Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa joins AS Roma then Lyon

KaKa

Like f*** would I trust Pardew to implement a successful 3-5-2 style formation. :lol:

I still have nightmares about Shearer doing it away at Stoke, deploying David Edgar as a sort of half-sweeper for christs sake.

Robson had a couple of mares with that formation as well, it's rarely paid off when we have deployed it.

Of the three (Edgar, Ramage, Huntington), Huntington looked to me as if he had the most to his game but apparently not. We don't have a very good record for bringing in young players and improving them recently (since maybe Gazza and Waddle), hopefully Dummett, Bigi and Sammy don't go the same way as many of the others.

Guest neesy111

Huntington was absolutely abysmal and seemed more concerned about his hair than his performances whilst out on the pitch.

Alkmaar away.  Not enough :anguish: for that performance.

We had 3 defensive midfielders imho  v Everton and none of them supported our centre halfs at all first half but Mbiwa and Colo played like strangers both making individual errors so lets see how they play against Cardiff before being hasty

Any surprise? This is the man who goes through the entire catalogue of formations in 90 minutes, adds some invented ones to boot, and still loses home games trying to defend against promoted sides. Knee jerk? Someone put him out of his jerking misery.

He had one game where he didn't disgrace himself and as per usual instantly became a 'really good one for the future'. Same with Ramage and Huntington.

Did Ramage even have that? I remember Huntington playing well vs Blackburn away, Edgar keeping Ronaldo quiet and scoring vs Man U. f***ing Matty Pattison was dubbed the new Gazza after WBA at home. Ramage never looked that promising he just got a load of games cos someone was injured iirc.

I think Edgar had the most potential out of all of them but seemed to be more interested in getting p*ssed on the Quayside.

Like f*** would I trust Pardew to implement a successful 3-5-2 style formation. :lol:

I still have nightmares about Shearer doing it away at Stoke, deploying David Edgar as a sort of half-sweeper for christs sake.

Robson had a couple of mares with that formation as well, it's rarely paid off when we have deployed it.

Tbf to the great man we didn't really have the personnel for a 3-5-2 then, i think we do now if everyone is fit or some kind of variation of it.

But there is not a chance in hell of Pardew being able to implement it properly.

Tbf to the great man we didn't really have the personnel for a 3-5-2 then, i think we do now if everyone is fit or some kind of variation of it.

But there is not a chance in hell of Pardew being able to implement it properly.

We don't.

We'd be one injury away from big mike Williamson

He had one game where he didn't disgrace himself and as per usual instantly became a 'really good one for the future'. Same with Ramage and Huntington.

Did Ramage even have that? I remember Huntington playing well vs Blackburn away, Edgar keeping Ronaldo quiet and scoring vs Man U. f***ing Matty Pattison was dubbed the new Gazza after WBA at home. Ramage never looked that promising he just got a load of games cos someone was injured iirc.

I think Edgar had the most potential out of all of them but seemed to be more interested in getting p*ssed on the Quayside.

Ramage had a few decent games at RB.

Based on the Everton game he should be dropped for Williamson. Based on that and that alone like.

Willo and Taylor with Dummett then?

:lol:

Aye, and a different right back based on Everton, and once again Everton only.

• 2 weeks later...