Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

Colo can fuck right off like, love him as a footballer but his he constant wanting away pisses me off. Can't say i blame him playing for this club right now though. :undecided:

Disco'll be after ya.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/02/02/article-1352766-0CDDD3DE000005DC-918_306x423.jpg

I honestly couldn't care about their background, I just want someone with a positive attitude. The vast majority of managers who have a decent footballing philosophy about them tend not to be utter disasters.

http://press.comedycentral.co.uk/files/imagecache/showhub-b-main/2008/11/26/mrmotivator.jpg

I'd prefer we opt for someone who's actually proven they can manage a football team.

Worked well with Pards/Kinnear ;)

Have either of them proved that? We could have a rolling six month change over between Pards and JFK. Half a season each.

I honestly couldn't care about their background, I just want someone with a positive attitude. The vast majority of managers who have a decent footballing philosophy about them tend not to be utter disasters.

http://press.comedycentral.co.uk/files/imagecache/showhub-b-main/2008/11/26/mrmotivator.jpg

I was thinking

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTMUE1Tfx6CaLMdBfHjNmcoucwp-SJxZN26jGi6mkEMYFC11ZyvDw

I was thinking

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTMUE1Tfx6CaLMdBfHjNmcoucwp-SJxZN26jGi6mkEMYFC11ZyvDw

:lol:

I'd prefer we opt for someone who's actually proven they can manage a football team.

Agree with this. Load of nonsense recommending former players unless they demonstrated exceptional leadership and charisma or strength of personality, really. Even then it's like throwing darts blindfolded.

Guest bimpy474

Chris Hughton.

I suspect you might be teasing us.

Why would you say that Bimpy?

Chris Hughton is such a nice guy.

Well call me cynical but i suspect you maybe being a tad sarcastic.

Agree with this. Load of nonsense recommending former players unless they demonstrated exceptional leadership and charisma or strength of personality, really. Even then it's like throwing darts blindfolded.

I agree with this as well. Ashley doesn't seem to have the vision and/or the football knowledge to spot a good up and coming manager, and give them their chance here. It's not just a question of who would agree to work under Ashley, but also who would Ashley accept to work for him. For this reason, I think the only way forward with the current miserable ownership is to bring in a vastly experienced and relatively decorated manager. Someone old enough and experienced enough to be able to handle the relationship with MA, and still exert his authority and leadership on the playing squad. Someone in the Hiddink/Pellegrini mould, only less successful, seeing as Ashley would never pay what it would take to hire anyone of their calibre.

martin jol.

No, just no.

why not?done well pretty much everywhere (bar fulham, admittedly).

Other than Spurs he's proven to be a pretty uninspiring manager. Still an upgrade on what we have like.

his win % at hamburg and ajax are pretty shit hot!

I fully understand the sentiment of wanting to get a "Newcastle guy" to manage, someone with a real respect for the club and the fans. But not at the cost of him being a managerial neophyte.

Along those lines, I have a feeling Speed would've turned out to be a very good manager.