Massadio Haïdara

Optimistic Nut

Not sure about legal action like. You start going down a dangerous path with that. Plus, have to remember some of our own players over time. Remember Guthrie breaking that lads leg, played for Hull I think.

i'd have no problem with our players getting sued if they done something like that (especially in guthries case as it wasn't even a tackle, that was ABH). however it's going to be difficuilt to get a court to decide on intent etc.

It really isn't. You don't actually have to prove intent per se for any criminal offence/negligence action against the person.

Legal action is almost certainly going to be Civil negligence or tort of trespass of the person dependent on intent. Its difficult to argue because there is an implied consent to harm of a certain kind in playing Sport. IIRC this has been extended to incidents which are beyond the rules. Whilst players know they run the risk of injury (i.e. they consent to being at risk of harm) the manner in which Haidara was injured is arguably so extreme he couldnt possibly have consented.

Consent in this context is a term of art. Its not saying alright kick me really hard in the knee and Im ok. Its more certain things happen in sport on the fringes of the rules and that as a player you are aware of this but carry on regardless.

Anyway I don't think the club is bad for considering Legal avenues. That dickhead has the means to pay damages to Haidara and the club for his treatment. This isn't about taking tackling out of the game its about not gambling with fellow pros careers. I'd liken it to claiming against the speeding driver who crashes into your vehicle.

Not sure about legal action like. You start going down a dangerous path with that. Plus, have to remember some of our own players over time. Remember Guthrie breaking that lads leg, played for Hull I think.

i'd have no problem with our players getting sued if they done something like that (especially in guthries case as it wasn't even a tackle, that was ABH). however it's going to be difficuilt to get a court to decide on intent etc.

It really isn't. You don't actually have to prove intent per se for any criminal offence/negligent action against the person.

Very true. GBH actually has two separate charges - Section 18 GBH with intent, Section 20 simply GBH.

doesnt savage realise thats why he never made it at manu, and starred instead for the likes of brum, leicester, blackburn and derby.

how the hell has he ended up with a column for the bbc?

Going in as hard as you could to protect yourself is the definition of a coward.

There is a massive difference between making sure you win the ball and needlessly hurting someone and it's very easy not to do what that tosser did yesterday.

Hate the fact his age seems to be brought up and how they are almost making him the victim. This tosser is older than the player HE HURT!

It really isn't. You don't actually have to prove intent per se for any criminal offence/negligence action against the person.

but if you couldn't prove intent then it opens up prosecutions for injuries where there was no intent, do we want to go down that route ?

Guest TheGreatBeardo

it doesn't matter if it's 50/50 or not if you don't even attempt to play the ball.

Yup. And in any case, surely it can only be defined as a 50/50 if both players are actually going for the ball.

The Guardian say:

The club are understood to be examining their legal options with a view to potentially taking action if Haïdara is sidelined for a significant period. The initial signs are, though, that the damage may not be as bad as first feared.

Probably just speculating, though.

It's horrible and reckless but it's part of the game unfortunately.

why ? I played football for nearly 30yrs and never once felt the need to tackle like that.

Me too (not quite the 30 year part). You have to be an out and out cunt to tackle like that and it's a choice.

but if you couldn't prove intent then it opens up prosecutions for injuries where there was no intent, do we want to go down that route ?

Yes. If serious injury can be reasonably foreseen by the offending player the tackle shouldn't be made.

Yes. If serious injury can be reasonably foreseen by the offending player the tackle shouldn't be made.

and thats what would be very difficuilt to prove in court imo.

Guest strongbow69

Imagine if it was a French player on a young promising Englishmen (lol)?

or haidara on rooney, holy shitstorm, hope the kids ok anyhow

"I spoke to Derek Llambias after the match and, I have to say, the Newcastle people who we dined with took it all on the chin and thought, 'yeah it is part and parcel of the game."

Whelan is a fucking clown

"I spoke to Derek Llambias after the match and, I have to say, the Newcastle people who we dined with took it all on the chin and thought, 'yeah it is part and parcel of the game."

Whelan is a fucking clown

More of a case of doing the pleasantries so it didn't end up in a brawl.

Whelan reminds me of another person in football, Blatter.

Both are old and senile, both are corrupt, both don't have clue about football, both only care about money.

Whelan is a f***ing clown

More of a case of doing the pleasantries so it didn't end up in a brawl.

Whelan reminds me of another person in football, Blatter.

Both are old and senile, both are corrupt, both don't have clue about football, both only care about money.

Yeah.. also ridiculously deluded.

Might have been posted before:

http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/newcastleunited/id/723?&cc=5739

Good read

:thup:

It is a good read but if you think of the bone cruncher's Anita put in on Thursday and Cabaye on Dembele I'm not sure we should be looking for sympathy. Granted, it's ridiculous that neither Haidara or ben Arfa even got a free kick but in a way that makes it worse - the ref has called a foul and thinks it's only a yellow - the same punishment for kicking the ball away, time wasting, taking your shirt off etc.

Like he says at the bottom, it applies to every team, not just Newcastle.

How was it a 50/50? :lol:

Exactly, Savage is talking shite as usual

The tackle itself has angered me BUT the reaction of others (former players, refs etc) is pissing me off

It was a horrible tackle, baffled why some are reluctant to admit that