Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa joins AS Roma then Lyon

KaKa

The fact that Steven Taylor is ahead of him says all you need to know at the moment

Has anyone ever seen Steve Taylor make a tackle? He's great at marking space then throwing himself in the way when the shots are coming in, but I very rarely see him close to the opposition forwards.

Colo will probably be back soon and then it will be him and Williamson until the end of the season. Then Colo will leave and Mbiwa will probably be pushed into a starting role next season, where we could have been giving him important experience for the rest of this.

Therein lies the problem, you want to bed him in but the bloke he's replacing will play when fit and you can't play them together.

Yup, and any sensible person would be using the replacement to cover for the person he's replacing.

He was in a place a month ago where he was playing regularly and confidently. It has been utterly brainless to set his transition to the league back by benching him and then playing him out of position.

Especially for Steven Taylor.

If he doesn't play regularly the rest of the season we may as well sell him. We've nothing to play for, two limited centre halves who we should be upgrading if we are going anywhere (ha) and the other centre back is the want-away captain. This kid should have the defence built around him due to his age and the money we've paid for him, and if he's really not better than Williamson and Taylor then there's no hope for him anyway. Play him, for fuck sake.

I'm not even his biggest fan as he can be very naive at times, but he actually has a chance of improving rather than just being a stop gap. I'd apply the same logic to most of our younger players for the rest of the season - Sammy & Dummett inparticular.

Think he's a 'Carr signing'. Not the type of player Pardew wants.

Well Pardew has mentioned to the effect we need a big dominant CB, which we are desperate for but we got Colo's replacement in first. It's always going to cause some sort of confusion when the manager isn't in full control of transfers but i don't think Pardew will be moaning about the type of players coming in.

If we are going to persist with Pardew we need him to at least have a say in who comes in and out. We've spent something like 12m on Anita & MYM and we need to play towards their strengths or else we are just wasting money.

Obertan says hello. I'd rather not.

We don't need to fuck up our squad as well. All we need to do now is get rid of Pardew, and sign a few players of course. It'll be overhaul time if he's to have his type of players. Now, and when a new manager surely has to come in sooner rather than later.

Well Pardew has mentioned to the effect we need a big dominant CB, which we are desperate for but we got Colo's replacement in first. It's always going to cause some sort of confusion when the manager isn't in full control of transfers but i don't think Pardew will be moaning about the type of players coming in.

I'm afraid i disagree there. If he had full control of transfers i don't think he would choose to buy MYM, Anita, HBA, Marveaux or Cisse.

If we are going to persist with Pardew we need him to at least have a say in who comes in and out. We've spent something like 12m on Anita & MYM and we need to play towards their strengths or else we are just wasting money.

Obertan says hello. I'd rather not.

We don't need to f*** up our squad as well. All we need to do now is get rid of Pardew, and sign a few players of course. It'll be overhaul time if he's to have his type of players. Now, and when a new manager surely has to come in sooner rather than later.

I don't mean he gets to choose. But he needs some involvement. MYM, Anita & Marveaux are on first team wages being used wrongly.

I'm afraid i disagree there. If he had full control of transfers i don't think he would choose to buy MYM, Anita, HBA, Marveaux or Cisse.

I'm not saying he would buy those players. I just don't think he's twisting his face and causing a fuss when those players are signed though. From what he says him and Carr seem to have a good working relationship and they talk things through together. It's just always makes things slightly awkward when a manager doesn't have full control of transfers and players maybe bought which the manager wouldn't buy himself.

AVB had that problem at Spurs, standard of players wasn't in question but when they aren't your signings it can make things more difficult.

I'm not saying he would buy those players. I just don't think he's twisting his face and causing a fuss when those players are signed though. From what he says him and Carr seem to have a good working relationship and they talk things through together. It's just always makes things slightly awkward when a manager doesn't have full control of transfers and players maybe bought which the manager wouldn't buy himself.

AVB had that problem at Spurs, standard of players wasn't in question but when they aren't your signings it can make things more difficult.

It seems you think if he did complain it would be unjustified. Twisting his face and causing a fuss. Tbh, i don't think many managers would want someone buying players for them that they wouldn't pick themselves. We have done this too often (when we've bothered to buy anyone at all).

It's got to be in excess for £20m for MYM, Anita and Cisse. I'm sure Pardew could have thought of a different way to spend that.

It seems you think if he did complain it would be unjustified. Twisting his face and causing a fuss. Tbh, i don't think many managers would want someone buying players for them that they wouldn't pick themselves. We have done this too often (when we've bothered to buy anyone at all).

It's got to be in excess for £20m for MYM, Anita and Cisse. I'm sure Pardew could have thought of a different way to spend that.

No i think it's good that Pardew has no problem with how the transfer system works at the club and just gets on with it. Many clubs around the world have a similar way of dealing with transfers and it's good that there's no tension between Pardew and Carr. If Pardew was twisting his face and making soundbytes that suggest he's unhappy with the players being signed then you'll have a real problem. As is stands majority of the signings have came in and done very well. Some have started brightly and faded, others have struggled then come on to shine.

Pardew didn't even complain publicly about JFK, he's hardly going to speak out against Carr is he?

When things go badly, Pardew gets the blame, when they go well Carr gets the glory. I doubt Pards is enamoured about that. And, although i don't rate him, i could understand that.

If the club believes in the manager then buy players that suit him. If the club believes in the chief scout then hire a manager who shares a similar view on players. It's not rocket science. It's the simplest of concepts, actually.

I definitely wouldn't advocate changing our transfer policy to suit an outdated, and frankly shit manager. It's not Carr's fault Pardew can't utilise technical players.  We'd have ended up with Darren bent and James Tomkins if pards had his way.

Dare I suggest we'd be probably be 7th if we had those two?