Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

I just want a proven manager, I don't really care about the control of transfers bit. He just needs to be the type of manager that can utilise the type of players the club is buying.

this is why he needs to be forrin, sick of hearing 'the system can't work, of course it can but not if the people at the front end of it are antiquated dinosaurs who will resist it at every turn :lol:

I just want a proven manager, I don't really care about the control of transfers bit. He just needs to be the type of manager that can utilise the type of players the club is buying.

this is why he needs to be forrin, sick of hearing 'the system can't work, of course it can but not if the people at the front end of it are antiquated dinosaurs who will resist it at every turn :lol:

Agree with that, kind of basic business that if a system is going to work it needs to be supported top-down.  It will fail if a top level director (the manager) is not 100% for it.

Carver won't get it will he ?

I know there are plenty who still believe this, but the reality is his position has become untenable. His brief was to finish 10th not 17th. That alone must have cost the club millions.

I know there are plenty who still believe this, but the reality is his position has become untenable. His brief was to finish 10th not 17th. That alone must have cost the club millions.

I really, really, really hope you're right.

Why else would they have even considered asking McClaren to come in for the last three games? The priority if we stay up will be to get someone similar to MClaren now, cheap and English enough not to make Charnley and Ashley feel too paranoid.

Why else would they have even considered asking McClaren to come in for the last three games? The priority if we stay up will be to get someone similar to MClaren now, cheap and English enough not to make Charnley and Ashley feel too paranoid.

I guess the best we can hope for is someone like Mark Warburton.

Amen, Amen, Amen!!!!

This I where I've been for ages now. Just get someone in that can actually appreciate what someone like Ben Arfa brings to a team.

Really isn't much to ask for goodness sake!

Approaching McClaren last week shows that the thought of "we're in deep trouble, we desperately need a new manager" entered Ashley's head.

Unless Carver is a persuasive lasagne-faced magician who convinces them otherwise, I think they know he has to go - they can't afford not to.

Given how good a business man Ashley is, it's fucking baffling why he's such a retard when it comes to maxmising the return from his NUFC business model. 

Employ a decent manager to get the best out of the players we buy and he makes more money.  The by-product of that is that we actually get to enjoy watching our team again and he'll get less abuse.  It's a win-win.

Alternatively he can employ another never-has-been manager who will bench our best players, causing their value to drop and him to make a loss.

I'm more and more convinced that he's only in this to inflict as much misery as possible on us for calling him a Fat Cockney Rapist

Given how good a business man Ashley is, it's fucking baffling why he's such a retard when it comes to maxmising the return from his NUFC business model. 

Employ a decent manager to get the best out of the players we buy and he makes more money.  The by-product of that is that we actually get to enjoy watching our team again and he'll get less abuse.  It's a win-win.

Alternatively he can employ another never-has-been manager who will bench our best players, causing their value to drop and him to make a loss.

I'm more and more convinced that he's only in this to inflict as much misery as possible on us for calling him a <b>Fat Cockney Rapist</b>

You are probably right however we were wrong to call him that as he is actually from Burnham, Buckinghamshire.

He genuinely doesn't know what a decent manager is, and as annoying as that is can you really blame him?

Turn on the telly and these moronic pundits would have you believe Pardew, Pulis and Allardyce are the cream of the crop.

It's disgusting.

He genuinely doesn't know what a decent manager is, and as annoying as that is can you really blame him?

Turn on the telly and these moronic pundits would have you believe Pardew, Pulis and Allardyce are the cream of the crop.

It's disgusting.

Like I said on another thread, unfortunately, as far as the media are concerned, you are in an absolute no-win situation.

Pardew - it was always "they don't like him because he's not from the Geordie Nation" - which is an argument so utterly, utterly bereft of good sense, it is hardly worth responding to.

After Pardew, Pardew starts to do ok at Palace - "see, they got what they wanted, and LOOK HOW THAT'S TURNING OUT!"

Carver - gets the job, does abysmally, and now, whatever happens between now and the last game of the season, you'll be getting "They didn't want Pardew, so they drove him out. They wanted a Geordie in the job, and LOOK HOW THAT'S TURNING OUT! Now he's not good enough for them either!" (meanwhile, you're taking 1 point from 27, but that's not the real issue, is it?)

Meanwhile, behind the scenes, Ashley is acting like Dr Evil, totally immune to anything that resembles heart or benevolence to the club, driven by money, money, money.

Even if Carver takes you down, Ashley won't sell. He has a big enough cash mountain to sit it out, he'll just wait till you inevitably, at some point soon, come back up again. There's just no way he'd sell and take a "just gone down" sized financial hit on you.

Even I as an outsider have spotted that you're in an absolutely no-win situation. The media will say things purely because they're all embedded in some sort of "be a sports journalist" app whereby they tap the club name into it and out come the predictable soundbites, regardless of how obviously halfwitted it is.

We had very similar. Lambert loses 8 games in a row, lowest scoring rate in all European leagues, worst home run since 1874, all this shit, but do you know what, according to the media he was "doing a good job".

Same with you now. You're basically fucked whatever happens.

There is a pool of goodwill out there, and it is never, ever there for the supporters to drink from, it is always about the cosy football industry and associated establishment. Fans are just an afterthought.

@isaacfouto: El Rayo espera cerrar esta semana la renovación de Paco Jémez x2 temporadas más. Hay acuerdo en lo económico, lo +importante de negociación

Jemez to sign a 2 year extension of contract with Rayo?

Juande Ramos.

He's won plenty of silverware, mind.

A weird career he's had.

Yup. Did a decent job at Spurs. Took over a team in the relegation zone, got them mid-table, won a cup, respectable showing in Europe. And he didn't have complete control of transfers.

Might be expensive but I think he's the best fit of what's available.

Juande Ramos.

He's won plenty of silverware, mind.

A weird career he's had.

Yup. Did a decent job at Spurs. Took over a team in the relegation zone, got them mid-table, won a cup, respectable showing in Europe. And he didn't have complete control of transfers.

Might be expensive but I think he's the best fit of what's available.

I think that what crucified him is the 2-6 game at the Bernabéu; he actually had put Real Madrid back into the title race after he was brought in to replace Schuster, but that defeat destroyed his career over here. He deserved better than to manage in Ukraine after that.