Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa joins AS Roma then Lyon

KaKa

Captain of his club at a young age, all the confidence in the world, played CL football, and budding international - somehow we tipped everyone to get him and look at this. Fucking Pardew has a gem of a footballer who all he needed was ultimate confidence and support and a partner to handle things he wasn't good at.

Talk about the shit management and planning from this club.

Captain of his club at a young age, all the confidence in the world, played CL football, and budding international - somehow we tipped everyone to get him and look at this. Fucking Pardew has a gem of a footballer who all he needed was ultimate confidence and support and a partner to handle things he wasn't good at.

Couldn't agree more, it's literally madness. Even with Ben Arfa you could bring in his fitness record and dodgy past behaviour to a small extent, but Mapou has literally just been left to rot for no reason at all.

Guest bimpy474

Couldn't agree more, it's literally madness. Even with Ben Arfa you could bring in his fitness record and dodgy past behaviour to a small extent, but Mapou has literally just been left to rot for no reason at all.

What i found bizarre was playing three centre halfs, yet Saylor played ahead him, bad enough pushed to RB after playing well in the middle, but to be thought of worse than Saylor when clearly to anyone with a brain he's far better. Pardew is fucking off his nut.

Well, I know you disagree, but playing Colo and Mapou together is suicide and the manager doesn't have the balls to drop Colo, so there's the reason.

Captain of his club at a young age, all the confidence in the world, played CL football, and budding international - somehow we tipped everyone to get him and look at this. f***ing Pardew has a gem of a footballer who all he needed was ultimate confidence and support and a partner to handle things he wasn't good at.

Talk about the s*** management and planning from this club.

Well, I know you disagree, but playing Colo and Mapou together is suicide and the manager doesn't have the balls to drop Colo, so there's the reason.

Mapou with the right partner >>>>>> Colo with the right partner next season. IMO. Colo is FAR from the player he was and he'll not return to that "Colo of old" ever again.

Captain of his club at a young age, all the confidence in the world, played CL football, and budding international - somehow we tipped everyone to get him and look at this. f***ing Pardew has a gem of a footballer who all he needed was ultimate confidence and support and a partner to handle things he wasn't good at.

Talk about the s*** management and planning from this club.

:thup:

Probably the most excited I've been about a new player after doing some YT scouting.

I think I'd pick MYM and Williamson to start next season without new additions.

Yes, I've almost been sick typing that.

Was the best partnership we was last season imo.

Neesy?

Neesy?

:pardsgrin:

Mbiwa and someone like shawcross would have been tasty. I think not signing Douglas has had a huge effect on Mbiwa, without him there was no partnership good enough to trust and why colo was straight back in every time. Had both played together I think Williamson and Taylor would have been sold and colo eased out.

Neesy?

:lol: :notbad:

It's crackers how many people are writing off Colo mind.

As we don't really have wingers I'd be tempted to try 3 CHs as both full backs like to get forward albeit they probably won't be here next season! Bring in Lescott (prepared to take a 50% wage cut) to play with MYM and Colo with the king of curls sweeping up! Pardew's treatment of MYW is an absolute joke but no surprise as he's a complete clown!

It's crackers how many people are writing off Colo mind.

As we don't really have wingers I'd be tempted to try 3 CHs as both full backs like to get forward albeit they probably won't be here next season! Bring in Lescott (prepared to take a 50% wage cut) to play with MYM and Colo with the king of curls sweeping up! Pardew's treatment of MYW is an absolute joke but no surprise as he's a complete clown!

Colo has let himself down on the pitch and a shit load off it. Can't blame people looking towards the future rather than at the past, which where is Colo's best days are.

Id be well up for trying 3cbs but I'd be extremely worried how pardew would implement it. We've got the defenders for it. Debuchy/Santon would both be good wingbacks, colo sweeper and MYM and another physical player as ball winners. Would need a creative CM though and obvs striker reinforcement

It would be (under Pardew):

Taylor Willo Colo

Santon                              Haidara

Possibly Anita in at RB.

Sickening if we sell this lad, someone will get an absolute bargain and he'll go on to be a top centre half. Meanwhile, we'll be stuck with Steven Taylor heading the ball on the ground and celebrating with a puffed out chest, a fist pump and a kiss of the club crest.

On a side note, is Obertan expected to be sold too? Haven't seen much about him leaving, but have obviously seen lots about Marveaux and Hatem. Would be similar to the Mapou situation if we sell those two and keep Obertan.

The first thing we should do regarding our CBs is to sell Taylor asap. He's had 10 years to sort himself out but it ain't going to happen. Easily the most disappointing career out of our academy players that I've witnessed, when he broke through I was 100% certain he would be the new Terry and starting for England in few years. Roll on 2014 and he still plays like he's 17.

Selling Taylor would give room for MYM/Good/another young new CB. Colo can still do his job better than any replacement we would buy (:lol:), whether that's as a starter or as a 3rd choice CB. Obviously I wouldn't mind someone like Shawcross but it's just never gonna happen.

Id be well up for trying 3cbs but I'd be extremely worried how pardew would implement it. We've got the defenders for it. Debuchy/Santon would both be good wingbacks, colo sweeper and MYM and another physical player as ball winners. Would need a creative CM though and obvs striker reinforcement

5 defenders ffs. Fuck this club.