Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa joins AS Roma then Lyon

KaKa

It's possible that Pardew will start Taylor against Villa because he's presumably worked hard to return to fitness and is a decent player that knows Colo well, and to throw down the challenge to Yanga-Mbiwa. Also there's no language barrier there, which could be important this early on. Much of that is not the case with Debuchy, who he's known he wanted in his side for at least six months and replaces one of the weakest links in the team.

It's possible that Pardew will start Taylor against Villa because he's presumably worked hard to return to fitness and is a decent player that knows Colo well, and to throw down the challenge to Yanga-Mbiwa. Not the case with Debuchy, who he's known he wanted in his side for at least six months and replaces one of the weakest links in the team.

It's possible, but I'd be surprised. Yanga-Mbiwa has been here for a decent time now and has trained with the team and Colo.

There aren't any more suitable games coming up to blood the new lads, he needs to do it now.

It's possible that Pardew will start Taylor against Villa because he's presumably worked hard to return to fitness and is a decent player that knows Colo well, and to throw down the challenge to Yanga-Mbiwa. Also there's no language barrier there, which could be important this early on. Much of that is not the case with Debuchy, who he's known he wanted in his side for at least six months and replaces one of the weakest links in the team.

It's possible but he's a fucking knacker if he does so.

I really don't see why it matters which side a centre half plays, perhaps someone can explain it to me?

I played both sides of centre half as a junior and it made no difference.

Left footed players tend to prefer the left naturally, same for the right. If you can use both feet you wouldn't care.

Colo who is right footed but can use his left very well, plays left of the centre for us. Williamson who left foot is poor plays right as this helps him. Same with Saylor who is right footed with a weaker left foot.

Not that hard to work out is it ?

It's not that simple though, is it?

John Terry has insisted on playing on the left side his entire career despite being right footed. People seem to be against the idea of us signing a left sided centre half because Colo plays on the left, even though he is more comfortable on his right foot. There'll be more examples, I'm sure.

But John Terry is comfortable with his left foot, just as Colo is. Your correct about it not being so simple, i know he wasn't a centre back but Maldini played LB despite being right footed, same with Dennis Irwin. The one thing in common about them all, was they were all comfortable with both feet. The only way you knew what the favoured foot was, when they took a dead ball.

Obviously some players will prefer the opposite to what you think would be right, but in most cases a left footed centre half would play left. Tbh it's a rather mute point as there aren't that mean lefty's compared to right footers.

I say this as a left footed centre half myself, i had no problem playing either side as i was comfortable with my right foot but usually lined up left side.

Mike Williamson played on the left for Watford.  Him wearing number 6 is no coincidence, he always played as the left sided centre back prior to NUFC.  Obviously in the lower leagues he stood out as a very good player, a poor man's John Terry if you will.

Well i'm not having 6 as the left sided, thats 5 god dammit. :lol:

9    10

11    4      8    7

3      5      6    2

Anything other than that in a 4-4-2 is a crime against humanity.

Toon style.

9    10

14      7      8    32

3      5      27    2

11 being another attacking midfielder, and 4 a hardman who starts instead of 7 or 8 in some games.

Mbiwa should be the better player and ultimately will be first choice but I would have no concerns about Taylor starting this one.

On paper the team is easily picked but given the players will have been here a week or less, taken part in very little training sessions etc.. I wouldn't be shocked or angry if all don't start. With players coming back we still should still have more than enough.

If Williamson started ahead of both then I would be pissed off but I really can't see that happening.

Pards always banged on about not rushing Taylor and protecting him to get as many games as we can out of him, he has been out ages and had one selection on the bench. I agree its a bigger risk to start him over Mbiwa.

Pards always banged on about not rushing Taylor and protecting him to get as many games as we can out of him, he has been out ages and had one selection on the bench. I agree its a bigger risk to start him over Mbiwa.

Good point and hamstrings are notorious for going again

we should keep playing 4 at the back. its not the time to experimenting too much imo.

we might have the players now but it should be tried between seasons not now. Colo might leave this summer so we would have to buy the right type for this formation.

I really don't see why it matters which side a centre half plays, perhaps someone can explain it to me?

I played both sides of centre half as a junior and it made no difference.

Left footed players tend to prefer the left naturally, same for the right. If you can use both feet you wouldn't care.

Colo who is right footed but can use his left very well, plays left of the centre for us. Williamson who left foot is poor plays right as this helps him. Same with Saylor who is right footed with a weaker left foot.

Not that hard to work out is it ?

It's not that simple though, is it?

John Terry has insisted on playing on the left side his entire career despite being right footed. People seem to be against the idea of us signing a left sided centre half because Colo plays on the left, even though he is more comfortable on his right foot. There'll be more examples, I'm sure.

But John Terry is comfortable with his left foot, just as Colo is. Your correct about it not being so simple, i know he wasn't a centre back but Maldini played LB despite being right footed, same with Dennis Irwin. The one thing in common about them all, was they were all comfortable with both feet. The only way you knew what the favoured foot was, when they took a dead ball.

Obviously some players will prefer the opposite to what you think would be right, but in most cases a left footed centre half would play left. Tbh it's a rather mute point as there aren't that mean lefty's compared to right footers.

I say this as a left footed centre half myself, i had no problem playing either side as i was comfortable with my right foot but usually lined up left side.

Mike Williamson played on the left for Watford.  Him wearing number 6 is no coincidence, he always played as the left sided centre back prior to NUFC.  Obviously in the lower leagues he stood out as a very good player, a poor man's John Terry if you will.

Well i'm not having 6 as the left sided, thats 5 god dammit. :lol:

9    10

11    4      8    7

3      5      6    2

Anything other than that in a 4-4-2 is a crime against humanity.

Can't be having that. 6 was left-half in old money, so you can have 6 on the left and 5 on the right, or 5 on the left and 4 (the right-half) on the right. Anything else is Bolshevik nonsense. :huff:

You Communist bastard.

You sir are a crime against everything with that numbering system :lol:

:lol: I didn't invent it, sir, you are trying to change civilisation as we know it! I shall see you with my second and the duelling pistols at dawn. Yours, of course, will not be loaded. Good day. :huff: