Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa joins AS Roma then Lyon

KaKa

FFS, we're too light on numbers to be letting anyone else go before signing replacements. Even if MYM isn't a Pardew favourite, the squad is too small. If he absolutely needs to sell MYM (although I think that would be a s*** move) then he needs a replacement first. This kind of infuriating s*** is going to backfire yet again.

Get a replacement first? ffs do you want us to end up like Portsmouth?

Guest bimpy474

Wasn't there a comment from someone that knows Pardew (Golfmag?) who was told a move for Colo's replacement was basically sorted out?

Funnily enough that's turned out to be bullshit.

At least they tried though.

I beginning to suspect that they may not trying :lol:

Wasn't there a comment from someone that knows Pardew (Golfmag?) who was told a move for Colo's replacement was basically sorted out?

At least they're trying to have tried though.

Guest bimpy474

Ah, the monitoring, on the verge......yes well done them.

If this lad does go, i hope manages to make a name for himself elsewhere, it is criminal how we have treated this lad, considering some of the shit which have been getting a game week in week out.

Pardew probably thinks buying players is like taking someone's food because he's 'the King'.

What makes me really angry with this is Pardew is getting off scott free (not on here obviously). As a manager his job is to develop players and with our buying policy of bringing younger players to develop and eventually sell on . He has failed in every respect, he develops nothing in a player, absolutely nothing.

Yet if we do buy several players this window (big if), they'll be given to a bloke how has shown he cannot improve them, it's baffling in the extreme as his rank bad coaching goes against the very transfer policy of the club. You just can't make it up, how in the f*** is here still manager when everything is at his door for the failure of the players progressions. It's just ridiculous.

Unfortuneately you're spot on

Guest bimpy474

Pardew probably thinks buying players is like taking someone's food because he's 'the King'.

'The King'.....every time i see this i feel like going into a rage, how much arrogance and unwarranted self importance can one man have.

Recently we have always struggled to have enough cover in central defence as Colo and Taylor have missed loads of games in recent seasons.  The 2 youngsters Good and Streete have also been plagued with injuries so if they don't replace MYM, it is inevitable Pardew is going to be moaning about his lack of defensive options next season.  And they don't have a Simpson, Perch or Tavernier to play there when they get desperate.  Although I guess maybe they think Dummett is the answer. :'(

This is really worrying. We bought four players of fairly high quality in the January 2013 window, and have managed to misuse three of them badly and will probably sell the other. It is unacceptable management at some point.

I think Yanga-Mbiwa has a good attitude, but it is probably obvious to everyone involved that he has no interest in staying here as third choice and fullback cover.

Guest bimpy474

Something else is bugging me, in that Chronicle story it says Pardew has doubts that MYM can cope with the Premiership. We watch Saylor and Williamson/Williamson and Colo concede 3-0, 4-0, 4-0, 3-0 etc, but they can cope ?. Despite losing constantly by 3 or more, he never brought MYM in for any of them. Yet again in that Chronicle and other papers there's no mention of Pardew inept manangement or tactics, or refusal to use MYM for no reason despite the heavy losses.

Typical of a coward.  Has no motivational skills to bring the best out of people so spins a load of bullshit to Mr Stay Puft about them not being up to the grade.

Good luck Mapou! Hope somebody realises your potential.

Something else is bugging me, in that Chronicle story it says Pardew has doubts that MYM can cope with the Premiership. We watch Saylor and Williamson/Williamson and Colo concede 3-0, 4-0, 4-0, 3-0 etc, but they can cope ?. Despite losing constantly by 3 or more, he never brought MYM in for any of them. Yet again in that Chronicle and other papers there's no mention of Pardew inept manangement or tactics, or refusal to use MYM for no reason despite the heavy losses.

Pardew had doubts about Tevez and Mascherano's ability to cope in the premiership and thought it made more sense to stick with Mullins and Harewood. He should be managing a club in the lower leagues where he'd still end up getting sacked after two seasons.

Words can't describe how angry this makes me. It's not so much MYM, although I rate him very highly, it's just what such a decision would symbolise. Fucking Steven Taylor staying because he makes Pards 'larf', makes me sick to my stomach. How much longer do they think Colo's going to last, man?

I wonder how many games MYM actually played at CB in 13/14, about 7?

Williamson's a poor defender but he was our best CB by a distance last season. You don't drop him for Colo or MYM.

I suppose he was never terrible last season, but he was never really good either, very consistently average.  He's a safe choice, but I'd rather give someone else a chance, even if I'm unsure of them, just as long as they have the potential to be good.

Out of all the guys we've signed recently, I had the highest hopes for Mbiwa. A young, french-international who captained an unfashionable side to a championship. Now he can't get a game here and we're selling him. What a waste.

So the aim is to go with Williamson, Colo and Taylor?! And introduce Remi Streete as Mapou's replacement?! That article actually says that the defence isn't a priority?!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest bimpy474

So the aim is to go with Williamson, Colo and Taylor?! And introduce Remi Streete as Mapou's replacement?! That article actually says that the defence isn't a priority?!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Since Pardew joined our defensive record has been awful, for that statement to have actually been said or indicated, well they must be fucking mental :lol: