Aston Villa vs Newcastle - 29/01/13 @ 7:45pm - Not on TV

Beren

The Shola thing was daft, but it wouldn't be anywhere near as daft as picking MIKE FUCKING WILLIAMSON when Taylor and Yanga-Mbiwa are both fit and raring to go. It's just not going to happen.

Guest bimpy474

I would be a massive mistake to play Willo against Benteke and Agbonlahors pace, same with Taylor. If MYM is as fast as suggested would probably be best way to combat them

Aye, we have lacked pace badly at the back, MYM has to play imo.

The Shola thing was daft, but it wouldn't be anywhere near as daft as picking MIKE FUCKING WILLIAMSON when Taylor and Yanga-Mbiwa are both fit and raring to go. It's just not going to happen.

Careful putting that in capitals, if Pardew's skim reading this thread for ideas it might be the only thing he picks up on. :D

Guest bimpy474

Blimey, i thought Willo's middle name was James.

The Shola thing was daft, but it wouldn't be anywhere near as daft as picking MIKE f***ing WILLIAMSON when Taylor and Yanga-Mbiwa are both fit and raring to go. It's just not going to happen.

:lol: who will hoof it if Willo don't start, these are integral to Pardews plan to nick a 1-0 defeat

I would be a massive mistake to play Willo against Benteke and Agbonlahors pace, same with Taylor. If MYM is as fast as suggested would probably be best way to combat them

I would be nothing less than fucking criminal if Williamson is selected on tuesday, absolutely criminal

If Colo is playing, Willo won't make the bench! Gotta have faith that Pardew has learnt from his dreadful mistakes!  :fool:

Back 4 must be

Debuchy                MYM                  Colo                        Santon

Guest Klizsch

Expecting none of them new players to start. Pardew will play this as safe as humanly possible, a well structured team prepared for a draw. I think he realises he cannot lose any more of these fixtures and it would be very out of character for him to take a risk -imo.

Pardew is the polar opposite of excitement.

I would say that the team very obviously picks itself for Tuesday and if it's anything other than the blatantly obvious and we don't win, then the manager has to be sacked immediately.

Obviously I'd happily give him the bullet regardless but some people have convinced themselves that he deserves some sort of chance with these players. Fail to beat this Villa side and that should be chance over.

I would say that the team very obviously picks itself for Tuesday and if it's anything other than the blatantly obvious and we don't win, then the manager has to be sacked immediately.

Obviously I'd happily give him the bullet regardless but some people have convinced themselves that he deserves some sort of chance with these players. Fail to beat this Villa side and that should be chance over.

What's this blatantly obvious team then?

Krul; Debuchy, Coloccini, MYM, Santon, Sissoko, Anita, Cabaye, Gouffran, Marveaux, Cisse.

Krul; Debuchy, Coloccini, MYM, Santon, Sissoko, Anita, Cabaye, Gouffran, Marveaux, Cisse.

Agreed. Jonas will find his way in there somehow. Probably ahead of Marveaux.

I like it, but it's not blatantly obvious. It's any 11 from the above mentioned and Jonas & Taylor.

I like it, but it's not blatantly obvious. It's any 11 from the above mentioned and Jonas & Taylor.

Sounds obvious to me if they're the alternatives.

From the players Wullie mentioned;

Krul

Debuchy  MYM  Coloccini  Santon

Sissoko    Anita  Marveaux

Cabaye

Gouffran              Cisse

Cabaye/Sissoko could play in either position. Marveaux isn't out on the wing and Cisse has someone to help him out with another midfielder behind them linking midfield and attack rather than leaving a huge gap. Both full back capable of getting forward.

Marveaux is not a winger. Not in this league, anyway.

Edit: Although I will say he may be able to work on the right if Debuchy were behind him.

He wouldn't be playing as a winger any more than David Silva plays as a winger. We're still very obsessed with this idea of players playing on one side or the other being "wingers", which is pretty outdated.

And what's the alternatives in that wide forward role? Despite very promising recruitment of late, it remains a position we are extremely light in quality. Beyond Ben Arfa and hopefully Gouffran, what are we left with? Still Obertan, Sammy and Jonas? No thanks.