Aston Villa vs Newcastle - 29/01/13 @ 7:45pm - Not on TV

Beren

Guest BrightonMag

Really looking forward to it, but very worried about the hype. It's just one game. Away. Against a desperate club. If we lose, and player X has started the game, then the calls will be for pardew to go, which will be silly really. The new signings will need a little longer to bed in. Having said that, we should see some good things from them tonight. It just worried me that this seems to be a 20 pointer and everyone assumes we should batter them. Football doesn't work like that.

Really looking forward to it, but very worried about the hype. It's just one game. Away. Against a desperate club. If we lose, and player X has started the game, then the calls will be for pardew to go, which will be silly really. The new signings will need a little longer to bed in. Having said that, we should see some good things from them tonight. It just worried me that this seems to be a 20 pointer and everyone assumes we should batter them. Football doesn't work like that.

The calls for Pardew's head began LONG before this match - a bad result here would simply be fuel to the existing flames...

4-2-3-1? or 4-4-2 with Marvs and Sissoko out wide ( :( )

Anything is better than recent pre-signings form but id much prefer 4-2-3-1, would be pretty sweet, though interested to see how effective Gouffran is out wide

Hence 1-4 to them & more flimsy excuses. Sissoko et al will have a field day in our pathetic midfield. I can't even bear to watch it in all honesty. Only chance we have for me is if we go 3-0 up & they have 2 men sent off.. then we might scrape a draw.

:lol: :lol: Villatalk.

Really, really worried about the starting lineup.

Not surprised to see Anita out of the team in these lineup predictions.

Once we got Sissoko, I felt he was the one most likely to be in trouble, as he is not the biggest. I can definitely see Pardew feeling this is a problem, and not appreciating any of his brilliant attributes. Once Tiote is back, Anita will be marked down to sub purple by the nitwit.

Now ... secondly, if this moron starts Steven Taylor ahead of Yanga-Mbiwa, honestly, I'll be sick. The sooner we can get Col and Mbiwa building a partnership the better, when better than against a team that is clearly struggling?

Guest BrightonMag

The calls for Pardew's head began LONG before this match - a bad result here would simply be fuel to the existing flames...

Yeah, my point was that he should be given at least a few games with the new guys, not one game.

Last time I was at Villa Park, I got sunburn and Oba Martins got a dead leg...and we got beat.

Angel. I thought Martins was dead and couldn't sleep.

We were all on the bus on the way home wondering if he'd ever play again. Soft cunt had a dead leg.