Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

Completely disagree with the need of a defensive manager, now is the time to address things long term.

Objective 1 is to get some belief and confidence and positivity and team spirit back.

Objective 2 is to get the players and team to reach their potential and push back up the league.

With the structure the club have put in place, I still think a Director of Football is needed, trouble is to date it has been Wise and Kinnear, poor choices.

I would appoint Chris Hughton as Director of Football Coaching and at the same time use him as an interim solution to get the team gelling and looking up, whilst a more long term appointment is being decided.

Moyes' stock is at its lowest and he'd not require compensation. It must hurt to be an unemployed manager when the season goes on without you. Ashley has approached him before, right? It all makes sense.

i think moyes will be his first move 100%, he'll offer him a middling basic and good performance-related to get him near a decent PL salary

moyes will be flush after 10 years at everton and a manyoo payoff, he might just take it

I think Moyes would love to manage Newcastle and I think we'd probably offer him a decent wage. But he'd want far more input on the players we sign and I don't think he'd agree with our transfer policy. Just can't see it for that reason.

Remember when brummie told us of the s**** that O'Neill would serve up at Sunderland? We didn't listen. He was proven right.

Take heed of my warning. You do not want Steve Bruce managing your football team.

Of course we don't want Bruce FFS.

He is an improvement on Pardew and expectations are so low these days Bruce looks like a knight in shining armour.

The last thing we need is another defensively minded manager. If we are going to lose a game then I'm sure we'd all rather watch a 4-3 defeat rather than a 1-0 defeat (or the 4-0 defeats we often get). Hell, we might even win a game if we attacked.

My wish list for a new manager: -

Don't be negative b******.

Be able to inspire confidence and belief in the players.

Have a clue about tactics.

Don't big up the opposition (no matter who the opposition are) before we play them.

Before playing Sunderland don't say you hope they stay up.

Bring in qualified coaches.

I have my doubts about Moyes. Having said that, I have no idea who Ashley would go for. His main criteria for a new manager is probably getting someone he doesn't have to pay compensation for.

The last thing we need is another defensively minded manager. If we are going to lose a game then I'm sure we'd all rather watch a 4-3 defeat rather than a 1-0 defeat (or the 4-0 defeats we often get). Hell, we might even win a game if we attacked.

My wish list for a new manager: -

Don't be negative b******.

Be able to inspire confidence and belief in the players.

Have a clue about tactics.

Don't big up the opposition (no matter who the opposition are) before we play them.

Bring in qualified coaches.

I have my doubts about Moyes. Having said that, I have no idea who Ashley would go for. His main criteria for a new manager is probably getting someone he doesn't have to pay compensation for.

Take it you didn't like Bobby Robson then?

Good article that, and he sounds like the exact opposite of Pardew, I'm not sure how he would manage in the Premier league tho and if he would be given time to mould our pardewed cloggers into a passing team the likes of Barca and Munich

Take it you didn't like Bobby Robson then?

I was more thinking of Pardew who always said it just before we played them. We'd then lose giving them the points to make sure they didn't get relegated.

Sunderland staying up or not is not our concern. I'm sure Bobby Robson will have meant it from a "It's good for the North East to have all our clubs in the Premiership" point of view.

Completely disagree with the need of a defensive manager, now is the time to address things long term.

Objective 1 is to get some belief and confidence and positivity and team spirit back.

Objective 2 is to get the players and team to reach their potential and push back up the league.

With the structure the club have put in place, I still think a Director of Football is needed, trouble is to date it has been Wise and Kinnear, poor choices.

I would appoint Chris Hughton as Director of Football Coaching and at the same time use him as an interim solution to get the team gelling and looking up, whilst a more long term appointment is being decided.

Statistics show that in order to escape relegation, it is more important to not concede than score a lot. We have been bum raped so often I really think we need someone to organize the defense first. Not necessarily defensive, but someone who can tell our defenders what to do and when.

ATM we are keeping the ball and doing nothing with, when we lose possession it's always a dangerous attack for the opposition. Relegation is certain with that defense.

Ashley will look for a manager that has no compo to pay, is desperate to get back into football, will work for peanuts and will follow any orders in the hope that he can restore his crippled reputation.

David Moyes ticks a few of these boxes but the more likely candidate is Malky Mackay

Moyes' stock is at its lowest and he'd not require compensation. It must hurt to be an unemployed manager when the season goes on without you. Ashley has approached him before, right? It all makes sense.

i think moyes will be his first move 100%, he'll offer him a middling basic and good performance-related to get him near a decent PL salary

moyes will be flush after 10 years at everton and a manyoo payoff, he might just take it

I think Moyes would love to manage Newcastle and I think we'd probably offer him a decent wage. But he'd want far more input on the players we sign and I don't think he'd agree with our transfer policy. Just can't see it for that reason.

Moyes would definitely want control over transfer policy but he worked well with a limited budget at Everton, which is something that might appeal. If we can give Moyes a reasonable wage and certain guarantees, I reckon he'd come.

Moyes would definitely want control over transfer policy but he worked well with a limited budget at Everton, which is something that might appeal. If we can give Moyes a reasonable wage and certain guarantees, I reckon he'd come.

So thats a no then.

Put simply there is no way in hell Moyes would come here, his next job is very important to show the Man Utd thing was a blip with factors outside his control blah blah blah and he needs to show yes he is still a brilliant manager, with that in mind why would he work for Mike Ashley who's ambition extends to collecting tv cash? That won't make him look good.

Moyes, Mclaren, Bruce, Pulis whoever...They all have faults and issues but at least they aren't this cunt.

Wonder if the situation at Fulham may be of benfit to us? Pardew's 'stock' is still higher down sarf, so maybe just maybe....once Penfold gets the push??

Happily take Bruce or Mclaren myself. At this moment in time. With things as they are.

Moyes would want to be able to buy his own players. That's not how we do things any more so I don't see how he could possibly come unless there is a change in policy.

Ashley will look for a manager that has no compo to pay, is desperate to get back into football, will work for peanuts and will follow any orders in the hope that he can restore his crippled reputation.

David Moyes ticks a few of these boxes but the more likely candidate is Malky Mackay

Agreed. Moyes won't be a puppet and he'll want a competitive salary. Won't happen.

We'll be in for Sherwood's and the like.

Sherwood has fallen foul or wanting to take his staff with him to other clubs hasn't he?

the two jobs he was linked with (WBA and Palace) are also ones which don't really let the manager control transfers so doubt he'd agree to work under that sort of system as he'd have to here

Mike Ashley:

Really don't see him paying any money for a manager. So anyone employed - forget about it.

The person he hires will be working with what they're given, so it will be someone for whom NUFC is a big step up.

He's not seriously looked at a foreign manager yet, so anyone unfamiliar with British football is unlikely.

He has a penchant for bringing people in from the footballing cold

Yep - shoot out between Sherwood, Pulis, Hoddle & Lennon. Might try and get Gary Neville or someone.

Sherwood has fallen foul or wanting to take his staff with him to other clubs hasn't he?

the two jobs he was linked with (WBA and Palace) are also ones which don't really let the manager control transfers so doubt he'd agree to work under that sort of system as he'd have to here

We are a fair bit bigger and work with larger budgets. He's a cockney too which is a bonus for Fatty.