Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

Sherwood would be an absolutely woeful choice. Very limited experience and he's nearly as much of a twat as Pardew.

Sherwood is a massive twat like. After Pardew I don't want to go through that again. I could see him starting off well then it would be crash and burn as the players got sick of his big time Charlie attitude.

Guest dazzanufc1892

spoke again to the person who i first eluded to a few days ago regarding the choice of rosler (before Heanage first commented on it). Im told he has interviewed and they are now waiting for mikes return. i do not know if anybody else has interviewed and what next steps will be.

My guess would be that all interviews have taken place that were on the short list and it will be waiting for mike to come home and rubber stamp. Why he can't do this abroad, i do not know.

Alex Mcclies succeeded in creating one of the most boring sides in Premiership history at Villa. The bloke is fucking rank. Regardless of Steve being a better candidate than him there's no way we should accept his appointment. We can get better and we deserve better. Far better.

Guest firetotheworks

I have fond memories of those matches at the end of 11/12. Just saying.

I'm playing devil's advocate a bit here, I'd just need a lot more to go on than being successful in the Dutch League and the Championship.

is that de boer out for you then?

genuine question btw, not being an arse.

i sound like im beating mcclarens drum, im not. I can think of many i'd have ahead of him, I dont think he's the second coming, I just dont think he's Alex Mccleish either.

Yeah, it is. Although oddly, De Boer's inexperience in the league works in his favour in a way in that he could be good, whereas we know McClaren hasn't been any good. It's an odd one. I wouldn't want McClaren, but so long as it's an appointment that's conceivably made on merit then sobeit, I'll take it on what I see and the information that's available to us based on his previous experience. 

I have fond memories of those matches at the end of 11/12. Just saying.

I'm playing devil's advocate a bit here, I'd just need a lot more to go on than being successful in the Dutch League and the Championship.

is that de boer out for you then?

genuine question btw, not being an arse.

i sound like im beating mcclarens drum, im not. I can think of many i'd have ahead of him, I dont think he's the second coming, I just dont think he's Alex Mccleish either.

Yeah, it is. Although oddly, De Boer's inexperience in the league works in his favour in a way in that he could be good, whereas we know McClaren hasn't been any good. It's an odd one. I wouldn't want McClaren, but so long as it's an appointment that's conceivably made on merit then sobeit, I'll take it on what I see and the information that's available to us based on his previous experience. 

:thup:

Don't know what to make of Rosler really.

:lol:

you're kidding right?

you discount mcclaren like he's the worst thing in the world but 'dont know what to make of rosler'. based on what exactly????

McClaren is not the worst thing in the world, just depressing reading how many people would be 'ok' with him coming here when clarifying it with 'I wouldn't want him'.

Any way I haven't followed Rosler's career. Just read it on Wikipedia. Yeah no thanks.

Sherwood would be an absolutely woeful choice. Very limited experience and he's nearly as much of a twat as Pardew.

wouldn't last very long here tbh he was quick enough to fall out with Levy and badmouth him in public that wouldn't go down well with Ashley

wouldn't last very long here tbh he was quick enough to fall out with Levy and badmouth him in public that wouldn't go down well with Ashley

Though I wouldn't want Sherwood, I'd take someone with balls and some behind the scenes drama over another boring cunt like Pardew sucking Ashley's cock and going nowhere under the premise of 'stability' any day of the week.

Sherwood would be an absolutely woeful choice. Very limited experience and he's nearly as much of a t*** as Pardew.

He'd be handed his P45 during the interview :lol:

Do Derby & Twente fans hate him? Don't think the Boro fan hatred is necessarily widespread either. He's abperfectly competent manager and has evidenced it on a number of occasions. Would accept.

derby fans f***ing love him.

given he won twente their first ever title, i'd imagine he's liked there as well.

Reading FCTwente.net forum it seems very mixed about him. Some love him some seem to hate him.

Have to remember he returned and wasn't successful in his second stint.

Though I wouldn't want Sherwood, I'd take someone with balls and some behind the scenes drama over another boring cunt like Pardew sucking Ashley's cock and going nowhere under the premise of 'stability' any day of the week.

thing is they won't hire someone who will create drama or someone who has a spine

Is there an argument that a manager can be successful at a club but still end up generally disliked by the fans, with or without good reason? I don't think the two are mutually exclusive? Look at Wenger, for example, saying he's generally disliked might be a stretch but he's been an undeniable success and yet none of us would be very surprised if he was moved on.

Would be delighted with Mclaren or De Boer.

Can't say I know Tuchel or Galtier too well at all, but as many seem to rate them then I'm prepared to bow to superior knowledge.

Sherwood seems a loon and just the sort MA would go for. Rosler, well I thought he was quite highly rated?

Mclaren is a solid, actualy no, he's a good coach. With our recruitment system and structure I think he would sit nicely.

he is far from the manager he was at Boro or 'the wally with the brolly': he has developed.

Pulis is out of the picture so it's all gravy in some respects for me.

Is there an argument that a manager can be successful at a club but still end up generally disliked by the fans, with or without good reason? I don't think the two are mutually exclusive? Look at Wenger, for example, saying he's genrally disliked might be a stretch but he's been an undeniable success and yet none of us would be very surprised if he was moved on.

We also don't watch every team week in and week out. If fans hate a manger there's always a real reason there.

Guest firetotheworks

Is there an argument that a manager can be successful at a club but still end up generally disliked by the fans, with or without good reason? I don't think the two are mutually exclusive? Look at Wenger, for example, saying he's genrally disliked might be a stretch but he's been an undeniable success and yet none of us would be very surprised if he was moved on.

I guess it's relative. Off the top of my head I would maybe say some of the Real Madrid managers through the years. ???

depends on the definition of successful, for example at Arsenal the fans and the board have 2 very different ideas on successful, fans who have to pay through the nose to watch arsenal not unreasonably wonder why they never come close to winning the title or well more trophies in general but the board are quite happy just to qualify for the champions league and count the cash that comes in from that. (This obviously only covers last 5-10 years of Wenger at Arsenal, before that it was an obvious success for everyone)

SBR was despised by the Barcelona fans and media despite ending up the European manager of the year and winning 3 trophies.

We also don't watch every team week in and week out. If fans hate a manger there's always a real reason there.

I'm well aware of that, the question still stands, are the two mutually exclusive?

I'm back at work tomorrow so I'll get as much McClaren info as possible.