Aston Villa vs Newcastle - 29/01/13 @ 7:45pm - Not on TV

Beren

If we lose this we're definitely going down, instead of just probably going down.

:lol: How can this be anything other than kidology? I mean, it's still going to be tough, but you will probably have four new players at least, and you'll probably still not even be in the bottom three. There is absolutely no way to tell how you will do until they've had a couple of games to bed in (and you know the deal with Colo).

Krul

Debuchy Yanga-Mbiwa Coloccini Santon

Cabaye Anita Marveaux

Gouffran Cisse Obertan

Probably the best, although many people and Pardew will prefer Jonas to Obertan.

Krul

Cabaye Anita Marveaux

Gouffran Cisse Obertan

Can't see Gouffran starting. It's going to take him a fucking age to get used to the work rate and learn to track back if we are sticking him out wide.

Guest Roger Kint

Krul

Cabaye Anita Marveaux

Gouffran Cisse Obertan

Can't see Gouffran starting. It's going to take him a fucking age to get used to the work rate and learn to track back if we are sticking him out wide.

With that logic we wont be starting Obertan either then :lol:

Krul

Cabaye Anita Marveaux

Gouffran Cisse Obertan

Why? Just why?

Have to agree, just a completely pointless player for me. Never imposes himself on a game and never utilises his pace. Ian Harte is 35 and was never that quick anyway and yet not once did he have a proper run at him against Reading when he came on. Never does against anyone so whats the point in having any pace?

Krul

Cabaye Anita Marveaux

Gouffran Cisse Obertan

Why? Just why?

Guess you would rather have Jonas or Shola then.

Few times Obertan has played on the left hes done alright.

Have to admit, I don't mind seeing Cabaye deeper. Able to pick the ball up and spray it about, as well as offering his work rate in there. He doesn't have to be further forward to be effective.

Have to admit, I don't mind seeing Cabaye deeper. Able to pick the ball up and spray it about, as well as offering his work rate in there. He doesn't have to be further forward to be effective.

:thup: Aye being deep doesn't have to be snapping pitbull type he can be spraying passes about from that position too. I really liked how the Anita-Cabaye-Marveaux trio worked in the first half against Reading shame Pards didn't like all the positivity.

Guest icemanblue

Highlights how ridiculously the term 'hoofball' can be twisted, doesn't it? For me, I love to see midfielders pinging 40 yard balls out to the wingers, or lofting the ball in behind the defence and onto the strikers foot.