Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

Jémez says in an interview that talks with Rayo have hit a wall, and that he doesn't believe he's gonna stay there. Says he's got offers. Says he would like to manage in the premier league.

West Ham it is.

Don't understand why people would want Laudrup and couldn't stand the thought of mcclaren. Their records are pretty similar.

Seriously, you "don't understand" that? :lol:

nope. care to explain what this huge difference is? between wanting one and detesting the other?

This opinion might be a little optimistic and bases entirely on hope but I don't think we're such an ugly prospect for a young manager with ambition. Assuming we stay up Mike will have to spend some decent money even just to get the club back to a safe midtable position. I also don't think the squad is too bad, we've just been left woefully under staffed with a group of coaches with absolutely no tactical know how. If you look at all of the other relegation contenders there's not many from those squads who you'd think will definitely be on the move in the summer. Even if you just take a few players from the squad like Krul, Tiote, Perez, Cabella, Sissoko and Janmaat we have a fairly talented core of players that have performed at two or three times the level of what they're currently producing. Couple that with that fact that if we do stay up we will have an absolutely abhorrent points total while producing some of the most turgid ineffective football going. It wouldn't be too hard for someone to come in who has even the slightest element of tactical know how and make themselves look very impressive.

Obviously this is solely dependent on staying up and Mike spending to keep us in the league next year. Neither are certainties.

God post St1pe.  The last line may be a bit of a stumbling block though  :lol:

Their stature in the game. You'd much rather play under European Cup winner and one of the best footballers in recent times  Laudrup than McClaren surely?

maybe, yeah, i can see that point.

im not saying laudrup is a bad manager by the way, im just saying his record is pretty similar to mcclarens, domestic cup win etc.

i just cant see why people are saying yes to laudrup and treating mcclaren like hes the worst thing in the world.

theyve both had ups and downs, pretty similar records, except laudrup doesnt last 5 mins anywhere he goes.

if you're basing it on managerial ability and record, theres not a lot of difference.

McClarren is also well known for playing shit football, there's just no excitement at all to be had from his appointment. Laudrup could very well fail horribly, but at least he would try to get us playing the right way, which is a start to getting me interested in the game again.

It's Hatem Ben Arfa vs Gouffran (even before it was apparent he was totally useless), basically.

McClarren is also well known for playing s*** football, there's just no excitement at all to be had from his appointment. Laudrup could very well fail horribly, but at least he would try to get us playing the right way, which is a start to getting me interested in the game again.

It's Hatem Ben Arfa vs Gouffran (even before it was apparent he was totally useless), basically.

fair point.

in terms of record though, laudrup is as much a mixed bag as mcclaren, in fact, mcclaren has probably achieved more with his twente league win, but I take the point entirely on style.

derby are meant to play this free flowing on the floor attacking football, which ive never seen whenever ive watched them.

McClarren is also well known for playing s*** football, there's just no excitement at all to be had from his appointment. Laudrup could very well fail horribly, but at least he would try to get us playing the right way, which is a start to getting me interested in the game again.

fair point.

in terms of record though, laudrup is as much a mixed bag as mcclaren, in fact, mcclaren has probably achieved more with his twente league win, but I take the point entirely on style.

derby are meant to play this free flowing on the floor attacking football, which ive never seen whenever ive watched them.

Aye I think Wullie (?) posted a link up to a rams forum where they were lamenting his play style. I haven't watched them under him tbf, but my memories of him aren't too great.

I've seen Derby at least 5 times since pardew left. Awful brand of football consistently.

I also saw Laudrup's Swansea against Palace the season he was sacked in the flesh. The performance was average even though they won comfortably. But the style of play was great.

Lovejoy is nuts.

I've seen Derby at least 5 times since pardew left. Awful brand of football consistently.

I also saw Laudrup's Swansea against Palace the season he was sacked in the flesh. The performance was average even though they won comfortably. But the style of play was great.

Lovejoy is nuts.

:lol: you're right, im fucking barmy me, proper loon.

Looking at records alone :anguish:

depends which way you look at it i guess. would you take rafa? hardly expansive, in fact, pretty much the opposite, but cracking record, and most would spaff their pants if he came here.

This opinion might be a little optimistic and bases entirely on hope but I don't think we're such an ugly prospect for a young manager with ambition. Assuming we stay up Mike will have to spend some decent money even just to get the club back to a safe midtable position. I also don't think the squad is too bad, we've just been left woefully under staffed with a group of coaches with absolutely no tactical know how. If you look at all of the other relegation contenders there's not many from those squads who you'd think will definitely be on the move in the summer. Even if you just take a few players from the squad like Krul, Tiote, Perez, Cabella, Sissoko and Janmaat we have a fairly talented core of players that have performed at two or three times the level of what they're currently producing. Couple that with that fact that if we do stay up we will have an absolutely abhorrent points total while producing some of the most turgid ineffective football going. It wouldn't be too hard for someone to come in who has even the slightest element of tactical know how and make themselves look very impressive.

Obviously this is solely dependent on staying up and Mike spending to keep us in the league next year. Neither are certainties.

Dat mid-table.  Man, if we get someone half decent we might even get as high as eighth.  Fucking hell, as long as we avoid europe and the cups and anything designed to incite even the vaguest spark of excitement we might be able to get paid play in the bestest league in the world for years.

I'm positively jizzing.

Dat mid-table.  Man, if we get someone half decent we might even get as high as eighth.  f***ing hell, as long as we avoid europe and the cups and anything designed to incite even the vaguest spark of excitement we might be able to get paid play in the bestest league in the world for years.

I'm positively jizzing.

If you guaranteed me 3 more seasons of midtable finishes and no cup runs or relegation and eff knows what... i'd take the relegation.

Dat mid-table.  Man, if we get someone half decent we might even get as high as eighth.  f***ing hell, as long as we avoid europe and the cups and anything designed to incite even the vaguest spark of excitement we might be able to get paid play in the bestest league in the world for years.

I'm positively jizzing.

If you guaranteed me 3 more seasons of midtable finishes and no cup runs or relegation and eff knows what... i'd take the relegation.

Yep, absolute no-brainer.

Ambition to get out of the Championship or mundane seasons of nothingness in the Premier League. Give me the Championship any day.

But by wanting to get out the Championship, you're aiming for future mundane nothingness.

Yeah exactly I just can't understand this way of thinking. It's mental :lol:

I'm positively jizzing.

Yep, absolute no-brainer.

Ambition to get out of the Championship or mundane seasons of nothingness in the Premier League. Give me the Championship any day.

I kind of meant in more in the sense that it isn't unrealistic for a half decent manager to come in and achieve that hence we wouldn't be so untouchable as a football club as some people would imagine rather than the 'I want to be a safe-midtable premier league club that has no ambition'.