Aston Villa vs Newcastle - 29/01/13 @ 7:45pm - Not on TV

Beren

I would say that the team very obviously picks itself for Tuesday and if it's anything other than the blatantly obvious and we don't win, then the manager has to be sacked immediately.

Obviously I'd happily give him the bullet regardless but some people have convinced themselves that he deserves some sort of chance with these players. Fail to beat this Villa side and that should be chance over.

What's this blatantly obvious team then?

Krul; Debuchy, Coloccini, MYM, Santon, Sissoko, Anita, Cabaye, Gouffran, Marveaux, Cisse.

Looks sexy, but I wouldn't say it's blatantly obvious.

Personally I probably wouldn't see Gouffran out there, we need him as a striker option on the bench and feck knows whether he or the others can manage the full 90 minutes of a Prem game. Also considering they'll only be seeing 1 or 2 training sessions I'd be astonished to see the team have 4 new players starting, and certainly wouldn't be arbitrarily be shooting shit at Pardew if it doesn't.

Nor would I even contemplate sacking him for a draw if he made the right subs, we played well, should have won, but got unlucky.

Each to his own though, as you say.

And if we play shit and lose? :laugh:

Thought that'd be fairly obvious. If there were no signs of new life in the team, like Wullie, I'd want him sacked.

Crikey, pretty strong for you. Not being sarcastic btw.

Heh, true.

I'd still probably be fairly proactive in finding any positives in the performance, and sympathetic to any reasonable problems...

But no, I don't have endless patience. :lol:

The power of the début, you know what its like that first game seems to bring a little of everything from a player, not sure all four should start even though Santon needs a break.

cannot see Haidara starting but Mbiwa, Sissoko and Gourffran should all start.

Tino v Boro 1996 albeit from the bench

Cisse's debut goal was lovely

On Marv, he's not defensively minded enough for Pards and while I may disagree I think realistically Pards will either play him central or not at all. He does not like playing wingers who don't track back much no matter how skillful.

"Wingers" ffs.

:thup: better tell Chelsea that Mata and Hazard are not wingers and best sub them..... He wouldn't be a "winger" anyway its possible to play someone outwide and him not to be stuck on the touchline all game.

By this logic we shouldn't play Ben Arfa either because he's not a winger either.

I kinda think we'll win, except it would be just our luck for Villa to suddenly find their feet and click into gear for our game  :lol:

First goal is massive. From the reports on the Millwall game and in general their backline is all over the place at the moment with zero confidence. If we score first while there'll still be a threat from Benteke and Agbonlahor their arses could go completely. The crowd will lose it and they'll be up against it. Benteke and Agbonlahor are a threat on their day though.

....They score first and we'll have to prove we can come from behind to win for the first time since dinosaurs walked the earth.

There is no excuses at all for not winning this, not only are their fan base disillusioned and hating manager/owners, they've just been embarrassed in both cups by lower league opposition, they're expecting their lowest crowd of the season and they haven't signed anyone. it couldn't be any more on a plate for us. If we lose ill cry.

There is no excuses at all for not winning this, not only are their fan base disillusioned and hating manager/owners, they've just been embarrassed in both cups by lower league opposition, they're expecting their lowest crowd of the season and they haven't signed anyone. it couldn't be any more on a plate for us. If we lose ill cry.

:thup:

looking forward to a game as much as is possible for me while Pardew is still our manager

sounds familiar :lol:

Whatever eleven Pardew starts, we'll have to have a positive approach, if not, this could very well become another frustrating shit display inviting Villa in, instead of taking the game to them and let them worry about us.

Guest neesy111

I just want us to go to Villa and look to get the win.  None of this keep it 0-0 until the 80th minute bollocks at Norwich etc.

The power of the début, you know what its like that first game seems to bring a little of everything from a player, not sure all four should start even though Santon needs a break.

On Marv, he's not defensively minded enough for Pards and while I may disagree I think realistically Pards will either play him central or not at all. He does not like playing wingers who don't track back much no matter how skillful.

"Wingers" ffs.

If I were to say Marveaux can't play wide left instead then? I believe that's where you had him in your proposed obvious lineup?

I like Marveaux, but he doesn't have the ability to make up for not tracking back like Ben Arfa does. As we saw the last time he played wide.

"Wingers" ffs.

If I were to say Marveaux can't play wide left instead then? I believe that's where you had him in your proposed obvious lineup?

I like Marveaux, but he doesn't have the ability to make up for not tracking back like Ben Arfa does. As we saw the last time he played wide.

I wouldn't pick my forward players based on how much tracking back they do. Did Man City pay 20 odd million for David Silva because he puts his foot in? ???

Who would you play in that role instead?

I would say that the team very obviously picks itself for Tuesday and if it's anything other than the blatantly obvious and we don't win, then the manager has to be sacked immediately.

Obviously I'd happily give him the bullet regardless but some people have convinced themselves that he deserves some sort of chance with these players. Fail to beat this Villa side and that should be chance over.

What's this blatantly obvious team then?

Krul; Debuchy, Coloccini, MYM, Santon, Sissoko, Anita, Cabaye, Gouffran, Marveaux, Cisse.

Looks sexy, but I wouldn't say it's blatantly obvious.

Personally I probably wouldn't see Gouffran out there, we need him as a striker option on the bench and feck knows whether he or the others can manage the full 90 minutes of a Prem game. Also considering they'll only be seeing 1 or 2 training sessions I'd be astonished to see the team have 4 new players starting, and certainly wouldn't be arbitrarily be shooting shit at Pardew if it doesn't.

Nor would I even contemplate sacking him for a draw if he made the right subs, we played well, should have won, but got unlucky.

Each to his own though, as you say.

What are the alternatives to come into that front six?

We still need serious recruitment this month if Gouffran isn't going to play there imo, because our options in those two positions either side of a front man are truly pathetic.

To be honest, for all his faults going forward and the general desire for attacking football (that I too share) part of me would see Jonas in there to assist the midfield three. While I'd love Sissoko to hit the ground running, the lack of training etc will tell to a degree, and he doesn't seem to be the defensive hardnut that the Essien comparisons suggested.

I can't think of anything worse than seeing him there again. I don't understand the will to pick your forwards because of the job they can do defensively. That negative attitude is what has us in this utter mess in the first place.

Agreed. I sigh every time he starts, I find his inability to keep the ball in play or find another player unbelievably frustrating, and I don't find it easy to defend his inclusion in the slightest. :lol:

Nevertheless, there is still a small part of me that sees him as the old head that can ease the new signings into the team and then be taken of when we're confident Sissoko is ok and that throwing on a wide man/striker wont see us overrun.

Easy, easy win for Newcastle. Probably their easiest win of the season. I mean all they have to do is get a corner or free kick against us and they'll score with ease.

0-2 Newcastle. 2 goals from corners.

0-4, two from corners

We'll find a way to lose this. 1-2, they win it on a late corner.

There are two things that will be certain to happen on Tuesday night,  newcastle will score from corners and...

Surely you could get some decent accumulators for this? - Goals conceded from corners.

:yao:

Haven't looked forward to a game this much in a long time. I don't expect us to just go there and win 5-0 but it'll be exciting to watch the new players and hopefully we'll play better than recently and go home with the 3 points.

Howay le lads!  :indi:

"Wingers" ffs.

I wouldn't pick my forward players based on how much tracking back they do. Did Man City pay 20 odd million for David Silva because he puts his foot in? ???

Did you read what I said? Marveaux isn't talented enough to make up for his lack of defensive prowess. The likes of Silva, Mata are Ben Arfa are though.

Let's not forget we have to do infinitely more defending than the likes of Man City and Chelsea.

I wouldn't play a wide forward on the left.

"Wingers" ffs.

Did you read what I said? Marveaux isn't talented enough to make up for his lack of defensive prowess. The likes of Silva, Mata are Ben Arfa are though.

Let's not forget we have to do infinitely more defending than the likes of Man City and Chelsea.

I wouldn't play a wide forward on the left.

So what formation are you suggesting we play, 4-4-2?

Who plays wide then?

This idea that you have to be world class to play as an attacking player in the world's most used formation is astonishing.

Whatever eleven Pardew starts, we'll have to have a positive approach, if not, this could very well become another frustrating shit display inviting Villa in, instead of taking the game to them and let them worry about us.

The bit in bold is what I think the majority of us want to see the most - To go out there and take the game to the opposition.

To be fair to Pardew, we have increasingly come out and done this, but our confidence has been fragile and we have more often than not ended up falling apart and fucking it up.

I see the signings of clearly strong characters like Mbiwa and Sissoko as a massive boost to our chances in this regard.

I would like to see the following side

Krul

Debuchy  MYM  Coloccini  Santon

Cabaye    Anita  Sissoko

Marveaux

Gouffran              Cisse

:fwap: