Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

It's a loaded question, sick of people asking it in response to me saying I don't want a Tony Pulis or a Mark Hughes tbh. I want us to stop going in for shit journeymen managers and going through the same process of being told they need to be given time before we can sack them for being shite.

Looking abroad would be a start.

It's a loaded question, sick of people asking it in response to me saying I don't want a Tony Pulis or a Mark Hughes tbh. I want us to stop going in for s*** journeymen managers and going through the same process of being told they need to be given time before we can sack them for being s****.

Looking abroad would be a start.

:lol:

Imagine having the audacity to laugh at me after saying "we need a pulis" man you radge packet.

I'm laughing at the mini rant, I tried to highlight that but it didn't work on my phone.

So you know who you don't want, you just don't know who you do?

Imagine having the audacity to laugh at me after saying "we need a pulis" man you radge packet.

By the way, I don't want a pulis type manager either, but we're so far f***ed I can't see another head coach type working, we're too f***ed for a Garde or mcclaren, who were their two main choices last time.

Why is that such a difficult concept to understand?

It's pointless naming managers I want as it's easily battered away by "they're out of reach." Something I genuinely don't believe is true, our perimeters are only defined by Ashley, we don;t have to accept that though. And there's not a chance I'm accepting that Tony Pulis is the best we can get like, fucking come on man.

It's pointless naming managers I want as it's easily battered away by "they're out of reach." Something I genuinely don't believe is true, our perimeters are only defined by Ashley, we don;t have to accept that though. And there's not a chance I'm accepting that Tony Pulis is the best we can get like, f***ing come on man.

Nobody said he was btw (the best we can get).

The limits are there while Ashley is there. We couldn't get an Eddie howe under Ashley man, let alone a European big name.

I'd sooner keep McClaren that get Redknapp like.

Redknapp would be grim as fuck like, no doubt. His record of fixing toxic dressing rooms isn't the best either.

He's done, would be another yesterday's man. Not even going to get started on his personality.

It's pointless naming managers I want as it's easily battered away by "they're out of reach." Something I genuinely don't believe is true, our perimeters are only defined by Ashley, we don;t have to accept that though. And there's not a chance I'm accepting that Tony Pulis is the best we can get like, f***ing come on man.

It's also not a difficult concept to understand, I asked a question, obviously the answer is yes, and thats fine.

Presumptuous fecker aren't you!

Went for Ketsbaia and Jemez as I think they'd be realistic options for us and i'd love to see either of them at the club.  I think Viera or Seedorf could be what we need as well like.  Imagine the players reaction when Patrick Viera walks into the dressing room and starts talking, instant respect.  Same goes for Seedorf really.

Keegan would be lovely as well but I reckon that'll happen around the same time Charnleys hair grows back and Ashley wins philanthropist of the year.

It's not so much about who we could get or who would actually want the job, but rather who fits Ashley's idea of a manager. It'd be someone to do his bidding and someone who's forever indebted to him for lending him the chance. Like Pardew and McClaren. The manager is key to his construction, but will always expose him for what he is.

It's not so much about who we could get or who would actually want the job, but rather who fits Ashley's idea of a manager. It'd be someone to do his bidding and someone who's forever indebted to him for lending him the chance. Like Pardew and McClaren. The manager is key to his construction, but will always expose him for what he is.

The thread title is "Who would you go for?"...

It will makes no difference who we get. Until we get players who are good enough we will always struggle. Until the manager has control of who we sign no half decent manager will come near this place and the quality of players we sign will not improve either.

Well in that case.  I want Guardiola, with Enrique as his assistant. 

Yep. That'll do. It'll be a very short thread if it's 'who would you go for in an ideal world.'

Guardiola, close thread.

Yep. That'll do. It'll be a very short thread if it's 'who would you go for in an ideal world.'

Guardiola, close thread.

I was obviously being facetious  :D

It seems there is quite a small pool of managers to choose from though.  The ones that Ashley would actually appoint and the ones that would actually work for him.  I'd argue that the majority of the options on that list are unrealistic. 

I'm just hoping that the threat of relegation and the big money that he'll lose out on.  Means that Ashley's hand is forced and he actually appoints a competent manager.  It would be nice for him to panic in a good way and properly back a quality manager in the transfer market. 

Although TBH.  We deserve to go down and there is the outside chance that Ashley would sell.  So maybe it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.  If the last 2-3 years are anything to go by.  Then what is the point of us being in the Premier League? 

Guardiola, close thread.

It seems there is quite a small pool of managers to choose from though.  The ones that Ashley would actually appoint and the ones that would actually work for him.  I'd argue that the majority of the options on that list are unrealistic. 

I'm just hoping that the threat of relegation and the big money that he'll lose out on.  Means that Ashley's hand is forced and he actually appoints a competent manager.  It would be nice for him to panic in a good way and properly back a quality manager in the transfer market. 

Although TBH.  We deserve to go down and there is the outside chance that Ashley would sell.  So maybe it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.  If the last 2-3 years are anything to go by.  Then what is the point of us being in the Premier League? 

i was agreeing with you on the thread title btw.

Don't think Enrique would come back like.

Guardiola, close thread.

i was agreeing with you on the thread title btw.

Oh right.  Well in that case.  Cheers  O0

Quite obvious now I re-read it  :embarrassed: