Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

Dortmund holding a press conference amidst rumours that Klopp is leaving in the summer. Gutted but maybe it's time for Klopp to visit Tyneside?

:yao:

If Tuschel isn't now the Dortmund manager I'd be shocked

I just can't see Ashley hiring a foreign manager going off his previous appointments. Steve McClaren looks far more like his type of appointment and I'd be genuinely surprised if he isn't the next Newcastle boss. Some previous pedigree, limited ambition, and a nice safe, boring and low budget choice.

City bound surely.

I'm not sure that City would be the right fit for Klopp. He seems the highly-strung maverick type and I don't know how well he'd deal with the politics of the club and all the overpaid prima donnas in the squad.

I'd love him to come here, but he'll get better offers.

What's gone wrong at Dortmund? You don't normally expect a club that size to slip from top to bottom in one season. Not these days.

The daft thing is Tuchel or Klopp is exactly the sort of appointment that would get the sceptical back onside again. Exciting managers who would inject some passion back into the club, and probably well within Ashley's tight arse budget. If you didn't want to hire Keegan himself, these would probably be the next best version of a similar mindset.

City bound surely.

I'm not sure that City would be the right fit for Klopp. He seems the highly-strung maverick type and I don't know how well he'd deal with the politics of the club and all the overpaid prima donnas in the squad.

I'd love him to come here, but he'll get better offers.

What's gone wrong at Dortmund? You don't normally expect a club that size to slip from top to bottom in one season. Not these days.

He'll get better offers from clubs that play exclusively on Sundays you lunatic.

Guest antz1uk

There's no way on earth any manager of decent calibre is coming to this club, they gave it to Carver as a test to see if he could manage to be 'average' which in their eyes would have meant over a season being able to keep them out of the relegation zone, fortunately it is not proving the case as he is completely incompetent. there is already strong rumours suggesting a manager was interviewed before they gave him it and he was told his remit was no higher than 8th and no lower than 17th.

These are known liars who have absolutely no ambition for this club whatsoever and i see nothing in the future that will change this. It will be someone that is a plodder and happy to be their shield to deflect all crticisms

So desperate for some good news. Just so frustrating. All they have to do right now is hire a decent, well thought out manager, and there would be so much hope.

still praying for you my man, see left hash.

Bild confirm Tuchel already signed a contract to be the next Dortmund manager.

Interesting that Tuchel agreed already for HSV, with Dortmund being a real option in the summer. But if he is holding for Bayern Munchen, then Dortmund is not an option. Can see Klopp switching to England next summer with Liverpool and Manchester City as potential clubs. And it wouldn't be bad for Dortmund at this point, as it seems that Klopp can't change it around at the moment for them.

Have to quote my previous post about this situation. Speculation is that the reason Tuchel's deal with HSV didn't go through was because Dortmund got involved. Rumours say that it's 4-year-deal with Dortmund.