Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa joins AS Roma then Lyon

KaKa

The worst thing you do from this is beat down on Mapou after team put in a shift to get a point. The best thing you do is to big up a young man's confidence and tell him he was outstanding before the send off and that's the type of football that validates why we signed him and why we believe in him to be a future star for the club.

The worst thing you do from this is beat down on Mapou after team put in a shift to get a point. The best thing you do is to big up a young man's confidence and tell him he was outstanding before the send off and that's the type of football that validates why we signed him and why we believe in him to be a future star for the club.

:thup:

Well, that was a shame, he had a decent game before that moment of idiocy. Still think we have a great player in the working there - that is, when he fully adapts to the PL (à la Colo hopefully), he'll be an asset for us.

Sincerely hope his mental strength holds up and his confidence isn't too shattered from that, especially when it was his first game since he had that nightmare performance against Everton - it's all down to him though but think he needs some sort of arm around his shoulder.

Guest bimpy474

For an INTERNATIONAL PLAYER he's seemingly prone to idiotic mistakes.

Needs to sort himself out sharpish.

Young CB's do seem the be that way inclined at times. I always forget just how young he actually is.

I honestly don't know if it was even 'idiocy'. A ball comes over, you battle for the ball like you always do. Your hand goes on to the opponent, he goes over.

It's easy to say he should have just let Suarez go but footballers don't have those instincts.

I put the blame more at Tiote's door for playing Suarez on tbh. There's not a lot else he could have done other than just let Suarez shoot, which you just don't do. It's a shame cos he was looking superb up until that point.

Real shame. Seemed on his way to rebuilding his confidence with a solid first half. Tiote has done his mate no favours because he's played on Suarez and that's led to Mapou panic and desperate try to get back at Suarez.

Hope this doesn't set him back even further as he could of had a run of games but now he's banned.

I honestly don't know if it was even 'idiocy'. A ball comes over, you battle for the ball like you always do. Your hand goes on to the opponent, he goes over.

It's easy to say he should have just let Suarez go but footballers don't have those instincts.

It's borderline idiocy in my book to again be caught ball watching (ie ending up the wrong side), although Tiote didn't help. Mbiwa clearly has so many of the attributes you need for a top centre-half, but at least one that you just can't afford.

I know he couldn't have done much else but ultimately you're asking for trouble when you do something like that in the penalty area so it is "idiocy" in that respect.

I'm wondering if Tiote was hurt and got up and ran forward? Thought he was....

His confidence shouldn't be shattered; he didn't get undone for a half and we conceded a ton or something - he played wonderfully before the red which he can learn from.

I'm wondering if Tiote was hurt and got up and ran forward? Thought he was....

His confidence shouldn't be shattered; he didn't get undone for a half and we conceded a ton or something - he played wonderfully before the red which he can learn from.

Tiote didn't do him any favours that's for sure.

He wasn't injured so shouldn't be lying on the floor.

I put the blame more at Tiote's door for playing Suarez on tbh. There's not a lot else he could have done other than just let Suarez shoot, which you just don't do. It's a shame cos he was looking superb up until that point.

What? Of course you can.

What you don't do is make a challenge from behind/pull him back.

Tiote takes blame for the chance and clear-cut opportunity. MYM takes blame for getting himself sent off, getting a suspension and giving away a clear cut goalscoring opportunity anyway.

I'm not sure what Tiote should have done differenly if he came back up the pitch after staying down injured, apart from never coming back up at all like.. :lol:

Mbiwa shouldn't be trying to play Suarez offside with a man coming back up if he was aware, or if he wasn't that's just bad awareness full stop. I don't want to blame him too harshly for the challenge itself, as I think Suarez made a meal of it, but he himself made a mistake getting caught out like that for me. Tiote, while playing an unfortunate part, should not share in the blame on that incident.