Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

I wonder if Martinez would be an option? I've a mate who's a big Everton fan and they've seemingly had enough of him down there. I'm guessing he'd have better opportunities than us, assuming he is sacked.

If we're going to appoint some uninspiring, boring British manager.  Then I hope we go for someone like Monk, who could end up being a good manager.  Not some perennial mediocre/shit manager, like Steve Bruce.

I wonder if Martinez would be an option? I've a mate who's a big Everton fan and they've seemingly had enough of him down there. I'm guessing he'd have better opportunities than us, assuming he is sacked.

Would be staggered if Everton sacked him. They stuck with Moyes through much worse imho.

If the last relegation is any barometer the next manager will be Cathro.

I don't know whether that would be a good thing or not? The club clearly rate him internally as he was the only surviving first team coach and he's expressed his desire to manage.

I think I'd rather see how he did rather than give it to Pearson, Bruce or some of the other shite managers that have been mentioned.

Cathro would at least be interesting. Would be intriguing to see him do things his way completely. Would be a big call, but the club is going to hell anyway so why not. Might end up being a Eddie Howe type, which would be amazing.

If the last relegation is any barometer the next manager will be Cathro.

I don't know whether that would be a good thing or not? The club clearly rate him internally as he was the only surviving first team coach and he's expressed his desire to manage.

I think I'd rather see how he did rather than give it to Pearson, Bruce or some of the other s**** managers that have been mentioned.

Would certainly prefer him over those that have toured the managerial merry-go-round, though still there are a number of candidates I would go for first. As for the club rating him, I don't think so, he was kept on by Rafa, who had good references ( probably from his Valencia contacts, aswell as Balague, who rates him highly)

He seems very knowledgable, whenever i have heard him speak, the biggest question I think would be whether or not he would be able to motivate and lead.

They need a hungry guy who knows what it takes in the championship

Step forward Mr Chris Hughton

This all the way, would love to to get him back if he would even consider returning.

Cathro, man. The coaching this season has evidently been as bad as it gets. No fucking thanks.

People said similar about Hughton.

You know as well as I do that coaching has only been part of the problem.

Cathro, man. The coaching this season has evidently been as bad as it gets. No fucking thanks.

Yeah, a  fucking massive part, given that we've not looked like a team all season and a lot of our players seem to have forgotten the basics. Perez looked like a future superstar at times last season. This season he can barely trap a bag of cement. The coaching is utterly shit. We've get zero leaders in the squad so whoever's in charge next season certainly can't be of that standoffish and delegate as much as possible to the senior players ilk.

What do we actually know about Cathro that makes people think he'd be a suitable candidate to manage in the championship? I literally know nothing about him other than he was rated as an understudy at some club in Spain. Since he's been here I've only ever seen him sitting in the dugout looking slightly confused. Like he doesn't know how the fuck he ended up here.

What do we actually know about Cathro that makes people think he'd be a suitable candidate to manage in the championship? I literally know nothing about him other than he was rated as an understudy at some club in Spain. Since he's been here I've only ever seen him sitting in the dugout looking slightly confused. Like he doesn't know how the fuck he ended up here.

This is basically it. Spent a couple of weeks in Spain and morphed into a young Del Bosque. Carver has probably picked up as much on one of his Benidorm stags.

Cathro, man. The coaching this season has evidently been as bad as it gets. No f***ing thanks.

What do we actually know about Cathro that makes people think he'd be a suitable candidate to manage in the championship? I literally know nothing about him other than he was rated as an understudy at some club in Spain. Since he's been here I've only ever seen him sitting in the dugout looking slightly confused. Like he doesn't know how the f*** he ended up here.

I thought exactly the same thing...

His coaching of youth players was reportedly very good and innovative before he went to Spain and came here. He sounds like he has a lot of potential to me from some of the reports I've read about him. He can't solely be to blame for our shite performances this season and I think it's worth keeping him on. Not sure about giving him the top job though.

His coaching of youth players was reportedly very good and innovative before he went to Spain and came here. He sounds like he has a lot of potential to me from some of the reports I've read about him. He can't solely be to blame for our shite performances this season and I think it's worth keeping him on. Not sure about giving him the top job though.

Well it's the promotion to manager that I've got issues with. I don't have any problems with his coaching, although it doesn't seem to have worked here.

His coaching of youth players was reportedly very good and innovative before he went to Spain and came here. He sounds like he has a lot of potential to me from some of the reports I've read about him. He can't solely be to blame for our s**** performances this season and I think it's worth keeping him on. Not sure about giving him the top job though.

Well it's the promotion to manager that I've got issues with. I don't have any problems with his coaching, although it doesn't seem to have worked here.

Wasn't there some talk that he was disillusioned under McClaren and felt he was being sidelined?  He would probably be perfect for the U21s or Academy but it sounds as if he very ambitious and probably would see that as a step back.