Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

The last Real Madrid ass man is managing in the C'ship. It's not unreasonable that he would come to you even in your current predicament. He's essentially untested.

My Madrid friends (yeah, I have those) rave about him; I would be intrigued if you signed him.

If you were his agent and the clubs/managers he previously worked for were top tier, then you would look at a minimum "second tier" club to start his management career i.e. lower european places...

He gets rave reviews about his coaching skills and man management, just can't imagine him "lowering the bar" to a club that has no aspiration other than above 18th place in the league...

From Mark Douglas' live Chronicle blog:

Richard Smith asks: Plenty of new manager speculation past couple days. Clement, Moyes etc Any updates from Chronicle?

Mark says: I think we can discount Steve McClaren and probably Carver now, don't you?

What is interesting is that David Moyes was Mike Ashley's number one choice when he eventually plumped for Kevin Keegan. He liked the way he did things on a budget and saw him as the ideal candidate - but Moyes was unmoved.

Would Moyes take it now? I doubt it.

There is interest in the post from some fairly big names - Carlo Ancelotti's people have enquired, I hear - but NUFC's indecision means they are now back to square one. Crazy.

Eh?!?!?! :lol: :lol: