Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa joins AS Roma then Lyon

KaKa

If he goes on loan, it is simply to raise the price when he eventually departs. He'll do very well at FCGB and re-enter the minds of those clubs that scout Ligue 1 for players. Right now his value is low after 1.5 wasted seasons.

Disagree.

He will be a year older proving himself in a league which he's already proven himself in also he will have 1 year less on his contract.

If he wants to play in ligue 1 he will have to take a pay cut and we will have to make a loss.

I fully expect pardew to be here next season so he still won't be wanted imo

I don't share people's faith in this player coming good for us, with or without Pardew. The optimism must derive from some assessment of his potential, because his actual performances have been very erratic and nervy.

Keeping him on seems a bit of a gamble. If the opportunity is there, I'd rather get rid and try someone else.

He is popular because Pardew hates him. He has rarely shown much in an NUFC shirt. I do however think he has more potential than any of our other centre halves given his skill set. He's had to play a lot at full back, unfairly, but that doesn't excuse for example why he just threw Eto'o to the ground for no reason, or even playing at centre half against Everton he failed to even attempt to head the ball clear from a big punt downfield.

The likes of Taylor have made a similar number of mistakes and yet still remain though, which is inexcusable. For this kid to be 4th choice, particularly in the games where we had nothing to play for at the end of last season, seems utterly bonkers to me.

He is popular because Pardew hates him. He has rarely shown much in an NUFC shirt. I do however think he has more potential than any of our other centre halves given his skill set. He's had to play a lot at full back, unfairly, but that doesn't excuse for example why he just threw Eto'o to the ground for no reason, or even playing at centre half against Everton he failed to even attempt to head the ball clear from a big punt downfield.

The likes of Taylor have made a similar number of mistakes and yet still remain though, which is inexcusable. For this kid to be 4th choice, particularly in the games where we had nothing to play for at the end of last season, seems utterly bonkers to me.

There seems to be a few players who fall into that category eg Abeid, Bigi, MYM, where the belief seems to be that they'd become better players under a better manager. As I say, that seems to be based on hope rather than any evidence on the field.

I'd gladly see Taylor replaced as well. However, I think after the Everton debacle, Pardew's faith in MYM was severely shaken, because the player wasn't just bad, he was completely hopeless. You can bank on Taylor producing some kind of performance, even if his style of defending isn't very imposing on the opposition.

There seems to be a few players who fall into that category eg Abeid, Bigi, MYM, where the belief seems to be that they'd become better players under a better manager. As I say, that seems to be based on hope rather than any evidence on the field.

I'd gladly see Taylor replaced as well. However, I think after the Everton debacle, Pardew's faith in MYM was severely shaken, because the player wasn't just bad, he was completely hopeless. You can bank on Taylor producing some kind of performance, even if his style of defending isn't very imposing on the opposition.

Its totally different with Bigi and Abeid. They have never got a chance to show what they're capable of at the club. And with MYM, if I recall correctly there was a patch of last season when Colo was unavailable that he played very well alongside Williamson but then the minute Colo came back, MYM was dropped again. And he was played at full back a lot which was ridiculous

And here we have one who clearly didn't see one of our best runs last season when MYM and Williamson played together.

He was doing fine before Christmas in a run of games we won without conceding (m)any goals, before he was unceremoniously dropped, rarely to be seen at centre half again.  I'm not surprised he hasn't settled or thrived, he's barely played.  Bit of a theme here.

And here we have one who clearly didn't see one of our best runs last season when MYM and Williamson played together.

They played together for the wins against a totally non-scoring AVB Spurs and Chelsea if memory serves. Not sure I'd call 2 games a 'run'.

They played together for the wins against a totally non-scoring AVB Spurs and Chelsea if memory serves. Not sure I'd call 2 games a 'run'.

Always thought it was four games, but you're right tbf. He played left-back in the 3rd one. 

Is this run of games City (cup), Chelsea home and Spurs away? Or was there another I've forgotten about? He did well in those first two but considering the amount of times Krul dug us out of the shit against Spurs I'll not get excited. He and Williamson are a good combo as Williamson seems a decent organiser and three clean sheets against those teams isn't to be sniffed at. Like I said, the potential is there so I'd rather we at least tried him in his best position but idiot boy seems loathe to do so

Actually it's f***ing criminal that his last full 90 minutes for us in the PL was that Chelsea win. (actually scratch that played full 90 against Hull in the center when we won 4-1)

Is this run of games City (cup), Chelsea home and Spurs away? Or was there another I've forgotten about? He did well in those first two but considering the amount of times Krul dug us out of the s*** against Spurs I'll not get excited. He and Williamson are a good combo as Williamson seems a decent organiser and three clean sheets against those teams isn't to be sniffed at. Like I said, the potential is there so I'd rather we at least tried him in his best position but idiot boy seems loathe to do so

Aye, I somehow thought it was four PL games (+ that cup game), but he played RB/LB against Norwich and was benched against WBrom.

On the other hand, Williamson and MYM would be my pick for the CB pairing this season. Disgusting as that sounds.

Has to be though. Not that I in any way like stats as a measure of performance, but just looking at our results with MYM centrally it's a joke he played on the right for most parts last season.

Is this run of games City (cup), Chelsea home and Spurs away? Or was there another I've forgotten about? He did well in those first two but considering the amount of times Krul dug us out of the shit against Spurs I'll not get excited. He and Williamson are a good combo as Williamson seems a decent organiser and three clean sheets against those teams isn't to be sniffed at. Like I said, the potential is there so I'd rather we at least tried him in his best position but idiot boy seems loathe to do so

played vs Liverpool too iirc and got sent off suspended for match vs sunderland (dummet at cb out of desperation i believe) then chelsea and spurs

Although they didn't play together much, we never lost with the MYM and Williamson partnership.

Also we lost twice in the 9 games he started at CB, both with Coloccini. He was fine at CB with Williamson.

To say he never showed anything to be positive about is utter nonsense, he showed plenty of promise alongside Williamson until Pardew dropped for absolutely no reason.

Although they didn't play together much, we never lost with the MYM and Williamson partnership.

Also we lost twice in the 9 games he started at CB, both with Coloccini. He was fine at CB with Williamson.

To say he never showed anything to be positive about is utter nonsense, he showed plenty of promise alongside Williamson until Pardew dropped for absolutely no reason.

:thup: Knew there was some stats lying around there.

Fucking joke, this. Small time short sided classic mentality.

This, 100%. Brainwashed if you don't see how clear it was with these 2. Selling a young CB in favor of a 28, and 2 30+ players who are declining in talent, physicality and are never actually fit for an entire season is shockingly stupid.