Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

Realistically given who is available,I'd have Redknapp untill the end of the season. I hate the bloke but I honestly think he is the only one who could give us the best chance of survival. Moyes can't be relied upon,Pearson is no better than McClaren and Rafa is just a pipe dream.

In the summer,if we stay up,go all out for the best and biggest name manager we can find.

Realistically given who is available,I'd have Redknapp untill the end of the season. I hate the bloke but I honestly think he is the only one who could give us the best chance of survival. Moyes can't be relied upon,Pearson is no better than McClaren and Rafa is just a pipe dream.

In the summer,if we stay up,go all out for the best and biggest name manager we can find.

Redknapp won't save us - relegations with Southampton and QPR. 

Redknapp was brought in to save Southampton and got them relegated.  Also relegated QPR. 

Ketsy gets my vote. He is realistic option (Rafa? Please. Many of those listed would not touch us) and would certainly command the players respect, in that they would have his hand around their throat if they didn't.

Bonus points: we would not have to beg or trick him to get him here. He already knows the fans and the City.

He is a championship level manager and that is where we are going to be. A perfect fit.

I'd take Kets as well. Frankly I don't care if we stay up so praying for Rafa or Moyes is pointless to me.

I'd rather have a club legend come in, relegate us but galvanise the fans behind him.

[emoji38]

This is a joke right?

Which part?

See Sunderland for a reference, they change manager every year and it gets them 5-10 games so they survive. He stumbles and they sack him, repeat ad infinitum...

f*** that.

The whole appoint ketsbaia part?

No, it's not. Why would you think it was?

Redknapp was brought in to save Southampton and got them relegated.  Also relegated QPR.

Agree. Also Pearson would be a disaster as well.

honestly not sure on Pearson, sure he's kinda completely insane but on the other hand Leicesters big run began with him and the insane upturn in results towards the end of last season and even when they were losing they never really looked terrible like us or Villa do right now.

We can't equate ourselves with Leicester of last season, different players, different characters etc.. Pearson left the club over what that fuckwit of a son did to the hooker. But just because he took that group of players on a run doesn't mean for a moment that he'd walk into the dressing room here and have the respect of our shower of overpaid prima donnas.

I suspect the players are doing this on purpose, they want him gone and they have no respect for him or his ideas and as soon as he is gone they'll start playing better.. not unlike what happened at Chelsea (albeit for different reasons)

If McClaren hasn't gone today, he's not going.

If he IS fired, we will be lucky to get any of the names which are regularly put forward on here...Rafa for example, is a complete non-starter unless Ashley has a complete brainstorm and gives the next manager full control of deciding which players he needs ; Moyes MIGHT be a possibility, but maybe only on a short-term basis and as we know, he needs longer than a few matches to build a team. Rogers I wouldn't desperately want, but that's unlikely anyway. None of these guys really need a job - they would take the right one, but they all have enough cash to keep them in a comfortable lifestyle until the right one comes along and NUFC is FAR from the type of job they would take under the present owner/directors.

The idiot running things will not want his judgment called into question by having to sack McClaren so unless Ashley has leaned on him and made it clear McNugget has to go, I will be surprised if there are any major changes. That means relegation is virtually nailed on....as with signing players, they have left it all too late to reasonably expect a new guy to save the club from going down but without a change, there is NO chance of survival.

Agree. Also Pearson would be a disaster as well.

Never lost a relegation battle as manager and has done some really good rebuilding jobs? Rodgers or Moyes could be better, but he's no Sherwood or Redknapp.

Really don't want Pearson, Redknapp of Sherwood. Think every one would be a total disaster in long term as keep us up and they would stay.

I would go for Moyes or Rafa and wouldn't rule out Rogers

Guest reefatoon

The thought of Pearson man. The bloke is full of himself as much as Pardew is. He would be a fucking disaster and instantly hated. No doubt it will be him then the cunt that he is.

Not sure why some people seem to think Rodgers would be beyond us.  He's only had one big job and he didn't exactly cover himself in glory there.  I don't think there's many bigger clubs than us around that would take him.

Wouldn't particularly want him here like but if it's him or nothing i'd take him.

Really don't want Pearson, Redknapp of Sherwood. Think every one would be a total disaster in long term as keep us up and they would stay.

But what about Robin of Loxley?

But what about Robin of Loxley?

I don't see how some bloke in tights will fix this but worth a try. Friar tuck could replace Derek Wright and little John can butt fuck Sissoko back to France

Keep seeing Nigel Pearson being linked.  Would he actually be any better?  Got a decent Leicester side out of the Championship.  Just about kept them up last season and now he's gone, Ranieri has taken them to a completely different level. 

I see people in the media saying Pearson deserves a lot of credit for laying the foundations etc.  But I don't think I'd want him and I don't particularly rate him as a manager.  I remember his Pardew moment, when trying to have a scrap with James McCarthur and I remember him getting into a slanging match with some Leicester fans, as well.  Still, I do kind of like him for that Ostrich comment :lol: 

I think the only realistic targets I'd be happy with, are Moyes and Rodgers. 

The array of options are really uninspiring.

Those with any calibre/integrity wouldn't want to work in a Mike Ashley NUFC so that rules out Rafa or anyone of that ilk.

The Moyes link is probably the most likely but he'd certainly not inspire me.

For all of the talk of the job he did at Everton, he had full control, plenty of board support and time. As well as a clearly strong relationship with Kenwright.

He's failed in his last two positions and I don't think his record is that much better than McClarens tbh.

When you look at the parameters of this job (financially, working for Ashley, having a fucking numbnut to report to, having players effectively thrust upon you to work with) it smacks of only really suiting a young, up and coming coach, who is happy to work in that sort of regime.

The array of options are really uninspiring.

Those with any calibre/integrity wouldn't want to work in a Mike Ashley NUFC so that rules out Rafa or anyone of that ilk.

The Moyes link is probably the most likely but he'd certainly not inspire me.

For all of the talk of the job he did at Everton, he had full control, plenty of board support and time. As well as a clearly strong relationship with Kenwright.

He's failed in his last two positions and I don't think his record is that much better than McClarens tbh.

When you look at the parameters of this job (financially, working for Ashley, having a f***ing numbnut to report to, having players effectively thrust upon you to work with) it smacks of only really suiting a young, up and coming coach, who is happy to work in that sort of regime.

I have never been a huge fan of Moyes.  But I think he would be an upgrade over McClaren.  Longer term, I think Rodgers would be a decent appointment.  But he's such a bellend, so it's hard to get excited about him coming here. 

After that, who is there that fits the bill?  Garry Monk, maybe?

Where McClaren has failed, I think, is on the character front. He's not been able to engage the squad or to make them want to play for him.

At times, in fairness to him, and albeit in fleeting moments earlier in the season he's had us playing some ok football.

The problem has been in the resolve of the squad to keep going when the tide turns. There's not enough character in the squad and he's not been able to create any form of backbone in them.

If you compare him to someone like a Klopp or a Keegan whose personality resonates and lifts up a whole club, or indeed city then there's a huge and fundamental difference.

The side effect of appointing a warm, motivator type is that they are generally quite 'emotional' beings who will, on occasion, get the hump and need managing themselves.

They'll also need to believe that everyone, from top to bottom, is engaged in the 'project'. God, I fucking hate that term, in relation to football.

When you work for a cold, calculated money man who is not motivated by sentiment or indeed motivated at all other than survival then where do you get your motivation from?

That leaves either a young coach full of energy (like a Howe at Bournemouth/Neville type character) or an older, perhaps safer alternative, who can drill a system/playing regime into the squad which would make us effective/harder to beat.

I guess Moyes falls into the latter in terms of character but I'm not sure he inspires much other than organisation. He certainly wouldn't be the lift we'd necessarily get from a positive influencer like a KK.

This city is driven by emotion. Half the battle is the feel good factor.

Robson brought it, KK brought it and, to a far lesser extent, Chris Hughton did through his professionalism/just downright decency.

I don't think David Moyes brings it in the same way I didn't think SMc did, all those months ago.

There's a real skill in making people perform for you and the key is them feeling like they are actually wanted/needed/valued. If you didn't personally choose that player (as has been the case with many of the new signings under SMC - see Saivet, Doumbia etc) then the chances of the player actually performing have to be far reduced.

This all points to the recruitment process needing to be based on the ability of the applicant to motivate, to be a 'man manager' and to be able to be a force for cohesion across the club including fanbase etc.

I don't think I know of anyone out there who could do this, as of now.

Edit - if TL/DR - then the team is a reflection of the manager. That's why we're a souless mess at the minute. Robson's and KK's had heart, energy and positivity in abundance.