Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

Again though, whatever you think about McClaren's ability, he's a proper manager who has will have legitimate aspirations, you would think.

He's not a manager, he's a good coach not manager.

Semantics.

Again though, whatever you think about McClaren's ability, he's a proper manager who has will have legitimate aspirations, you would think.

Of course he's a manager. He's a good coach which is part of being a good football manager, but that doesn't mean he's not a manager.

I remember the days of Boro fans hounding McClaren for the s**** football and results. The UEFA Cup run made him look a lot better than he was to outsiders.

I don't want any manager who has been hounded out for shocking flaws in this league with average clubs.

Bruce chased out of Sunderland, Pulis out of Stoke, Sherwood out of Spurs.

We sit here laughing at Palace fans and people are content with managers who have been berated just as Pardew has been on here.

Inevitably the same problems show, Pardew at West Ham and here, Bruce at Sunderland and Hull etc

I remember the days of Boro fans hounding McClaren for the s**** football and results. The UEFA Cup run made him look a lot better than he was to outsiders.

I don't want any manager who has been hounded out for shocking flaws in this league with average clubs.

We sit here laughing at Palace fans and people are content with managers who have been berated just as Pardew has been on here.

Inevitably the same problems show, Pardew at West Ham and here, Bruce at Sunderland and Hull etc

:clap:

McClaren has a history of failure in his career and I don't want another manager like that.

Semantics.

It's not really, the two are very different and McLaren happens to be very good at one and quite poor at the other.

Semantics.

It's not really, the two are very different and McLaren happens to be very good at one and quite poor at the other.

Urgh, yeah, but the point I'm making us that he's officially been a manager ever since he left ManU. In his eyes he's a manager, and will have the aspirations of a manager. That's not gonna work under the board's current philosophy.

Semantics.

Urgh, yeah, but the point I'm making us that he's officially been a manager ever since he left ManU. In his eyes he's a manager, and will have the aspirations of a manager. That's not gonna work under the board's current philosophy.

He's Head Coach at Derby.

I know it's a cliché at this point but Carver really will have ruled himself out with his comments about ultimately going for the Champions League and trying to win cups. That isn't the message they want to perpetuate, it creates expectation.

I know it's a cliché at this point but Carver really will have ruled himself out with his comments about ultimately going for the Champions League and trying to win cups. That isn't the message they want to perpetuate, it creates expectation.

Aye I was convinced it was going to be Carver but having caught up on his interviews I'll be surprised if he didn't get his wrists slapped for some of his comments.

Guest antz1uk

i know it doesn't mean much but odds have come in slightly,

thomas tuchel was 12/1 last night, now 10/1

Frank De-Boer was 66/1 last night, now 33/1

Let's pray Carr has a big say.

It would be absolutely crazy if he didn't. They obviously value his input as the entire financial model of the club is based around Carr's scouting so it would be amazing (but totally predictable) if we signed another "runners and jumpers" type manager because he's on the cheap. If the point is to maximise the value of your assets for resale then you should get someone who will go about getting the most of the players and achieve those values, someone who will work well will foreign players and their particular skill sets. Things like passing, movement, technical ability, those qualities deemed unsuitable for the English game by Pardew.

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

McClaren has a history of failure in his career and I don't want another manager like that.

He has a league title under his belt  :lol:

He has a league title under his belt  :lol:

So did Dalglish in a better league.

At Middlesbrough he was hated by the fans

Ran out of the England job failing to even qualify for Euro 2008

Failed at Wolfsburg

Failed at Forest

But aye he'll be fine here.

mcclaren gave boro the greatest period in their history tbf.