Aston Villa vs Newcastle - 29/01/13 @ 7:45pm - Not on TV

Beren

Villa must be very, very low on confidence, whereas you've signed a succession of good players this week, providing what must be a massive boost. Everything points to you winning.

1-1.

I hope there aren't too many people expecting us to go there and walk this fixture with the new signings. This place will be a nightmare next tuesday at 10pm if we don't with people throwing the towel in and giving it "that's it life is over, boo hoo hoo". You can't legislate for dodgy ref decisions, lucky deflections, inspired keeper performances. Hell Villa might somehow come out and throw the kitchen sink at it and turn in a proper backs to the wall performance (god forbid) The signs are positive with the squad additions but I still see this as a very difficult match...we haven't won away from home all season ff. If we win a dull match 1-0 that'll do.

I'll say now that I think Pardew needs to go, just so when I say it after the match you won't think I'm 'throwing in the towel'.

I knew you already wanted Pardew out anyway :lol:

Villa must be very, very low on confidence, whereas you've signed a succession of good players this week, providing what must be a massive boost. Everything points to you winning.

1-1.

I hope there aren't too many people expecting us to go there and walk this fixture with the new signings. This place will be a nightmare next tuesday at 10pm if we don't with people throwing the towel in and giving it "that's it life is over, boo hoo hoo". You can't legislate for dodgy ref decisions, lucky deflections, inspired keeper performances. Hell Villa might somehow come out and throw the kitchen sink at it and turn in a proper backs to the wall performance (god forbid) The signs are positive with the squad additions but I still see this as a very difficult match...we haven't won away from home all season ff. If we win a dull match 1-0 that'll do.

I'll say now that I think Pardew needs to go, just so when I say it after the match you won't think I'm 'throwing in the towel'.

I knew you already wanted Pardew out anyway :lol:

on his ear :thup:

Without tempting fate, I think the players you've bought mean you won't get relegated, and will finish perhaps in the top 10. Well, that's my prediction anyway. I don't think it'll necessarily mean you'll suddenly win the next few games so some patience might be needed.

Without tempting fate, I think the players you've bought mean you won't get relegated, and will finish perhaps in the top 10. Well, that's my prediction anyway, without tempting fate, I think the players you've bought mean you won't get relegated, and will finish perhaps in the top 10.

FYP

Guest magtrev

1-1.

If we win a dull match 1-0 I will be ecstatic. This match will either give us a lifeline to get out of this bottom of the table relegation s**** or by what I can see go till at least the end of February without gaining a point.

Without tempting fate, I think the players you've bought mean you won't get relegated, and will finish perhaps in the top 10. Well, that's my prediction anyway, without tempting fate, I think the players you've bought mean you won't get relegated, and will finish perhaps in the top 10.

FYP

:lol: Very good.

Without tempting fate, I think the players you've bought mean you won't get relegated, and will finish perhaps in the top 10. Well, that's my prediction anyway. I don't think it'll necessarily mean you'll suddenly win the next few games so some patience might be needed.

I don't think we will finish in the top 10 this season, if all goes well we could be close to it but I think over all the best we will do this season 11th-12th.

I don't think we will finish in the top 10 this season, if all goes well we could be close to it but I thinker over the best we will do this season 11th-12th.

Agreed. 11-12 would be best case scenario.

I don't think we will finish in the top 10 this season, if all goes well we could be close to it but I thinker over the best we will do this season 11th-12th.

Agreed. 11-12 would be best case scenario.

And finishing above 'them' so we don't have to listen to a summer of NETD shite while the forage about signing Aiden McGeady for £15m.

Guest ItalianMagpie

The problem is that there aren't so many games left to be patient. After Villa we have Spurs and Chelsea, that are still better than us despite the signings.

Plus, the game with Villa is a 6 pointer, if we lose (after giving a boost to Reading as well) we're in deep shit.

I worry from Pardews comments in Sunday Sun today that he won't start any of them which would be a total fucking joke.

He has to at least start Gouffran I reckon in place of Shola and I would be shocked if Sissokho and Mbiwa never played unless he puts Taylor in at Centre Half (If Williamson is there I will cry)

Guest bimpy474

I worry from Pardews comments in Sunday Sun today that he won't start any of them which would be a total fucking joke.

He has to at least start Gouffran I reckon in place of Shola and I would be shocked if Sissokho and Mbiwa never played unless he puts Taylor in at Centre Half (If Williamson is there I will cry)

Aye, with some of his previous selections you wouldn't put it past him, surely he isn't that thick though ?.

If he does then he needs sacking just for that.

I worry from Pardews comments in Sunday Sun today that he won't start any of them which would be a total f***ing joke.

Aye, with some of his previous selections you wouldn't put it past him, surely he isn't that thick though ?.

You would hope he isn't that stupid after shouting for signings. To now get them and then leave them on the bench would be shocking. If nothing else I think Sissokho and Mbiwa should start with maybe Marv left wing and Oberwank on the right but I suspect he will opt for Shola again and he loves Jonas.

Please prove me wrong Pards, do the right thing and lets roll over these not roll over for these

He's also said he's told them that they need to hit the ground running, no time to ease in.

Pardew has made some shocking selection/sub decisions over his time here, but I honestly can't see him being stupid enough to start Shola and Willo.

One of his assets is his man management skills - coming out and saying 'yea well the bloke i've needed to start at CB most of the season isn't up to it so he won't even be on the bench on tues' would be ridiculous, even if it is true.

Perhaps it's just me being naive and hoping.

He didn't.

He said 'It is about the energising of the group. You have to understand that even if the new guys don’t play against Villa, they have already made an impact'

That does not equate to non of the new signings will start at Villa.

He's also said he's told them that they need to hit the ground running, no time to ease in.

Pardew has made some shocking selection/sub decisions over his time here, but I honestly can't see him being stupid enough to start Shola and Willo.

One of his assets is his man management skills - coming out and saying 'yea well the bloke i've needed to start at CB most of the season isn't up to it so he won't even be on the bench on tues' would be ridiculous, even if it is true.

Perhaps it's just me being naive and hoping.

Hopefully or he hopes that having them on the bench will put the shitters up Shola, Williamson and Jonas that if their shit (Snigger) they may be out the team, hoping that all the players lift their game.

Seriously I think he genuinely believes that competition for places will make Shola play like Drogba, Willo like Cannavaro and Jonas like Messi - obviously I hope he has some common sense in his head that an up for it Sissokho and Mbiwa will lift Cabaye, Debuchy, Cisse etc to beat these fuckers

I worry from Pardews comments in Sunday Sun today that he won't start any of them which would be a total f***ing joke.

He didn't.

He said 'It is about the energising of the group. You have to understand that even if the new guys don’t play against Villa, they have already made an impact'

That does not equate to non of the new signings will start at Villa.

This is a pardism and essentially means "I love Shola bitches and my man Willo will rock that shit at the back"

Guest bimpy474

You would hope he isn't that stupid after shouting for signings. To now get them and then leave them on the bench would be shocking. If nothing else I think Sissokho and Mbiwa should start with maybe Marv left wing and Oberwank on the right but I suspect he will opt for Shola again and he loves Jonas.

Please prove me wrong Pards, do the right thing and lets roll over these not roll over for these

My worry is he might stick with the same players, challenging them to perfrom. Now that isn't a bad idea but players like Williamson and Ameobi aren't good enough, even if they are playing well.

Like you say, hope he does the right thing and puts some of the new players in, it'll be nice to see some pace.

Final guess for the line-up:

Krul                                     

Yanga-Mbiwa                  Coloccini                     

Debuchy                                                      Santon                               

Sissoko        Anita        Cabaye                     

Marveaux                                                        Jonas       

Cisse                 

Final guess for the line-up:

Krul                                     

Yanga-Mbiwa                  Coloccini                     

Debuchy                                                      Santon                               

Sissoko        Anita        Cabaye                     

Marveaux                                                        Jonas       

Cisse                 

Would be happy with that I reckon

My guess:

Krul

Debuchy      Yanga-Mbiwa                    Coloccini            Santon

Anita                            Cabaye

Gouffran                      Marveaux                        Jonas

Cisse

Bench:

Elliott, Haidara, Taylor, Sissoko, Perch, Obertan, Sh :anguish: la

My worry is he might stick with the same players, challenging them to perfrom. Now that isn't a bad idea but players like Williamson and Ameobi aren't good enough, even they are playing well.

Like you say, hope he does the right thing and puts some of the new players in, it'll be nice to see some pace.

The one player I can't see starting under any circumstances is Williamson. Pardew must know he's the seriously weak link in the side above all else. Taylor is coming off a long standing hamstring injury so unless he's absolutely 100% I think Mbiwa will start and would be the sensible option. I have this awful nagging feeling that Pardew might go with Jonas instead of Sissoko but at the very least Jonas will have to pull his finger out.

I'd like to see:

Krul

Debuchy    Mbiwa    Colo      Santon

Anita      Cabaye    Sissoko

Gouffran    Cisse    Marv

I think we might see Jonas or Obertan instead of Gouffran though, with G coming off the bench second half. Actually fuck it I've given up trying to work out who Pardew will start :lol: