Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa joins AS Roma then Lyon

KaKa

I think last season his Tayolresque logic of choosing to make silly decisions did himself no favours. From memory his got sent off for pulling Suarez, put Nasri out for 8 weeks with a rediculous double foul whilst on his arse and then being brought on and rugby tackling Etoo to concede a pen. Oh and I do recall watching one of his first games where under no pressure he passed the ball straight to the opposition whilst bringing the ball out of defence.

He's a good player though I just think the reason he is out of the team is the same reason Taylor is.

Bit of a state now the CB situation to say the least. Colo is clearly declining and can't wait to go back to Argentina, Iron Mike over-performed last season and although a trier is limited and Captain Fistpump is a thick as mince perma-crock. They better have been "monitoring" someone decent.

This, entirely.

Willo is an extremely limited player, but is mostly solid provided he's not asked to do anything outside of his narrow skillset. Ie don't ask him to turn quickly or play a killer through ball. Or score from a set penis.

Colo seems to be either on the wane or playing with his head up his arse. He's still young enough that he shouldn't really be on the decline as a defender, but different players peak at different times. Next year is crucial for him IMO.

Taylor is just a glass version of Titus Bramble. On meth. Has all the physical attributes of a top defender, but has a brain the size of a pea and runs around like a lunatic waving his arms everywhere.

MYM made many mistakes in his first season, but he's a good ball-playing DC with many great attributes and we shouldn't be giving up on him so easily. It's shocking that we are, becuase he's mroe than good enough to get into our side.

Losing a defender who will go on to be one of the greats in Europe thanks to our shithead manager. Great times at Newcastle.

Whey he certainly won't become 'one of the greats  in Europe'. Not that it makes offloading the lad acceptable.

He captained a side that won the league when he was twenty-one. I have little doubt that he will really develop under different coaches and show what he's made of. Has so much potential it's ludicrous.

he's 25 now, he's as good now as he'll ever be.

Spouting the Pardy line yet again. Amazing how you get away with such s****. Let's try and educate you a tad. As mole said, centre halfs reach their peak at 28ish for starters. Secondly, when he had a proper extended run in the side was coincidentally our best part of last season until he was ridiculously dropped by our Happy Shopper manager,  so it is no wonder that he didn't look quite as good when he made sporadic appearances, many out of position later in the season.

He will become Varane's regular partner for France when managed correctly I'm sure.

No, that'll be Zouma.

:thup: Sakho & Mangela too will be well above him for a fair few years too

Would be tempted to add Umtiti to that as well, he will be incredible if he reaches his potential.

Losing a defender who will go on to be one of the greats in Europe thanks to our shithead manager. Great times at Newcastle.

Whey he certainly won't become 'one of the greats  in Europe'. Not that it makes offloading the lad acceptable.

He captained a side that won the league when he was twenty-one. I have little doubt that he will really develop under different coaches and show what he's made of. Has so much potential it's ludicrous.

he's 25 now, he's as good now as he'll ever be.

Spouting the Pardy line yet again. Amazing how you get away with such shite. Let's try and educate you a tad. As mole said, centre halfs reach their peak at 28ish for starters. Secondly, when he had a proper extended run in the side was coincidentally our best part of last season until he was ridiculously dropped by our Happy Shopper manager,  so it is no wonder that he didn't look quite as good when he made sporadic appearances, many out of position later in the season.

He will become Varane's regular partner for France when managed correctly I'm sure.

No, that'll be Zouma.

Based on what? A good season at St Etienne and a handful of appearances for the U21.

Based on one has joined one of the best teams in Europe with one of the best managers in the world and one is struggling to be sold for £3.5m.

so you've not watched him? and he's played precisely zero times for chelsea. right

He went back on loan, with David Luiz gone he's got a great chance of breaking in to the Chelsea team. He does that he'll be getting caps for France in no time, especially if deschamp is still there who has touted him as a future captain of the national side.

Not sure why you are jumping on this, probably because it's me saying it, yet the 'one of the greats' comment (which Is one of the most stupid things I'll read this year) about MYM goes by without any comment from yourself.

Ludicrous that we're selling Mbiwa on the back of last season, where our only stand out players have been flogged. You can't judge his ability on sporadic, out of position performances. It's no surprise his best period for us was playing in his favoured roll for a stint of games. Defenders, more than any other position, gain confidence, understanding and performances from being in a settled back line.

£3.5m will turn out to be a bargain, guaranteed.

Guest bimpy474

Just read in the 9 games he has started at CB we have lost just two, both losses with Coloccini.

:anguish:

And when we kept getting battered with Colo and Williamson in the second half of last season, Pardew continued to play them and not give this lad a chance, despite his earlier good form alongside Willo. Just another of Pardew's ridiculous decisions.

I don't even think we'll sell him. I know it's been reported that we're tried our best to offload but I haven't heard anything about us looking to bring in another CB and even The King can't be stupid enough to think Colo/Willo/Taylor is enough to get by. Unless Streete/Good are being brought up to the first-team squad but I still think it'd be absolutely nuts to rely on that group of players

It's absolutely criminal and quite frankly disgraceful how Pardew has essentially ruined Yanga-Mbiwa via his complete player mis-management. MYM is the one of the last players we should be selling! From being a highly rated CB in Europe to f***ing this...hopefully Mapou will bounce back and perform exceptionally well wherever he ends up so that Pardew is proven wrong (unfortunately though, Pardew probably won't give a f*** and rewrite history).

It's absolutely criminal and quite frankly disgraceful how Pardew has essentially ruined Yanga-Mbiwa via his complete player mis-management. MYM is the one of the last players we should be selling! From being a highly rated CB in Europe to f***ing this...hopefully Mapou will bounce back and perform exceptionally well wherever he ends up so that Pardew is proven wrong (unfortunately though, Pardew probably won't give a f*** and rewrite history).

It's the worst one yet IMO, potentially even worse than Ben Arfa.

Guest bimpy474

I keep thinking he's not getting sold. Hopeful.

Might as well selll him for his sake, if twatface isn't going to pick at CB, and sometimes play him at RB and then crucify him for not playing well there. Best for the lads career to go imo.

I keep thinking he's not getting sold. Hopeful.

He doesn't even seem that arsed about leaving. Clearly Pardew trying to force him out because he doesn't have the balls to drop Coloccini.

Is this going to be like Coloccini where everyone in his home country want him but can't afford him, and he stays by default?

That is sort of my gut feeling here. Although I expected some clubs who have coveted him prior to him joining us valuing him higher as they know what he's capable of from leadership, Ligue 1 experience, and potential.  Always assumed Montpellier would hold Cabella over us in attempt to get Mapou back - or - Rene Girard would bring him over to Lille and build the defense around him.

You never know maybe it's all a ploy to get him to step it up a gear. Now his school friend cabella is here it should give him more incentive to want to stay.

Currently though he really does need to step up and take Colo's place off him.

I wonder how much Douglas not signing for us has effected our plans for him? On paper a very good partnership.

He seemingly has said nothing but positive things on social media and to the press about wanting to stay here, his hard work, etc. He looked like he was working hard in the gym to get a bit more strength too.

I want nothing more then to see him displace Colo and make a case to be a vice captain the following season behind Siem de Jong.

Fucking Kinnear cancelling that Douglas deal. Farcical shit

Our defence would only be a decent left back away from being fairly solid. As it stands it looks like Janmaat will be our only quality defender.

f***ing Kinnear cancelling that Douglas deal. Farcical s***

Our defence would only be a decent left back away from being fairly solid. As it stands it looks like Janmaat will be our only quality defender.

I know and get he may not be a brilliant player or something, but his physicality, height and aerial presence are exactly what we needed and yet the drunk senile cunt canceled that deal. Idiotic.