Beren

I would like to see the following side

Krul

Debuchy  MYM  Coloccini  Santon

Cabaye    Anita  Sissoko

Marveaux

Gouffran              Cisse

:fwap:

Can only be this, makes real sense to play that was So Banny can fit straight into the team when he's back.

The power of the début, you know what its like that first game seems to bring a little of everything from a player, not sure all four should start even though Santon needs a break.

cannot see Haidara starting but Mbiwa, Sissoko and Gourffran should all start.

Tino v Boro 1996 albeit from the bench

Cisse's debut goal was lovely

On Marv, he's not defensively minded enough for Pards and while I may disagree I think realistically Pards will either play him central or not at all. He does not like playing wingers who don't track back much no matter how skillful.

"Wingers" ffs.

If I were to say Marveaux can't play wide left instead then? I believe that's where you had him in your proposed obvious lineup?

I like Marveaux, but he doesn't have the ability to make up for not tracking back like Ben Arfa does. As we saw the last time he played wide.

I wouldn't pick my forward players based on how much tracking back they do. Did Man City pay 20 odd million for David Silva because he puts his foot in? ???

Who would you play in that role instead?

Did you read what I said? Marveaux isn't talented enough to make up for his lack of defensive prowess. The likes of Silva, Mata are Ben Arfa are though.

Let's not forget we have to do infinitely more defending than the likes of Man City and Chelsea.

I wouldn't play a wide forward on the left.

So what formation are you suggesting we play, 4-4-2?

Who plays wide then?

This idea that you have to be world class to play as an attacking player in the world's most used formation is astonishing.

I didn't say you have to be world class. You have to either be so good going forward that it doesn't matter how crap you are defensively, or you have to be prepared to do the defensive work. Especially in a team like ours that doesn't dominate most matches. That's just my opinion of course.

We've got two very attacking full backs and a lack of effective wide players (fit), so I'd play a diamond midfield with Anita holding, Sissoko and Cabaye in the middle and Marveaux as a #10 with a bit of room for rotation as they can all play in each position in a diamond.

The power of the début, you know what its like that first game seems to bring a little of everything from a player, not sure all four should start even though Santon needs a break.

On Marv, he's not defensively minded enough for Pards and while I may disagree I think realistically Pards will either play him central or not at all. He does not like playing wingers who don't track back much no matter how skillful.

"Wingers" ffs.

:thup: better tell Chelsea that Mata and Hazard are not wingers and best sub them..... He wouldn't be a "winger" anyway its possible to play someone outwide and him not to be stuck on the touchline all game.

By this logic we shouldn't play Ben Arfa either because he's not a winger either.

Sorry, like, but this post suggests you've not seen Marveaux play. He's nothing remotely like any of those players.

I think Pardew will start with Krul, Debuchy, Santon, Sissoko, Yanga-Mbiwa, Coloccini, Marveaux, Anita, Cisse, Cabaye & Jonas.

If he has a rush of blood he might put Gouffran in for Jonas but I think Jonas might be his one conservative approach rather than going all out for change, 2 players debuting will change quite a bit for us anyway.

The 11 I've mentioned are more than capable of getting a decent win away at Villa as long as we go for it whenever possible during the full 90 minutes.  If we're going to try and sit back at 0-0 or after taking a goal lead then we're giving them a chance of getting something from the game.

"Wingers" ffs.

If I were to say Marveaux can't play wide left instead then? I believe that's where you had him in your proposed obvious lineup?

I like Marveaux, but he doesn't have the ability to make up for not tracking back like Ben Arfa does. As we saw the last time he played wide.

I wouldn't pick my forward players based on how much tracking back they do. Did Man City pay 20 odd million for David Silva because he puts his foot in? ???

Did you read what I said? Marveaux isn't talented enough to make up for his lack of defensive prowess. The likes of Silva, Mata are Ben Arfa are though.

Let's not forget we have to do infinitely more defending than the likes of Man City and Chelsea.

Who plays wide then?

This idea that you have to be world class to play as an attacking player in the world's most used formation is astonishing.

I didn't say you have to be world class. You have to either be so good going forward that it doesn't matter how crap you are defensively, or you have to be prepared to do the defensive work. Especially in a team like ours that doesn't dominate most matches. That's just my opinion of course.

We've got two very attacking full backs and a lack of effective wide players (fit), so I'd play a diamond midfield with Anita holding, Sissoko and Cabaye in the middle and Marveaux as a #10 with a bit of room for rotation as they can all play in each position in a diamond.

Swansea play Routledge and Pablo Hernandez either side of Michu. Exactly which one of those "wingers" is doing the defending?

And play who up front? Cisse simply cannot play in a two.

"Wingers" ffs.

:thup: better tell Chelsea that Mata and Hazard are not wingers and best sub them..... He wouldn't be a "winger" anyway its possible to play someone outwide and him not to be stuck on the touchline all game.

By this logic we shouldn't play Ben Arfa either because he's not a winger either.

Sorry, like, but this post suggests you've not seen Marveaux play. He's nothing remotely like any of those players.

I'm saying AM's can play wide as long you give them freedom without any real problems, many clubs in this league play AM's wide and have them cutting inside.

Not saying he's anything like those players.

Swansea play Routledge and Pablo Hernandez either side of Michu. Exactly which one of those "wingers" is doing the defending?

Routledge tracks back well enough. Haven't seen enough of Hernández in this league to judge.

Routledge tracks back well enough. Haven't seen enough of Hernández in this league to judge.

Routledge pins teams back with his pace. 4-3-3 is perfect for him.

Yes. You'd think the same would apply for Obertan but I haven't seen anything to suggest it's the same for him.

Arguably one of the reasons Chelsea have been frail at the back has been their trident of attacking midfielders haven't done their share of defending exposing their full backs. I was merely commenting that Pardew won't play people wide without workrate, hence prefering Obertan to Ben arfa for a lot of last season. I think Pardew always likes to have wide players, and ones who can defend as well as attack, even if they cut in primarily rather than say wide.

Yes. You'd think the same would apply for Obertan but I haven't seen anything to suggest it's the same for him.

Obertan's just not as good, it's that simple sadly.

Arguably one of the reasons Chelsea have been frail at the back has been their trident of attacking midfielders haven't done their share of defending exposing their full backs. I was merely commenting that Pardew won't play people wide without workrate, hence prefering Obertan to Ben arfa for a lot of last season. I think Pardew always likes to have wide players, and ones who can defend as well as attack, even if they cut in primarily rather than say wide.

Obertan's doesn't have a work-rate man.

Obertan's work rate is dire.

"Wingers" ffs.

Who plays wide then?

And play who up front? Cisse simply cannot play in a two.

Both of them do defending tbf, the 2 SF games being a brilliant example of them almost forgoing their natural forward instinct to do a job for the team.

Obertan's doesn't have a work-rate man.

Disagree, he wasn't any good, but he tried...badly and ok wasn't that great. I retract somewhat.