Massadio Haïdara

Optimistic Nut

I really, really, really like this lad.

Ste mentioned he thought he would look nervous coming back and I thought exactly the same but there were no fears from him, was stuck in whenever was needed.

Also looks promising when attacking.

I think he is going to be absolutely brilliant tbh.

Ste mentioned he thought he would look nervous coming back and I thought exactly the same but there were no fears from him, was stuck in whenever was needed.

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/283/403/a46.jpg

:thup:

Very comfortable on the ball, good drive and attitude. Class act so far.

Was just coming on to say the same thing. Makes selection on Sunday interesting. Haidara or Jonas at LB?

Jonas was arguably MOM against Fulham so would be difficult to leave him out against the Mackems, but if he doesn't play full-back then he is going to end up taking the place of someone like Marveaux or Gouffran which I wouldn't like to see.

Fine player this lad, did really well tonight.

Along with the basic skills, looks to have a strong mentality as well as a real composure about him which I particularly like.

Picked up from where he left off. Regardless of Santon being fit or not I think he had more or less played his way into the team anyway, but tonight should have obviously sealed that.

Cracking little signing and Pardew seems delighted with him.

Guest JRandall96

Showed some great signs today i thought. Made some good runs down the line, he seems very quick too. I think he'll prove to be a great buy.  :lol:

Can cover Santon

I thought he was f***ing outstanding in the first half.

This.

Played like the whole McManaman incident didn't happen. Great to see him not affected mentally by that assault. Promising future ahead.

Showed some great signs today i thought. Made some good runs down the line, he seems very quick too. I think he'll prove to be a great buy.  :lol:

Can cover Santon

Will replace Santon.

this won't go down well but i'd start looking at santon as a winger or attacking forward next season, use 'sadio and jonas as LB's assuming jonas wasn't just fluking a couple of decent performances

would save us having to gamble on another winger imo, plus he's got defensive responsibility ingrained in him from his time at FB and can also cover if necessary

MOM for me. Thought he defended well and the few forays up the field always ended with a decent cross into the box. he has pace on him when he gets going as well.

If we had to judge Santon and Haiadara on current play, Santon would be on the bench...