Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

Schuster has been a bit of hit and miss, but his hits have been pretty watchable. His Getafe side was really entertaining, and earned him the Madrid gig; his Málaga side last year was pretty turgid though. Heck, even his Real Madrid team was fine, he just had the bad luck of squaring off against a nascent Barça side under Guardiola.

Has he been in 'head coach' type roles at his previous clubs?

Yeah. He's always worked under pretty strong chairmen or DoFs - in Spain at least.

He's probably not as shiny and exciting as the other managers you've been linked to, but there's a decent upside if things work out. He's always been a pretty offensive-minded manager.

Full disclosure: He was my childhood hero until the c*** signed for Real Madrid.

The mandate is also developing young talent, how has he fared at that?

Not too well, Real Madrid got rid of the likes of Juan Mata, Negredo, etc... under his stewardship but that was more club's policy than anything else, tbf. He's never lasted too long at any club too really judge; he did play quite a few last year at Málaga though.

Peter Lovenkrans would go for Frank De Boer

I’ve always said that Newcastle should get Frank. Before he even answered the question about Newcastle, I said: ‘Go and get him’. He’s the right man for the job for me.

“I know Frank and his brother Ronald and the way they work. I will be seeing Ronald tomorrow for the testimonial for Fernando Ricksen so I will have a talk with him there.”

Lovenkrands gave an insight on De Boer during their playing days together at Rangers.

He said: “Frank was a leader when I was at Rangers. He was only there for half a season but we he was unbelievable and he was management material even then.

“The job he’s done with Ajax as well is fantastic. They are a Champions League club and he’s brought young talented players through.

“The way he plays football and adapts training sessions is great.

“He gets young players through the system and the way he plays football and the tactics he uses is spot on.

“For a club like Newcastle will need that. He would be a perfect fit for Newcastle.”

“We want to see the young players coming through and getting a chance.

“The young ones need to be good enough.

“You need somebody who has been producing young players. That’s what they do at Ajax at the training schools.

“The young players love it. They have produced young talent for decades.

“I’ve played with most of them. I think he’d be a great fit for Newcastle.

“Newcastle should make the effort to try to get him. Even though Ajax are a Champions League club and he is a high profile coach, they should try to get him.”

Pasted from a Lee Ryder article incase you didn't realise.

Bit of a character iirc, didn't he storm out of press conferences and refuse to answer questions from the press? In other words, an Ashley/Charnley wet dream.

He's never been too diplomatic. He famously got sacked from Real Madrid for saying that it was impossible to defeat us on the verge of a Clásico. He's a bit passive-aggressive on the mic, tbh.

Same Schuster we denied being interested in the ,Knute his name came into the equation early this week? He has buckled under media pressure at almost every club. Not even sure how he got the Real job to begin with. Smoke alarms going off at this one.