Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

@CaulkinTheTimes

#Nufc want Pardew's successor to be 'head coach' rather than manager - a tracksuit boss whose priority will be improving the players he has.

Surely they have to consult Carr then?

So who is in Ashleys circle of trust at the club now? Colo, Carr, Beardsley(?) and Charnley?

If that egg faced Penfold looking cunt isn't completely useless, and Carr has some - any - input in this, I can't help but feel it might be Galtier; previous links, outside choice / kept quiet, would probably work with Carrs players. More in hope of it not being another clueless washup / gambler known by the MD / ex-player / internal promotion and being left in the hands of Llambias

@CaulkinTheTimes

#Nufc want Pardew's successor to be 'head coach' rather than manager - a tracksuit boss whose priority will be improving the players he has.

Oh, I see what you're getting at, George. You sly dog you.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/04/09/article-2305846-192320F8000005DC-560_306x423.jpg

From what I've been told or heard of KK was promoted to him by Sir John Hall, Kinnear was recommended by Wise, Hughton was basically a no brainer and always the caretaker even when full time manager and Pardew was recommended by Llambias. The one appointment that was all Ashley was Shearer? At the moment he trusts Carr more than anyone so it's going to be someone he recommends in my opinion. Bear in mind he entrusts Carr with the entire player recruitment side of the club which is arguably the biggest area of operations.

Derek Llambias and Joe Kinnear may no longer work for the club, but you can rest assured they will be in Ashley's ear about this, unfortunately.

All of Ashley's managerial appointments so far have been very English. For that reason I still find it hard to get my head around him appointing a foreign coach.

My source of hope is that the only players we'd brought in under the new scouting system when Pardew arrived were Tiote and Ben Arfa.

He's switched the player recruitment to mainly forrins, so maybe he'll follow suit with the manager if he has any sense.  Suspect it depends on how much influence Carr has.

Yeah, that does make sense, it made sense a long time ago tbh. It would be nice to actually have a manager who understood how to get the best of the players we are signing, forrin or not.

@CaulkinTheTimes

@CaulkinTheTimes

Just my reading of it, but I'd imagine that would rule out a few usual suspects. The search is on - and not confined to the UK.

@DamianSpellman

@CaulkinTheTimes Hearing exactly the same.

@CaulkinTheTimes

In theory that's very good news, but you never know quite what that could mean.

@CaulkinTheTimes

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/04/09/article-2305846-192320F8000005DC-560_306x423.jpg

if the cap fits

@CaulkinTheTimes

@CaulkinTheTimes

Just my reading of it, but I'd imagine that would rule out a few usual suspects. The search is on - and not confined to the UK.

@DamianSpellman

:megusta:

@CaulkinTheTimes

@CaulkinTheTimes

@DamianSpellman

Aye, that doesn't sound too bad at all. I guess it also rules out some names at the other end of the spectrum. I doubt the likes of Frank de Boer and Thomas Tuchel, men with growing reputations who need to make their next move count if they want to move up in the world of football management, would consider coming here to be 'head coach'.

@CaulkinTheTimes

http://www.true-faith.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Carver1.jpg

@CaulkinTheTimes

@CaulkinTheTimes

@DamianSpellman

Aye, that doesn't sound too bad at all. I guess it also rules out some names at the other end of the spectrum. I doubt the likes of Frank de Boer and Thomas Tuchel, men with growing reputations who need to make their next move count if they want to move up in the world of football management, would consider coming here to be 'head coach'.

Why not?  All "head coach " means is he's in charge of all coaching responsibilities including tactics and team selection.

It's not some sort of degrading term and no different to what most European coaches are used to, not like we would get them anyway but don't see how that rules them out in particular.