Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

To be fair I'd take Warburton, really cant see us hiring a foreign manager. Read his wikipedia said after he finished non league football through injury he worked for the banks in London said his personal daily turnover was 1.5-2 billion a day. While doing that he was a part time coach for a school in early 2000s, he went into coaching full time after telling his wife "we have the money in the bank, the house is paid for, our lifestyle won’t change. I want to do this: 10 years to achieve something in the game. It’s now or never" He then spent his own money travelling around Europe, watching coaching sessions at Sporting Lisbon, Ajax, Valencia, Barcelona and Willem II. Got his first job at Watford for the Under 9-16s and worked his way from there. He was the one who created the NextGen series for U19 which UEFA copied and then out did. Hes done a great job at Brentford, wants to play good football, certainly likes developing players but he seems to ambitious for us though and can you imagine him having to work with Carver ffs.

Guest Gino14

When I mentioned Warburton, it was part joking about the idea we'll be relegated, so have to look to Championship level.  That said, I mentioned Warburton, because he seems to be leaving Brentford and has done an amazing job there.  He really does seem like a very good manager, but he also seems to have some integrity about him and that probably rules him out.  You'd have to be crazy to work for Ashley at this point.  That's why a foreign manager is our best bet to get someone good if we stay up.  The money of the premier league can draw them in and they're a bit more insulated from the day to day press surrounding Ashley.  If they do any research however, they'll never come and take the job here.

It changes big time now we are destined to be a championship club again. I hope the club do not go along with Ryder's thinking that appointing Carver could be the same as Hughton (struggled in the PL but became a hero in the Championship). But I won't hold my breath, as it's just the type of logic they would follow.

Warburton would be the obvious choice if he's leaving Brentford, failing him I don't know who they will turn too, the exciting foreign managers won't come to a Championship team, so we are left with either Up and coming  British based managers, Past their sell by date guys like Redknapp, Curbs et al or the simply not good enough crowd lie Carver.

Best hope we have of not starting 2015/16 with Carver in charge is if some miracle happens and we stay in the PL. But even then the twisted logic of our ownership will heap praise on Carver for saving us and reward him with a long contract extension.

We haven't gotten the same mentality or togetherness within the core of the squad like we did when we went down (Barton, Nolan, Harper, etc) after we cleared off those who wanted out. We also don't have a manager who commands calmness, humility or respect in Carver. We also have a small fucking squad who will be going to other top division clubs b/c they won't want to be here any longer playing in the Championship. We're going to be royally fucked.

Sleeping giant stuff, etc. all gone. Staggering that we signed all of these players or had them shortly on our books and they've either gone, regressed, or in some instances never panned out:

- Tiote, HBA, Cisse, Santon, Ba, Cabaye, Marveauz, Abeid, MYM, Debuchy, Anita, Cabella, De Jong, Remy

Honestly, fuck this shit.

Guest Gino14

Unless Moyes actually wants to be in the UK, it'd be a terrible move.  He's done okay at Sociedad this year, totally steadied the ship and got them hard to beat.  Next season will make or break him there most likely.  The only reason for them to want rid of him, would be if they objected to his style.  It's unlikely he'd ever want our job.

Pardew-esque, then :lol:

I personally don't think he's getting the best from the players he has; but he came midseason and has achieved the basic objective of steering them away from the relegation spots. But Real Sociedad should be challenging for Europe, and they would be doing that if they had been more consistent under Moyes.

Again, I think he deserves a preseason and the opportunity to put his stamp on the team.

"One consideration was the former England boss Steve McClaren but the Chronicle understands that option was shelved when the club decided that a new voice could cause too much disruption."

:spit: