Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

I think I'd prefer Hoddle. I like his style.

Interesting... Why I've always thought SM would be a good choice is wider experience and record along with he would settle in the North East and fit our club model as it stands better... And I like the way his teams play football which is the most important...

@CaulkinTheTimes

#Nufc want Pardew's successor to be 'head coach' rather than manager - a tracksuit boss whose priority will be improving the players he has.

Surely they have to consult Carr then?

Praise The Lord!

Actually giving this some thought then, and looking for someone that actually fits the clubs recruitment approach.

Liking the sound of that.

I would gladly take McClaren like, he wouldn't be my first choice, but atleast he seems to play some decent football, and seems like a decent bloke, which makes him 1000x better then Pardew.

From September:

The Daily Telegraph understands that Ashley does like Bruce, but he is also a big admirer of Steve McClaren, the Derby County manager, and the club have approached David Moyes in the past about becoming their manager. Moyes is out of work after he was sacked by Manchester United in April and may see Newcastle as a good club with which to return to the Premier League. McClaren is seen as the best coach of the three, while Ashley is conscious of the fact that both Bruce and Moyes would like control of transfer policy, something Pardew has never been given on Tyneside.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/newcastle-united/11095721/Newcastle-United-owner-Mike-Ashley-resists-calls-to-sack-manager-Alan-Pardew.html

Guest firetotheworks

I don't want Bruce like and I can't lie, it's 90% to do with Ben Arfa and 10% because he's shit.

McClaren would be good...I often think he's terrible, he seems a bit of a wet flannel and England did him no favours, but I dunno, is this his level?

Hoddle's managerial record doesn't really fill me with excitement tbh. Neither does McClaren (I'd rather have him over any other of the Pulis/Bruce/Worthington-gang). I really want a foreign, non-British manager/head coach whatever, because I can't name one really really good British manager that would come here at the moment.

Hoddle's managerial record doesn't really fill me with excitement tbh. Neither does McClaren (I'd rather have him over any other of the Pulis/Bruce/Worthington-gang). I really want a foreign, non-British manager/head coach whatever, because I can't name one really really good British manager that would come here at the moment.

Guest firetotheworks

Hoddle man. Bloke is a complete nutjob and a sweaty pig to boot. Would be a horrifying appointment.

Until he's our manager then you'll forget all that and support him regardless.

Hoddle man. Bloke is a complete nutjob and a sweaty pig to boot. Would be a horrifying appointment.

Whey aye, unless it's Joseph Goebbels they'll get a chance.

He'd sort out our right wing problem

Whey aye, unless it's Joseph Goebbels they'll get a chance.

He'd sort out our right wing problem

:lol: