Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

McClaren spent time at QPR under Redknapp, so hopefully they'll make the first move.

I heard a journalist on the radio say QPR would have him like a shot but he has no interest in leaving Derby at this point in the season.  Apparently he really impressed everyone with his coaching when he was there and they want him back.

Guest reefatoon

It has to go to Carver now after last night.  I thought he was really really brave for playing a striker and a fox in the box up top. With that and our pleasing form, it really is a no brainer.

If  McClaren was the choice the announcement for giving the job to JC would have come much earlier than announcement date. He said I am not leaving Derby long time ego and we still didn't announce JC for the remaining of the season well after that  for 10 more days. It seems there were a hope to get the guy with different sort of contractual obligations. Dummet mother cant know anything there is no way LC will discuss this kind of stuff with the players. Just like many clueless people she can speculate and get notice here and there. Garde and more likely Tuchel is what LC wants.

If it is McLaren they are waiting on and he does get them promoted, like others have said, not a given he'll want to leave them. If he doesn't then why are we interested in a man who can't do what the likes of Chris Hughton, Nigel Pearson, Steve Bruce, Shaun Dyache and Mick McMackem have done.