Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

We're down man and if not, that's how any manager worth his salt will see us. They've made their bed now.

We are only in the bottom 3 on goal difference so not adrift yet.

If we stick with McClaren we are down but potential managers will see we have some decent players - certainly better than Norwich and Sunderland albeit not necessarily in attitude - and think we are worth the risk.  But whether any decent manager would be prepared to take us on, who knows.

I don't think we are certainly better individually than anyone but Norwich & Villa

Nah Garde is a decent manager. Just completely the wrong club at the the wrong time for him imo.

The one club that is a bigger cluster fuck than us. Well Leeds too maybe.

Was a very odd decision to go to Villa with them in the predicament they were in, on and off the pitch. Personally think he will still have a decent career managing, maybe not in the UK but on the continent.

As for us. Any hope in hell of replacing the utter cretin we have at the moment, with virtually any fucker else has to be a massive boost.

Howe would be a very good fit for us imo...

The thing is to be manager you have to have the respect of the players really. You can try and use fear I suppose but in this day and age of player power that's getting more and more pointless.

That's where McClaren really shows himself up in my opinion, he just doesn't have the respect or inspire anyone let alone the players. How many of the foreign players will really know much about him apart from he was the man who couldn't get England to a major finals with their so called golden generation.

Look at sir Bobby or Keegan, I know these types are few and far between but look what at they can do with players by inspiring them.

Who out of our squad would run though brick walls for him like players would for the other two.

I think you should start another poll thread called 'Who would Ashley go for' and fill it with the 20 most inept managers out there.

Probably that one would be more closer to the next man.

I think you should start another poll thread called 'Who would Ashley go for' and fill it with the 20 most inept managers out there.

Probably that one would be more closer to the next man.

Since the odds of getting someone proven competent in are virtually nil, might as well spin the roulette wheel until it hits.  Just start cycling through all the has-beens out there until one of them works.

Nah Garde is a decent manager. Just completely the wrong club at the the wrong time for him imo.

The one club that is a bigger cluster f*** than us. Well Leeds too maybe.

Was a very odd decision to go to Villa with them in the predicament they were in, on and off the pitch. Personally think he will still have a decent career managing, maybe not in the UK but on the continent.

As for us. Any hope in hell of replacing the utter cretin we have at the moment, with virtually any f***er else has to be a massive boost.

Howe would be a very good fit for us imo...

He more than likely would have had the same affect at our club than at Villa, dare I say he's a worse choice than McClaren

Just need someone who commands respect from the players from the off.  Rafa would do at least, but I just can't see that happening.

Every other club would at least try to get the best man available.  We won't even bother.

In a normal world - you'd go all out for Rafa now or you get a guy in to get us safe, pay a nice bonus and then give the keys to Pellegrini, Rafa, Rudi Garcia or Sampaio and be happy as f*** with a world class manager.

Guest neesy111

Just offer a 3m golden handshake for keeping us up, no strings attached.  You'll get a manager good enough to keep us up.

Guest Howaythetoon

If I gave a fuck Rafa would be a real coup and someone who I think could actually deliver a trophy, but he would walk at some stage and would be mad to take the job, as would anyone else.

You know times are tough when Rafa Benitez is seen as too good an option to seriously consider.

Not really. I don't like his style of play but he's indisputably a very good manager. Been a big success almost everywhere he's been.

You know times are tough when Rafa Benitez is seen as too good an option to seriously consider.

Not really. I don't like his style of play but he's indisputably a very good manager. Been a big success almost everywhere he's been.

Exactly.

How Rafa could ever be seen as a bad choice for us is perplexing!

Are you serious? The dude won the Champions League and has been by all accounts very good everywhere he's been. :

Ketsy gets my vote. He is realistic option (Rafa? Please. Many of those listed would not touch us) and would certainly command the players respect, in that they would have his hand around their throat if they didn't.

Bonus points: we would not have to beg or trick him to get him here. He already knows the fans and the City.

He is a championship level manager and that is where we are going to be. A perfect fit.

Ketsy gets my vote. He is realistic option (Rafa? Please. Many of those listed would not touch us) and would certainly command the players respect, in that they would have his hand around their throat if they didn't.

Bonus points: we would not have to beg or trick him to get him here. He already knows the fans and the City.

He is a championship level manager and that is where we are going to be. A perfect fit.

I'd take Kets as well. Frankly I don't care if we stay up so praying for Rafa or Moyes is pointless to me.

I'd rather have a club legend come in, relegate us but galvanise the fans behind him.

I'd take Kets as well. Frankly I don't care if we stay up so praying for Rafa or Moyes is pointless to me.

I'd rather have a club legend come in, relegate us but galvanise the fans behind him.

[emoji38]

This is a joke right?

[emoji38]

This is a joke right?

Which part?

See Sunderland for a reference, they change manager every year and it gets them 5-10 games so they survive. He stumbles and they sack him, repeat ad infinitum...

Fuck that.