Aston Villa vs Newcastle - 29/01/13 @ 7:45pm - Not on TV

Beren

for all we know Anita may have picked up a slight knock in the last few days and not 100% fit.

I am happy with the team, the back 4 is what i expected after the squad had the practice match last week and one of the teams lined up with the back 5 that has been picked tonight.

Went for Perch's solidity rather than Anita's passing abillity will be Pardews downfall tonight. Blokes a tit.

It's a -ve move.  Did the same at Reading and it came back to bite us.

Still absolutely fucking desperate for new players in our key creative positions.

Reduced to playing a fucking defensive midfielder as a wide forward. AGAIN.

And Perch ahead of Anita man. James Perch! Think of that. :lol:

Yeah that's got me stumped. Pards loves a tackler though doesn't he, so was pretty predictable tbh. Banging the drum again but imagine this side with an attack minded manager :anguish:

Team looks fine to me, explained a few times why I understood if Taylor got the nod and it sounds like Marveaux would have started so it would make sense to have a bit more of a conservative midfielder (Perch) amongst those who should be playing further forward.

If Marveaux was injured in the warm up it was probably too late to completely change the way we had set up to go out.