: Get prepped for regular snobbery on any occasion Gouffran starts or points are dropped. The rest of us can get on with enjoying a successful campaign.

The rest of you would have flogged Sissoko and Wijnaldum for £10m then made excuses for Colback or Pardew. You know it, so do we.

No they/we wouldn't, stop making up arguments for people so you can continue to peddle your tale about expecting a huge fee for Sissoko, you've been doing it for ages :lol:

Maybe I was wrong then.

We get it man, you said something like "we should be getting more than £12m" for Sissoko ages ago when a few people made a daft comment about selling him for like £3m or something. You were right, they were wrong. We get it.

Can we move on now?

Must only be a small number of teams haven't broken their transfer record on relative s**** this summer? Money doesn't equal sense that's for sure.

The transfer record means fuck all in today's market with the massive inflation for prices. I fully believe we'll break our records with Rafa in charge and would have this summer had we stayed up in the PL.

What Sissoko does at Spurs doesn't f***ing matter anymore man. the fact is now we are worse off team and need to make sure we spend the money to replace him in the next 2 windows.

He's featured for zero minutes of our current campaign.

Getting £30m for him was a masterstroke.

Sissoko basically wasn't our player after the end of last season, and I'm sure everyone has been moving forward on that basis. Selling him doesn't change the players we needed or how good our incomings are. He was never going to play for us again.

I didn't dislike Sissoko half as much as most, and think he's a good player. One of our best in fact. I also don't begrudge him getting a move to an ambitious club in the Champions League like he wanted (professional footballer in 'massive ego' shocker!).

I'm also very impressed we've got £30m for him, don't think we'll miss him this season and am excited to see how the money will help RAFAEL BENITEZ continue to rebuild the club assuming we go straight back up to the Premier League. I thought he'd go today, for about £20m.

Which side of this ridiculous argument am I supposed to be on? :undecided:

Sky telling everyone how good he is by showing his FM stats compiled by our own researcher  :lol:

Can't believe they rely on a game for stats. Can't help but laugh everytime I see it  :lol:

I can almost understand it for players nobody has heard of, but the guy played a full season in the premier league :lol:

I didn't dislike Sissoko half as much as most, and think he's a good player. One of our best in fact. I also don't begrudge him getting a move to an ambitious club in the Champions League like he wanted (professional footballer in 'massive ego' shocker!).

I'm also very impressed we've got £30m for him, don't think we'll miss him this season and am excited to see how the money will help RAFAEL BENITEZ continue to rebuild the club assuming we go straight back up to the Premier League. I thought he'd go today, for about £20m.

I like this fence. Can I sit on it too? [emoji38]

I'll be pedantic like. He's an effective player not a good one haha! :thup:

Some folks do seem to want to find reasons to not enjoy the current situation, like. It rubs because it sometimes comes across as some kind of intellectual superiority/looking down on people for being positive. Simply put; we've spent a good wedge on recruiting what's needed to achieve the task at hand, whilst building foundations for the future and getting rid of deadwood. There's still progress to be made but who was truly expecting everything to be solved in one window?

We could've scrimped more. Far, far more.

Sky telling everyone how good he is by showing his FM stats compiled by our own researcher  :lol:

Can't believe they rely on a game for stats. Can't help but laugh everytime I see it  :lol:

It's when they compare players, it's embarrassing  :lol:

My beef with Sissoko was that he barely turned up - we all saw what he could do on his day but we never saw enough of it.

I'm also very impressed we've got £30m for him, don't think we'll miss him this season and am excited to see how the money will help RAFAEL BENITEZ continue to rebuild the club assuming we go straight back up to the Premier League.

This.

Deal done by the way.

I'mwitchyou Fred

on his day he could be an unstoppable player, sadly for whatever reason those days became rarer as time went on and he clearly had no interest in staying regardless of relegation. Personally I'm just glad the entire nonsense is done with, would have been nice to reinvest the money this window but might be better to save it for either emergency jan fund or (hopefully) a nice little booster to the fund if we get promoted where it would probably be better spent than now anyway.

He's unplayable on his day. I think he's a total cunt but I'd obviously rather have him in the side than not, the £30m just isn't exciting to me at all as I'm still not convinced it really matters, but whatever, I suppose we'll see some benefit from it in the future.

That been said we 'had' to sell him for that price and we've brought in good enough quality to get out of this league, a league lower than the one we were in last season which shouldn't really need repeating.

What Sissoko does at Spurs doesn't f***ing matter anymore man. the fact is now we are worse off team and need to make sure we spend the money to replace him in the next 2 windows.

He's featured for zero minutes of our current campaign.

Getting £30m for him was a masterstroke.

Have we won the league already? Must have missed that.

Spot on.

You've got until the post slammed window midnight deadline to decide. MAKE YOUR CHOICE :frantic:

:lol:

I absolutely agree that both sides can be held at the same time :thup:

i think he made it clear he wanted to go and that was that (like Ian says). I'm not convinced he would have stayed even if we'd avoided relegation ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Time to move on and accept we're in the Championship and have had to cut our cloth accordingly. Think Rafa's done a very good job and I'm actually glad this window is closed and looking forward to the season.

Yet we can't get on with it because there's an international weekend. Bloody stupid that the season stutters and limps on for a few weeks, season starts but everyones concerned about the transfer window, then it shuts and we have 10 days to wait.

The transfer window should before the season starts.

Maybe I was wrong then.

We get it man, you said something like "we should be getting more than £12m" for Sissoko ages ago when a few people made a daft comment about selling him for like £3m or something. You were right, they were wrong. We get it.

Can we move on now?

I said it far before HTT's daft comment.I've always rated Sissoko but am quite happy to see him leave at the price he should command.