Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

Why so many wanting Martinez? Sure his talk about 'philosophy' and his emphasis on passing is appealing, but he hasn't managed to establish wigan as a safe premier league team. His relegation exploits might be useful short term I suppose, but he wouldn't be my choice on a permanent basis. Regardless of Wigan'a considerable limitations, he hasn't done anything there to suggest he could get us challenging regularly for Europe in a few years time.

Agreed.

To be frank, I remember his Swansea side and it was pretty great; quite a few promotions too, so he knows how to manage a team that aims to win every game, not one only worried about relegation.

That Swansea team playing in League One was one of the best teams I have seen. Look at Wigans first XI the fact they are in the Premier League Speaks volumes for his ability. Its the old getting players to play above their level. Imagine Ben Arfa, Cabaye etc playing above their level. Also we'd be a decent footballing side. That being said im not sure he'd have any immediate impact and thats what we need at the moment.

NolbertoSolano: I will be in England from Feb 12th and ready to help the club if they need my help

Nolberto Solano @NolbertoSolano

Guppy is crossing coach at Mackems to maybe I can do job somewhere?

:fwap:

Still unconvinced it's him like.

Nolberto Solano @NolbertoSolano

Guppy is crossing coach at Mackems to maybe I can do job somewhere?

:fwap:

Still unconvinced it's him like.

Pretty sure it is, he seems to have exchanged messages with lots of footballers (and Piers Morgan).

I love how he's played for five teams over here, but we're "the club".

Apologies :blush:

Was just trying to show that Rijkaard didn't just ride the wave, he took over at a difficult time. Much more difficult than when Pep became manager, for example.

:lol: Tbf, a retarded panda could guide Barca to a top-2 finish with those players and depth.

Was just trying to show that Rijkaard didn't just ride the wave, he took over at a difficult time. Much more difficult than when Pep became manager, for example.

:lol: Tbf, a retarded panda could guide Barca to a top-2 finish with those players and depth.

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t281/pandaandrea/Panda/Retarded_Panda.png

'Why sure, ah bin dun wut you said the same on FIFA already'

Enough to guide you to salvation with the players you have too :snod:

Current unemployed managers

1: Bert Van Marjick

2: Rijkaard

3. Di Matteo

4: Blanc

5: Adkins

I wouldn't touch Bert Van Marjick with a barge pole - he's as non-Dutch as any Netherland's manager i've seen in the top job. He did a Pardew on their n.t., and that he succesfully managed to get a technically gifted squad (with some cracking attacking talent at his disposal) to play junk/anti-football. In this respect he has the Pardew Midas Touch, and encompasses negativity.

Enough to guide you to salvation with the players you have too :snod:

Unfortunately :lol:

3. Di Matteo

I wouldn't touch Bert Van Marjick with a barge pole - he's as non-Dutch as any Netherland's manager i've seen in the top job. He did a Pardew on their n.t., and that he succesfully managed to get a technically gifted squad (with some cracking attacking talent at his disposal) to play junk/anti-football. In this respect he has the Pardew Midas Touch, and encompasses negativity.

What a load of crap. During his time at the Holland national team he has broken just about every possible record and had us playing very good football at times. You must have only watched the WC final and Euro campaign and made an argument based on those few matches in isolation to come to such a ridiculous conclusion.

A foreign manager when we are struggling against relegation could be a disaster unless he's had previous experience here I reckon.

http://wfcolumns.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/houllier-looking-over-his-shoulder.jpg

http://u.goal.com/122900/122929hp2.jpg

3. Di Matteo

What a load of crap. During his time at the Holland national team he has broken just about every possible record and had us playing very good football at times. You must have only watched the WC final and Euro campaign and made an argument based on those few matches in isolation to come to such a ridiculous conclusion.

I'm not writing off his tourney qualification record, because that is pointless if you want to look at it like that, in isolation from a stats angle. Unforgiveable that VBM never gave his charges a chance at the WC final, and i thought they flattered to deceive in the earlier rounds too.  And his tightening of the shackles at the Euros (inviting opp teams to apply pressure, and outplay them), with the technical ability at his disposal in midfield, shed some light into the mentality of the man ie. not backing the team's strengths in crunch situations. in this context i don't rate him that much higher than Pards. He's higher profile, with the cv to match,  but he exudes negativity on the big occasion.

On a footballing philosophy basis, and.believing in it & trusting the talent at one's disposal in the crunch, he's not fit to lace the boots of Rijkard (who doesnt get enough credit for what Pep inherited & built on at barca) et al - irrespective of records, and some of the up & coming managers mentioned in this thread (and others), notably Laudrup.