Aston Villa vs Newcastle - 29/01/13 @ 7:45pm - Not on TV

Beren

Never under estimate the power of the début

Krul

Debuchy  Mbiwa    Colo    Santon

Cabaye              Anita

Marv            Sissoko          Gouffran

Cisse

That's a good side there. Do you reckon he'll start the 3 of them though?

Why gouffran on the left where he apparently doesn't play and Marv on the right? Am I missing something. Anyway

Krul

Cissoko              Anita

Gouffran        Cabaye          Marv

Cisse

Krul

Cisse

There appears to be some serious movement and pace in that side like

Sissoko on the wing is the new Colo in midfield

He can play there - it's where he played when he came on for France vs Spain.

And in VI's words " He terrorised them " but yeah i'd rather he played in the middle if i'm honest and as far as the team goes i think Mbiwa and Sissoko will start but got a feeling Gouffran won't even though he should.

Although NUFC TV didn't help too much last week (bar the Taylor/Williamson selection) the footage of Pardew's press conference from today shows an 11v11 match with a proper referee and the teams were as follows:

Krul

Debuchy    S. Taylor    Coloccini    Santon

Anita        Cabaye

Sa. Ameobi      Marveaux      Ferguson

Cisse

vs.

Sh. Ameobi

Jonas      Amalfitano      Campbell

Bigirimana        Perch

Haidara    Yanga-Mbiwa    Williamson    Tavernier

Alnwick

Read into that what you will.

Personally I'm assuming Sammy and Fergie are placeholders for Obertan and Gouffran, although I'm not sure why Gabby wasn't in the session.

Krul

Cisse

Why gouffran on the left where he apparently doesn't play and Marv on the right? Am I missing something. Anyway

Krul

Cisse

:sweetjesus:

Guest Slippery Sam

Last week I would have said this was a 'must win' game.  I no longer think it is.  These signings should transform our team and, I think, will gel enough in the coming weeks to get enough points to keep us up. 

I still want us to thrash Villa, of course, but I wont be distraught if it goes against us.  Probably end up being  draw.

Last week I would have said this was a 'must win' game.  I no longer think it is.  These signings should transform our team and, I think, will gel enough in the coming weeks to get enough points to keep us up. 

I still want us to thrash Villa, of course, but I wont be distraught if it goes against us.  Probably end up being  draw.

I think it is must win because it will lift us so much going into the Chelsea and Spurs games

Lambert surely gone if we beat them. Not least after tonight's result.

Krul

Cisse

Best possible team, as mentioned.  Mapou depends on how fit Saylor is. I think he will start as there is as much risk in re-injuring Saylor as Mapou not settling immediately, latter is less of a liabilty to us imo.

I think Sissoko commands a starting place but we shall see. Gouffran will probably be on the bench. I am going to say that the above will be the team but with Jonas in for Gouffran. 

Bobby Gould saying on talksport that at set pieces Villa are "putrid"  :lol:

Worse than us? :lol:

Truly dreadful.

Honestly, we are shocking. In the space of five weeks, I have lost all faith in the chairman, and am pretty much at breaking point with the manager.

We are pathetic. We are not only going to get relegated, we will finish bottom. I am aware how shit you have been of late, I have seen some of your matches, and really, right now, I'd back Sandwell and District Paper Boys XI to cause us havoc at set pieces.

Honestly, I am so angry right now, I could punch a hole in the fucking wall.

I have known some terrible Villa sides, but the last five or six weeks or so is the worst spell of utter, utter shite I have ever seen.

It is pathetic.

Not only that, we are now getting the crowd turning on the team. 2,000 of them trekked to fucking Milwall tonight to be subjected to that shite, at the end of the game, the players come to applaud the fans, the fans apparently waved them away.

It's utterly, utterly wretched.

Can see Pardew using this formation

Krul

Debuchey    Mbiwa  Colo    Santon

Sissoko      Cabaye  Anita  Jonas

Marv

Cisse

:anguish:

Bobby Gould saying on talksport that at set pieces Villa are "putrid"  :lol:

Worse than us? :lol:

Truly dreadful.

Honestly, we are shocking. In the space of five weeks, I have lost all faith in the chairman, and am pretty much at breaking point with the manager.

We are pathetic. We are not only going to get relegated, we will finish bottom. I am aware how s*** you have been of late, I have seen some of your matches, and really, right now, I'd back Sandwell and District Paper Boys XI to cause us havoc at set pieces.

Honestly, I am so angry right now, I could punch a hole in the f***ing wall.

I have known some terrible Villa sides, but the last five or six weeks or so is the worst spell of utter, utter s**** I have ever seen.

It is pathetic.

Not only that, we are now getting the crowd turning on the team. 2,000 of them trekked to f***ing Milwall tonight to be subjected to that s****, at the end of the game, the players come to applaud the fans, the fans apparently waved them away.

It's utterly, utterly wretched.

To be fair mate Agbonlahor and Benteke on the day can still cause anyone problems. I think the home pressure is a big factor though in the same way it affected us 2nd half against Reading. Pardew brought it on himself but once it started to slip away you could feel how predictable it all was.

Not if you don't get them the ball, they won't.

We are utterly pathetic and getting worse by the game. We're even worse at home, you're right there.

If you can't beat us, with maybe a couple of your new signings in place, then I genuinely fear you'll be heading the same place we are.

The last week has just been the icing of pure, dessicated dog shit on a cake of vomit.

Not if you don't get them the ball, they won't.

We are utterly pathetic and getting worse by the game. We're even worse at home, you're right there.

If you can't beat us, with maybe a couple of your new signings in place, then I genuinely fear you'll be heading the same place we are.

The last week has just been the icing of pure, dessicated dog shit on a cake of vomit.

:lol:

Christ man. Feel for ya, not nice seeing the team you love torture you endlessly with baffling decisions and shit performances.

Hope we smash you to bits on Tuesday though tbh, soz.

We are doing a carbon copy of you in your relegation year.

We will probably now sack Lambert and appoint Tony Morley or something fucking stupid.

I am without words. I genuinely don't think I can care any more. The club is getting torn apart, there was a decent amount of support for the manager, but the support for the chairman is absolutely zero.

Will folk accept Pardew should be sacked if we don't win this?

At least you are doing something about your plight and getting decent players in. If Pardew then can't improve things, then you have to wonder if he deserves to be in the job.

Our manager, on the other hand, is getting no support, and the team is sinking fast.

If you can't profit from our current mental state, then really, you'd have to be truly poor.

Yeah that's what I was alluding too, at least we've given our manager players meaning he can have no excuse. You can't even get that, I know the penny pinching is a good thing but the chairman must surely assess the current plight and think it's better to spend a few bob now instead of losing millions through relegation?

What I mean man, it's heartbreaking stuff 'cos as a fan, there's literally nothing you can do but sit there with your head in your hands seeing your team get fucked up due to huge incompetence.

Said all season since the summer that they're the worst team in the division by some distance. We need to be fucking battering these.

Until about five weeks ago, we weren't, in fact we weren't even near to being the worst side in the league.

In the period since then, we have been the worst side in the league by an absolute mile.